• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Mobile Version

DeletedUser

Are there any plans to have a mobile version of the game? Even something simplified so you can keep production going? Since it's all flash, I don't think it will work on mobile websites at all, and an app would be time consuming to produce until the game is proving profitable. But I'm just curious if there are up front plans for this.

DeletedUser

Don't really think they will release that soon, maybe when the game officialy releases.. they will focus on bugs and other content related things that has higher priority at this moment.

DeletedUser

agree with the others this is a beta testing of the game they have plenty of things to fix before trying for a mobile update. i look forward to it but think it be far off.

DeletedUser

Compare this game to TW. TW is relatively simple in terms of coding and such. This is super flash based and very difficult to code int he same way, plus so much more graphics intensive that an app/mobile version would be really clunky, unless the game was heavily streamlined for mobile.

DeletedUser

Yes indeed, this game is way more complex and uses much more memory than TW. The West and Grepolis don't even have a mobile version yet.
I Think that within the first 2 years there will not be a mobile version yet :p Maybe a tablet version could be added sooner.

DeletedUser

Sorry if I made it sound like that - I certainly do not want them spending time on a mobile version without cleaning up bugs and getting the game in the best possible condition before release. My only concern was, why go Flash from the start when mobile sites don't support flash. The whole world is going mobile, so it seemed a bit backwards. It's an awesome game, and Flash is a great technology, but until mobile phones support it properly, it is kind of stalling out. So, I figured if they were aware of all this, it may be planned from the beginning. Was less a "suggestion" than it was a question as certainly it's a low priority for the time being if they don't already have plans. Me personally (and I assume many others), I won't sit at a computer all day to play a game. I like the ability to play on the computer for the advanced stuff and still keep the simple things (like production of supplies and gold) going when I'm away from the computer from a mobile phone. A mobile app isn't necessary from the start (like they just did for TW), but a mobile website is very helpful.

DeletedUser

Its not backwards, its forwards. The world is going forwards and soon phones will support Flash. Flash is key to many many things and one day Phones and Ipads and such will have to get Flash.

Jules

Squire
Well, actually Adobe stated that they won't further develop flash for mobile devices and to be honest the current flash player for Android is bad.
So the world is thriving to Html5 whether this is better than flash or not is another question, but if InnoGames wants this game to be playable on mobile devices, they have to either build applications or develop an Html version.

Sources: Adobe, Techcrunch

DeletedUser27

My only concern was, why go Flash from the start when mobile sites don't support flash. The whole world is going mobile, so it seemed a bit backwards. It's an awesome game, and Flash is a great technology, but until mobile phones support it properly, it is kind of stalling out. So, I figured if they were aware of all this, it may be planned from the beginning.

Developing a game with FoE's scope would have not been possible without Flash. HTML5 is not yet ready for the grand stage.

DeletedUser

Exactly - Adobe and Apple will not sign a deal at any point. It's been rehashed over and over, the two companies just can't agree on anything. And Adobe has made several comments regarding mobile phones in general and they just are not interested in entering that market. Forwards/Backwards - doesn't matter. All I was stating is that this will be hard to sell to people if they can't use mobile devices. Without even talking about this fact, I showed the game to two friends of mine yesterday evening on my computer.Both said the same thing - if they can't use their mobile phones, they won't even get themselves interested in it. I just fear this mindset may be far more common than everyone thinks.

DeletedUser

I do agree with you there incorect - I certainly would not try using HTML5 yet for something this big.

What I do think should be considered very quickly, though, is a watered down mobile website (you don't have to develop iPhone/Droid/Windows apps yet) that will just allow you to go through and click on links to farm your resources. No wars can be fought and no buildings can be bought/sold. Simply a way to farm the resources for those that can't get access to a computer every hour. Even a text-based way to research would be nice, but that wouldn't even be completely necessary. I know it's not something you'd likely have out before the public release, but I'd really consider doing it quickly thereafter. I for on like the direction of this game, but I wouldn't last too long without some way to access the game on the go. Any game that takes this much effort and requires several log ins per day will only succeed if people have a way of accessing it in multiple different ways.

DeletedUser

Actually, html5 has made great strides. You are, in fact, capable of making a 3d world with javascript now. It's like most other great new things --- people need to develop their skills with the coding before the power of a language is realized.

DeletedUser3

We are thinking about a mobile version and we will be investigating the possibility to put the game on an app. =)

DeletedUser735

Yeah, it will be good thing to do but as all r saying there are more important things to do first ,but these are second most important as there goal will be to advertise their game and get able to get more ppl at the launch so as to make it successful , as you can take facebook example at there the game popularity is rising as a star , so if they get much support they will surely launch a app. :D