• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Messages: Attachment button overlaps written text and scrollbar [44802]

Andi47

Overlord
Reproduction Steps:
1.) open the window for writing a new message (e.g. from message center, or from "message" button in any of the context menus for players)
2.) write enough text to fill the text box

Observed: the Attachment button partly overlaps the text (the last word here should be "Guild"):
Attachment_button_covers_written_text.jpg

3.) write even more text

Observed: The Attachment button partly overlaps the scroll bar
Attachment_button_overlaps_scrollbar.jpg

Expected: The button should be placed in a way that it doesn't overlap anything. If placed in the textbox, the text should be wrapped around the button.

Suggestion: Place the Attachment button a the bottom beneath the send button.

Issue Description (10/10): See above - the Attachment button overlaps written text and the scrollbar.

Player:
World:
Operating System:
Browser Version:
Viewport Size:

1.112.63816d02c5 (09.10.2017 8:31), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 27,0,0,130, Windows 10, Chrome/61.0.3163.100, 1920x949, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: yes, nothing found

DeletedUser8341

On the app, the attachment button is translucent while typing, so it isn't too bad, though makes reading the message a little difficult:IMG_1228.jpg

Then, when stopped typing, the button becomes solid and overlays the text, preventing checking the full text before sending:IMG_1229.jpg

iOS, up-to-date;
app, latest (1.111.0?);
hardware, iPad Pro.

DeletedUser8341

Suggestion: Place the Attachment button at the bottom beneath the send button.
I don't think beneath the Send makes sense: actions should occur in order on screen if at all possible (yes, this forum software also slightly breaks that well-established i/o principle). The Attachment button could go above the Send button or on the far left of the two buttons.

On the app, it might make sense to keep the button outside of the edit box, too, inbetween the edit box and the send button (I'm not sure how that works for those with very limited screen space such a phone). The Send button could be made at least 30% smaller (i.e., a square or portrait rectangle).