• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Message Center Changes

meidalle

Farmer
I think, adding imojis to the new Message center on PC would be beneficial to everybody.

ReasonAs with all chat, the limitation of emotional expressions are very limited. Imojis, as in most of chats, will make this chat more communicative. :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

meidalle

Farmer
The chat box in the Message center is an "Instrument of torture". It's impossible to go back for checking and correcting. If you try to do it, you might accidentally post it with things you didn't want to post. Please improve it before you send it to live server.

DeletedUser9251

I love the new message center. Can you also give guild leadership the ability to pin the "Important" threads to the top (make them "sticky") as well as the ability for guild leaders to add updates to "Locked" threads? (As others have suggested) (After testing, I have found that "Important" threads will get buried by new messages - these should stay at the very top.)

Also, it would very much be helpful to have the option and ability to add players from outside of the guild into guild threads...which often happens for 1.9 threads and with cooperating/sister guilds - otherwise these guild threads will be forced to the Social section which mixes them back in with private messages, which defeats the point.

As others have stated as well, a Founder/Leader section would be incredibly helpful - where access to the threads in that section is determined by user rights in the guild. If they are a leader/founder - they see the tab, otherwise it doesn't show up.

Emoji options (Particularly for titles/subjects) would be particularly helpful. I also very much like the suggestion made by another player that Founder/Leader comments in threads show up in a different color to make them stand out.

I realize these requests have been made by a number of players in this thread, and I +1 vote ALL of them :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Devilsangel

Baronet
I doubt that adding non guild members is even possible in this message system. Those people are also members of some guilds and will have their own guild messages so there is a big question of where to stick your guild messages for them ;)
While having a button for pinning messages/threads either personal or otherwise should be more efficient, as I though favourites should have been working to begin with. As they are now, in a separate window, having to constantly switch between windows kind of loses the point of "Favourites".

DeletedUser9251

I doubt that adding non guild members is even possible in this message system. Those people are also members of some guilds and will have their own guild messages so there is a big question of where to stick your guild messages for them ;)
I am specifically referring to messages used for guild functions, such as 1.9 threads, which may include players from outside the guild. These messages being in "Social" is inaccurate and defeats the purpose. Yes, they have their own guild - but some guilds do share threads.

While having a button for pinning messages/threads either personal or otherwise should be more efficient, as I though favourites should have been working to begin with. As they are now, in a separate window, having to constantly switch between windows kind of loses the point of "Favourites".
This isn't about user preference or favorites. The ability for leadership to pin "important" messages to the top ensures they are seen. It doesn't effect the point or function of favorites at all. The favorites option is user specific and allows the user greater flexibility to organize their favorites. Important messages are like Guild Announcements that every member should see and shouldn't be optional (Until leadership deactivates the "Important" or "Sticky pin")

Your comment about favorites does illustrate my point with Guild function threads that include other players. Having to constantly go back and forth between "Guild" and "Social" tabs for basic Guild function threads is inefficient and only serves to complicate the process. Being able to cut through the bull and see only the threads you want as a personal setting (Favorite) is definitely a helpful and useful feature.

On that note, it would also be helpful to be able to add non-guild members to threads in the suggested "Founder/Leader" tab (that doesn't currently exist), for communications and threads between allied guilds leadership.

Devilsangel

Baronet
I didn't disagree with leaders option to pin important messages, I actually didn't address the point whatsoever because I agree with it)
Just saying that the ability to pin important conversations for players in the social window is rather needed with the page system that is on PC

DeletedUser9251

I didn't disagree with leaders option to pin important messages, I actually didn't address the point whatsoever because I agree with it)
Just saying that the ability to pin important conversations for players in the social window is rather needed with the page system that is on PC

I figured that out later, haha. I agree with you...it would be helpful on an individual level as well :)

DeletedUser9251

Is there still an 80 player limit on threads? (Particularly in Social, as Guild threads are currently limited to guild only which has the 80 player limit)

DeletedUser9251

The old system was 100.
That's right it was. Been awhile since we hit it, haha. It would be nice to be able to add two full guilds to shared message thread.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I think, adding imojis to the new Message center on PC would be beneficial to everybody.

ReasonAs with all chat, the limitation of emotional expressions are very limited. Imojis, as in most of chats, will make this chat more communicative. :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O
Just hit the windows key together with the dot key (.) and you have access to windows smilies. Sadly they do not work with this forum, no idea why but they work ingame

Last edited:

Borowski

Squire
The App says That the new message Center will Go live in a week. Will the problem with the trades be Solved until then? (Not showing how Many of the requested goods you have in stock)

I've been living with both message centers for week or two and somehow I still prefer the old one. It just doesn't solve the problems of the old message center with messages not getting seen. I literally didn't see an important message for a week until I started scrolling through it. It makes it even easier to ignore even the site announcements by having them on another page entirely and not at the top like it would be on the old message center. Theres still debate over if swap threads should be guild messages or social since not everyone uses them versus hiding versus having to re-add people.

Why not scrolling on PC message center?? The pages are completely unnecessary, this is 2020. We literally see less messages per page with new message center.

housemouse

Squire
I can neither make someone the group admin nor remove or add someone to the guild mail.
Please change that before it goes live. Otherwise that would be a disaster for guilds that share chats or guilds that have different groups for GG, GEx or GvG. It all ends up in social and is then probably just overlooked.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
You cannot have a non-Guild member in the Guild tab. There are no admins for that tab, but Founders, Leaders, and Moderators can mark as important or delete a Guild Message via Guild rights.

Borowski

Squire
And Members that dont want to See e.g. Gvg Channel just Mark it as „hidden“.
but indeed, to be able Go remove a guild mate from a Channel was always very helpful and i Miss That very much. (If he doesnt read PM, just remove Guild channels... or if he doesnt pay enough in swap Channels, Kick ihm from them). Now you Need to Kick him out of the Guild to make yourself clear. i would prefer to at least have an option in Member rights to cancel Guild Channels.

Tanmay11

Regent
I agree, guild leadership should have the ability to remove people from guild threads, there's no option other than kicking if the person keeps ignoring PMs.
the small yellow dot on tabs doesn't help...at least can we get something more visible?

CrashBoom

Legend
I can neither make someone the group admin nor remove or add someone to the guild mail.
Please change that before it goes live. Otherwise that would be a disaster for guilds that share chats or guilds that have different groups for GG, GEx or GvG. It all ends up in social and is then probably just overlooked.
and where is the logic

a message with adding people from outside the guild or removing people from the guild wouldn't be a guild mail
:rolleyes:

and if you overlook it then it is your fault
mark it as important

housemouse

Squire
and where is the logic

a message with adding people from outside the guild or removing people from the guild wouldn't be a guild mail
1. There are certainly guild members who play on / off and leave the guild for a long time because they don't play regularly for a while. But in the case as it is now, you have no more contact with the guild events.
2. There are also guilds that share chats and work together.
3. Then there are definitely players in the guild who do not want to participate in chains or GG or GVG. They are now practically forced to stay in the posts.
4. As a guild leader, I can no longer send circular mails where the read confirmation is given by simply leaving the mail.
5. There are guild sponsorships in which not all guildies should be able to participate, because they are not that far in development or because it is divided into traders or combat

And I can think of 10 more reasons that bother me more about the version than adding every new Gildie personally.
In this version, it creates more problems than it solves.
If programmers were actively playing themselves, such things would not even come up.

Edit: Another very important point, the guild council can then only vote outside the guild

Last edited: