• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Make GB happen less often

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
To keep GB happening on full power but with only the same level opponents. Times of free time and times of strict war.
Details
As above, Tournamnets not every 14 day but once for 2-3 months.
Balance
-
Abuse Prevention
-
Summary
More active fights, preventing burnouts.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
not seen
Hello there.
A i am one of the strongest enthusiast of GB, and one of the haters of proposed changes because this game is meant to be played 24/7.

Of course there is a problem of burnout.

So i think the intensivity of GB is not a problem. But the problem is the fact that GB are all time.
Fighting for a win shpuld be something important, something great but when it is every 2 weeks, it became overwhelming.

Therefore i propose torunaments once for 2-3 months. And propelly balanced. Strict top together, and lower guilds together.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
As someone who thinks making GBG less "time expensive" would make the game better/"healthier", I say this would be quite a radical change, going from 3-days break to what, 60-90 days? Maybe if 1 round lasted for just 1 week and GBG started on every 2nd week would be a better approach?...

Last edited:
As someone who thinks making GBG less "time expensive" would make the game better/"healthier", I say this would be quite a radical change, going from 3-days break to what, 60-90 days? Maybe if 1 round lasted for just 1 week and GBG start on every 2nd week would be a better approach?...
1 week is too short. Bigges adrenaliny in fight session lasts 4-5 days. After this the will to fight decreas and the gatherings drops from 30 to 15 (on avarage) In every guild we fight that works cuz nevertheless we had less people, we still were winning sectors.

2-3 weeks once for 2-3 months.
But thos session had to be really balanced. Top with strict top. Next 8 together etc.

And in fact it is not about time expensive. It is just that playing 24/7 for 6 months is too much to keep the same level of interest in game. Burnout is a serious problem.

And i know, some will write - so just dont play for a while, dont log so often. But there is sth like ambition, and people in top guild love winning, no matter what. So it is not about balance. In wokr you have also to be 8hrs or longer, no matter what. In school the same.
Same in game, you want to win on GB, you have to play it all day.

thats just to keep every session on highest possible level for EVERY guild.
So the weaker guilds will play with themselve which will also provide equal chances for them.

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
I think longer breaks would not be good with the current matchmaking, because it is too random.
My guild plays in Diamond League, but we are not super strong. There can be boring seasons, because either we are too weak and just try to reach P4 or 5 OR we're bored, because we are way stronger than all our opponents. If we'd have to wait so long just to be disappointed.. nah.

tunix

Merchant
Perk Creator
On Beta, we already have a minimum attrition of 33.34% in GBG. That's less than 400 fights per day, even for the best of us.

To reduce the probability of a burnout, it would be a better idea to increase the minimum attrition, instead of not playing for months.

I think longer breaks would not be good with the current matchmaking, because it is too random.
My guild plays in Diamond League, but we are not super strong. There can be boring seasons, because either we are too weak and just try to reach P4 or 5 OR we're bored, because we are way stronger than all our opponents. If we'd have to wait so long just to be disappointed.. nah.
But you can make breakes, and add balance system
1 diamond league
2 Plat
4 Gold
8 silver
16 bronze
32 copper
64 iron
128 stone
256 sand
512 sugar (dot have idea for name )

anything like this.

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
Sorry, I don't know what you mean by "you", I was just giving my opinion as a player.

Rebalancing the matchmaking would be a different suggestion, though.

33.34% in GBG. That's less than 400 fights per day, even for the best of us.
Yea, but this chage means that we are still fighitng all day but with the higher cost.
Its not like the people will the sectors let go to opponent, or anything like this.
It will be taking sector with tears by negotiating it with 100+ attrition.

Ironrooster

Baronet
Yea, but this chage means that we are still fighitng all day but with the higher cost.
Its not like the people will the sectors let go to opponent, or anything like this.
It will be taking sector with tears by negotiating it with 100+ attrition.
When you can no longer win, you'll probably stop.

I like the idea of higher attrition.

Owl II

Emperor
When you can no longer win, you'll probably stop.

I like the idea of higher attrition.
It's you who will probably stop. But GL will solve the same task as now, while having fewer opportunities: his most active fighters will be thrown out of the process halfway.
It would be bad for a strong guild. And it will be a disaster for those who are trying to fight, but are not strong enough yet

I am speaking for myself only here. I think the GBG season last to long I play in 3 very different guilds.

1 casual Iron Age beginners guild where members are keen to learn the game in general. And where the founder and leaders know it would be a mistake to advance to fast before the members have gained enough fighting experience and the treasury can cope with a full season of GBG. Burn out is not a problem as the guild is no where near being able to fight 24/7.
1 Diamond farm that basically does not give a hoot if members do GBG or not, but it is there for any who do want to get some rewards from it. Again burn out does not come into it and never will. We are there to farm for diamonds.
1. Top war guild. Where leaders and members have the skill to work the GBG map and get their fight scores up high. And a treasury that can support both GBG and GVG. We have members in different time zones, But like all higher level guilds burn out is a problem as with the best will in the world people cannot be in the game 24/7. It is a game. RL comes first.

In all 3 guilds I am bored of GBG by the 3rd or 4th day. That does not matter in the 2 smaller guilds. But in my main world unless we have a major enemy from GVG in the mix, (which does not happen often) there is no real fighting, so no adrenaline rush of any kind to ease the boredom. So I think cutting it back to 1 week duration would be great. How long the break in between should be is harder to work out. But a week on, a week off appeals to me.

The OP says
"And i know, some will write - so just dont play for a while, dont log so often. But there is sth like ambition, and people in top guild love winning, no matter what. So it is not about balance. In wokr you have also to be 8hrs or longer, no matter what. In school the same.
Same in game, you want to win on GB, you have to play it all day".

The world is not divided neatly into groups of people who just go to school and do nothing else and who just work and do nothing else. And who just play this game and do nothing else. Perhaps he can explain how people who are at school, or who work for a living can explain to their teachers, or boss why the can no longer attend unless they can concentrate primarily on a computer game during their. study/work hours. And where does time to sleep, and time to cook and eat food and take care of other day to day stuff fit in? Can he let us know just how to best organize a guild with members in different time zones so it can incorporate all this and still manage to play all day and night?

Last edited:
When you can no longer win, you'll probably stop
i will stop when i reach 0 goods xd
In all 3 guilds I am bored of GBG by the 3rd or 4th day. That does not matter in the 2 smaller guilds. But in my main world unless we have a major enemy from GVG in the mix, (which does not happen often) there is no real fighting, so no adrenaline rush of any kind to ease the boredom. So I think cutting it back to 1 week duration would be great. How long the break in between should be is harder to work out. But a week on, a week off appeals to me.
In fact, this boredom - is alse part of war.
Its also the power of guild. To see how they can keep high morale and high will to fight.

Problem is ther burnout in the firt day- "oh no, again war". "Oh no give me time to rest."

In fact, this boredom - is alse part of war.
Its also the power of guild. To see how they can keep high morale and high will to fight.

Problem is ther burnout in the firt day- "oh no, again war". "Oh no give me time to rest."
GBG Boredom ia nothing to do with war. It is to do with the LACK of war. there is no war in GBG. Endless farming for days on end is drudgery despite the rewards. If they gave you the power to defend a tile you own and fight to keep it instead of making you sit and watch it being taken from you every 4 hours it would be better. OK the rewards help compensate for the boredom. But where is the war?

Last edited:
GBG Boredom ia nothing to do with war.
no
Constant war is also boring xd
all time the same, race after race, hour after hour.

and i had it for STRAIGHT THREE MONTHS. 6 freaking session. No chessboard. Just war.
After 4 months of just farming we wanted challange to prove we are strong. Great - we got former best guild in GB. and the second one
We destroyed them with ease. Guess what, next session? The 4th guild.
Easy. Destroyed.
next session?
Again the guild from 1
next session? one strong guild
next session? second top guild
last session before christmas? Top 4 guilds on server in GB. Great war, big fights. But is to boring.
Having to log every 15-40 minutes for races (rarely there were a break longer than hour) is too much. But also - in matter of long term - borin.

They know they will lose (in matter of 2-6 weeks it is hard to change anything)
We know we will win

Session once for 2-3 months would be challanging, interesting and surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.