• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion LOA should produce same age/special goods in space ages

It's DNSL and regular humans can't post in the feedback forum despite it being suggested in the ideas faq. It's not really relevant to SAT specifically so I'm making a thread here.

Changes to Great Building Bonuses. If there is an issue with a GB that needs balancing this should be discussed in a feedback section rather than as a new idea.

In the beginning of the game, LOA produces your same age goods. When the game progressed to the 2 lane roads - goods buildings needed previous era goods to make - so the LOA made those previous age goods. When you get to the space ages however, you need the special goods instead of previous goods to make current age goods in the colonies. Therefore, the LOA should make special goods or same age goods in the space ages. The LOA is out of sync with the space ages of the game, and since it has been updated before it deserves another update now.

What is LoA? I cant find proper name of this GB.

O my God.
In polish it is Lantenr of Faros
(the island of Greece) How the heck it is lanter of alexandria in english xDDDDD

well it could be change but i think it is good for ecenomy that 3 ages from the top - those goods are cheap.

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
This would have to extend to all Great Buildings with the Good Production boost. But it certainly makes a lot of sense to change it for Space Ages to something usable for Space Ages
Definitely, pre-space ages, post progressive era it made somewhat sense to produce unrefined goods. Back in the days at least. For the space ages unrefined goods are the special goods. Magically GB's producing goods don't produce unrefined goods in the space ages. If you think about it. Switching back to regular goods makes the most sense.
Patching space ages' GB's goods production to actually unrefined goods by making current age :goods_special: would undermine space carrier. While returning back to current age goods actually makes the most sense.

forwandert

Farmer
It would be one way to make players think twice about deleting the gb, within a year or so of space aged being released I noticed my stock and deleted them. They are a good way of boosting guild treasuries for previous eras but once you have a few gbs giving them at high level you're basically using a large amount of space for guild use.

There are a few of ways they could solve it. In space ages things that require previous age goods could roll back one era instead so there would be some use for the productions. Techs/negs etc. I still feel that's quite limited though.

The gbs could roll ahead one era in space age and produce previous era goods so bringing the production relevant again to the player for some needs.

Or just bring them to the correct age but I think by design they try to limit how far you can get as fast as possible in newer eras with bottle necks (Mining, explorations and now gbs etc) so might not fit in with the design for the newer eras to speed them up too much.

They could simply rebalance it for everyone and make it previous era all the way through and adjust the unrefined/refined stages so they lead from the previous era.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@forwandert while changing the production to previous age goods is interesting, I'm afraid it'll undermine the sole selling point of star gazer. Not that I mind though. It's just running in the same issue if the GB's are faithfully producing unrefined goods. Which for space ages would've meant special goods. Making the GB's claimed production arguable an fraudulent/inaccurate description for the space ages. If that would be patched, hypothetical cause it'll probably won't be done, it'll undermines one of the strengths of space carrier.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
You could make a case for it being Age-2 goods. Negotiating for space ore uses Age-1 and Age-2 goods. There's already an existing bonus for Age-1 goods, but no bonus for Age-2.