• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded LGs: Don't "burn" 5 FP packages for even numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andi47

Overlord
Proposal:

When donating FP into a GB by entering a number and clicking the Add FP button, I recognize that often 5 FP packages ("5ers") are used for even numbers of FP, so the amount of 5ers in the inventory is decreasing quickly Instead I propose:

If a sufficient number of "2ers" and "5ers" are available, the system should use (when attempting to pay n Forgepoints)
* for even numbers: RoundDown(n/10) 10ers; fill up with 2ers
* for odd numbers bigger than 10 with last digit < 5: (RoundDown(n/10)-1) 10ers + one 5er, fill up with 2ers
* for odd numbers with last digit 5 or higher: RoundDown(n/10) 10ers + one 5er, fill upp with 2ers if required
* for odd nubers < 5: one 2er for n=1; two 2ers for n=3; as long as enough 2ers and 5ers are available, this should be the only cases where FP are put to the bar

BTW: if an odd number of FP is in the bar, these should be used up first, and the rest (n - bar) should be treated as above.

Have you checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

I have posted this to the bugs section a few days ago - this has been moved to "not a bug". I am not sure whether my Idea has been forwarded as suggestion - at least I don't find it in the ideas section.

Reason:

See above - as it is now, I have the impression, that 5 FP packages are "burnt" too fast by using them for even number (e.g. 346 FP) instead of an appropriate number of 2ers. To my experience from before the new "enter a number of FP" feature was introduced, there are more than enough 2ers available when opening 2ers (and 5ers for odd numbers) manually before clickclickclicking on the 10 FP button - and I also have experienced that there are NOT enough 5ers when strictly using a 5er first when the last digit of the number of FP to donate is 5 or higher.

Details:

see "proposal"-paragraph

Balance:

I don't see any balance issues here.

Abuse Prevention:

I don't see how a suggestion to use the FP packages in a different order would be abuse-able.

Summary:

In general I suggest that the system should chose which FP packages (2ers or 5ers) to be opened NOT by just strictly opening the 5er first when the last digit is >=5, but by also checking if the number of FP to be added is even or odd - while also considering whether there is an even or odd number of FP (or zero FP) in the FP bar, and then chosing the 2ers and 5ers in an appropriate way.

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser10047

I would be concerned that this change would cause a shortage of 2 FP packages.

DeletedUser10047

I did manually for a long time what I suggested here, and I never had problems with a shortage of 2ers.
Interesting. I always used to load my bar with the one's digit of whatever amount I needed, using a 5 PF pack if the one's digit was 5 - 9. In some cases, the bar was loaded with one FP less (such as if I needed 8, I would load with a 5er and a 2er). I never had a problem with a shortage of 5 packs.

DeletedUser8336

I don't know how the algorithm goes... but I have loads of 10s and 2s and almost no 5s. It, to me anyway, seems like it always uses the 5s before 10s and 2s.

Emberguard

Emperor
Pretty sure I get more 2’s coming into the inventory in general. If you do a lot of RQs you’ll get more 5’s then if you’re only getting from GB rewards

CrashBoom

Legend
If you do a lot of RQs you’ll get more 5’s then if you’re only getting from GB rewards
unless you are already in Mars Age

there the rewards are 10 FP into the bar instead of 5 FP into the inventory

I don't know how the algorithm goes... but I have loads of 10s and 2s and almost no 5s. It, to me anyway, seems like it always uses the 5s before 10s and 2s.

if >=10 use 10 FP package
if >=5 use 5 FP package
else use 2 FP package

Status
Not open for further replies.