• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Will Not Fix: Keen eye through mortar

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Troubleshooting
Answer from CM: intended or not intended behaviour
Since there's no information in regards if this intended or not, I assume it's not intended. Based off the critical hit ability not working through mortar. Which is the most similar buff.

Browser or App version and version number
N/A
Recreation steps
Fight with/against the new SAT artillery unit
Let it attack a unit
40% chance keen eye hits on adjacent units from the targeted unit
Frequency
40% (keen eye 40%)
Urgency
Unknown
Can this be reproduced?
Yes

-Alin-

Emperor
Thank You, drakenridder.

Fights will be less of a pain if they fix the keen eye through mortar, because I don't think it's intended, the other 4 unith from mortar should not be counted for keen eye since those are indirect, only the main unit should be affected.
Also AO as You said, doesn't work through mortar ability.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@-ScytheNinjAlin- I agreed, can't really be sure if it's intended or not. The more I think of it the more I assume it to be a bug; mortar on its own is OP but balanced by weakening the attack on the secondary targets by 50%. Keen eye could bypass it and making mortar effectively OP once more. AO not working on mortar is probably for balancing reasons but that's speculation.
Either way, if it is intended, the new artillery is situationally the strongest artillery in the game and probably situationally the strongest unit. As it can cause the most damage of all units. Though power dragons are imho the #1 most powerful artillery for them being able to strike stealth and most importantly flying units unconditionally. Though that's a slight edge those things have over it due to its massive destructive potential getting stopped dead in its tracks by strong flying units.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Juber did you ask the devs if it's intended behaviour or not? I'm just wondering cause the question and bug report is pending for quite some time. Not meant to be impatient

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
The issue has been reported now.

The report is not even 2 days old. What do you mean by "for quite some time"?
It's been a little longer pending question:
I don't understand why critical hits don't work on mortar but keen eye does, @Juber could you pls ask the devs if this is intended or just a bug?
After Sunday I've waited till Monday evening. Due to no response I figured it could be missed and created this bug report. After couple of days with regular updates but no response, I figured the mods might be too busy and submitted earlier today a support ticket. Prior to your response I got the reply that it'll be forwarded to the devs.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
@-ScytheNinjAlin- I agreed, can't really be sure if it's intended or not. The more I think of it the more I assume it to be a bug; mortar on its own is OP but balanced by weakening the attack on the secondary targets by 50%. Keen eye could bypass it and making mortar effectively OP once more. AO not working on mortar is probably for balancing reasons but that's speculation.
Either way, if it is intended, the new artillery is situationally the strongest artillery in the game and probably situationally the strongest unit. As it can cause the most damage of all units. Though power dragons are imho the #1 most powerful artillery for them being able to strike stealth and most importantly flying units unconditionally. Though that's a slight edge those things have over it due to its massive destructive potential getting stopped dead in its tracks by strong flying units.
It seems likely it's intended. You can't AO crit with dragon breath's additional targets, but I just tested with a space marine and you can Keen Eye proc with it.

AO crit seems to have the restriction "only the primary target of an attack"

While Keen Eye seems to have the restriction "only while attacking" (contact can't proc it because it's retaliating not attacking).

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@xivarmy thnx for the information and hypothesise. Though I'd like to have official confirmation on intended behaviour. Dragon breath could also been slipped under the radar.