• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Juber's gbg suggestions

Thunderdome

Emperor
- Not everyone can make SC or traps. Guild leader can place SC or traps or other, only when entire guild completes level 4 GE.
So, again, you're saying that SCs/traps can be laid out by the GL only when everyone (entire) guild completes level 4 GE.

This really spells trouble because now every guild will have to require their members (and new recruits) to complete all 64 levels of GE. This is going to be hard for those who are just starting out in the game and those who are building up enough goods and/or attack/def% for their units; let alone those who are recruiting/obtaining their units so they can keep up. I can see guilds either kicking out their weaker, less developed members and/or not being able to lay SCs and/or traps for the duration of the season.

For the powerful guilds probably; not so much for those who are helping their newbies grow.
- sector is locked already, not sure what you say about farmville. To unlock, making a special Trade request to start fight or nego on the province which can be done only by the guild leaders.
Yeah, a sector is locked for four hours. After which, another guild can start attacking/nego on it. When I was testing out in a solo guild, I go for territories and earn each sector without it being handed to me. I would have other guilds fight back, which is part of the game, and they would take them for those four hours. Then it's back to me going after them again. This repeats each time and day until the end of the season.

When I said "Farmville" I mean it in one of two ways:

• The GL would be a limited player, so we will have to wait until they show up to even start off the so-called trade. Time lost, fights lost, negos lost, rewards lost in the meantime.

- OR -

• The holding guild may decline the trade, therefore preventing any other guild to engage the sector. Complete monopolization of the map.

I am sorry, but, I rather keep the old "locked for a few hours then engage at will" way. I am not a fan of the "sector swap" thing.
- each day reset, attrition points to zero. So, every day if user wants fixed attrition, they need to spend diamonds.
And finally, this!

Myself, I can do up to 40-50 attrition a day, depending on the mood. If I have a surplus of diamonds or am a big spender, I can purchase the 300 diamond (5 attrition fixed) option and keep fighting without worry of loses each day for the season. For me, that's making the game "too easy" (the 5 attrition is like having a pebble hitting the side of a tank). Before you go off in saying I don't have to purchase such, mind this: other folks will purchase this and will keep on fighting and taking sectors without as much as breaking a sweat. To them, 5 attrition is like having near 0 attrition if they are advanced enough.

In the end, powerful guilds will take advantage of these little caveats. In the end, other guilds will have to wait until smaller or inactive guilds come up on the map to even have a chance. And, in the end, we will have players and guilds saying "to Hell with it".

nice2haveu

Baronet
So, again, you're saying that SCs/traps can be laid out by the GL only when everyone (entire) guild completes level 4 GE.

This really spells trouble because now every guild will have to require their members (and new recruits) to complete all 64 levels of GE. This is going to be hard for those who are just starting out in the game and those who are building up enough goods and/or attack/def% for their units; let alone those who are recruiting/obtaining their units so they can keep up. I can see guilds either kicking out their weaker, less developed members and/or not being able to lay SCs and/or traps for the duration of the season.

For the powerful guilds probably; not so much for those who are helping their newbies grow.

Yeah, a sector is locked for four hours. After which, another guild can start attacking/nego on it. When I was testing out in a solo guild, I go for territories and earn each sector without it being handed to me. I would have other guilds fight back, which is part of the game, and they would take them for those four hours. Then it's back to me going after them again. This repeats each time and day until the end of the season.

When I said "Farmville" I mean it in one of two ways:

• The GL would be a limited player, so we will have to wait until they show up to even start off the so-called trade. Time lost, fights lost, negos lost, rewards lost in the meantime.

- OR -

• The holding guild may decline the trade, therefore preventing any other guild to engage the sector. Complete monopolization of the map.

I am sorry, but, I rather keep the old "locked for a few hours then engage at will" way. I am not a fan of the "sector swap" thing.

And finally, this!

Myself, I can do up to 40-50 attrition a day, depending on the mood. If I have a surplus of diamonds or am a big spender, I can purchase the 300 diamond (5 attrition fixed) option and keep fighting without worry of loses each day for the season. For me, that's making the game "too easy" (the 5 attrition is like having a pebble hitting the side of a tank). Before you go off in saying I don't have to purchase such, mind this: other folks will purchase this and will keep on fighting and taking sectors without as much as breaking a sweat. To them, 5 attrition is like having near 0 attrition if they are advanced enough.

In the end, powerful guilds will take advantage of these little caveats. In the end, other guilds will have to wait until smaller or inactive guilds come up on the map to even have a chance. And, in the end, we will have players and guilds saying "to Hell with it".
Looks like, you are not ready to change or accept any new strict condition on GbG.

Whatever reasons you mentioned are happening now also without my suggestion also. Advance guild always has upper hand. But with my suggestion, they cannot easily do that. Either guild cleanup or meet the requirement. That's fair in my opinion because it is same for everyone. Everyone has to pick their game performance strategy for level 4 GE to do Gbg in a full fledged manner.

For trade request, correct about other guild can decline. Since 4 hr Max only it can get locked. If that GL not available in our guild or other guild nothing can be done. That's how the entire forge of empires game progress when not available just asked to wait. It just an option to do something when GL's available (but if only one GL means i feel sorry for them). Also if any one guild request to unlock, and gets accepted, that province will be available to every guild.

Last one, too easy for using 300 diamonds. Still best choice because 10 days of GbG, 3000 diamonds in total (very easy to get 3000diamonds). Smaller guild can learn and gets used to spend diamonds for fixed attrition. It is not mandatory but they can use it wisely. This will make everyone play GbG with cleaner mind set.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Looks like, you are not ready to change or accept any new strict condition on GbG.
No, I just merely state on how I like to play my own game, rather than follow someone else's. On a live server, I had left a guild that wanted their members to do up to GE 64 in the first hour, which means either spending diamonds or medals on additional attempts. Granted I can do to 64 if I wanted to in that guild, but I don't have very much medals (as those costs exponentially rise with each purchase) to spend on such prattle. I much rather spread my 64 across the few days (and with timing regeneration of the attempts bar) as I have a week (or 6 days) to do it.

Now, if you got an unlimited supply of medals collecting dust after purchasing all available medal cost expansions then more power to you. I don't as I still have 4 medal cost expansions left until it is done.
Whatever reasons you mentioned are happening now also without my suggestion also. Advance guild always has upper hand. But with my suggestion, they cannot easily do that. Either guild cleanup or meet the requirement. That's fair in my opinion because it is same for everyone. Everyone has to pick their game performance strategy for level 4 GE to do Gbg in a full fledged manner.
Yes, but that's when every other guild is afforded the chance to compete as well. Also, when every player is afforded to grow at their pace without feeling pressured to "rush" through just to meet said requirement. How long did it take you to get where you at today? You have to take that into consideration that not all of beta (or any live server) are made up of just Space Aged players with level 80 buildings, 2k attack/defense, and unlimited medals. Basically, not all of us are end game players. Or, do you think an IA player that just starting out can get up to GE 64? Inquiring minds like to know.
For trade request, correct about other guild can decline. Since 4 hr Max only it can get locked. If that GL not available in our guild or other guild nothing can be done. That's how the entire forge of empires game progress when not available just asked to wait. It just an option to do something when GL's available (but if only one GL means i feel sorry for them). Also if any one guild request to unlock, and gets accepted, that province will be available to every guild.
Exactly that's why there's a lock in place (although there shouldn't be any to be honest so we can take back what was lost without having to wait). Again, having to wait until a GL comes results in lost rewards, time, fights, etc. in the mean time. Or, better yet, if the GL comes on while everyone (in the majority) is sleeping and only a few players were able to take a sector, that leaves out everyone else in taking part in the fun.

In short, I am not a fan of waiting.
Last one, too easy for using 300 diamonds. Still best choice because 10 days of GbG, 3000 diamonds in total (very easy to get 3000diamonds). Smaller guild can learn and gets used to spend diamonds for fixed attrition. It is not mandatory but they can use it wisely. This will make everyone play GbG with cleaner mind set.
Yeah, best choice for botters and cheats as well. And that's where I see the abuse at.

You're thinking about yourself and how you wanted to play your game and everyone else has to follow. I am thinking about other people because I was there when I first started to play. This is why I am in a guild that not only give a fair requirement in order to stay but I can do it at my own pace.

nice2haveu

Baronet
You're thinking about yourself and how you wanted to play your game and everyone else has to follow.
Disagree. I would say that to you very much. Since you don't like waiting, not to accept strict rules to follow. Placing only SC or traps or etc in GbG why you bothered so much. Any Low era people can still fight without SC or traps. I still see the crying if it gets implemented where it will disturb attrition free sector usage for lower era player who doesn't have their city strength to meet the requirement. This will make sure every guild undergo definite process to keep their guild clean with good strength only. It affects people who are not strength enough, but that is not end of world for them. They can increase their city potential and can join back. What's wrong in it. Am making every guild member to have some accountability. If they not, they can comeback once they meets the expectation. Making them aware of improvement needed is good if they are part of guild.

Anyhow, am not going to discuss further since my concept will surely make GbG more popular. Even if entire world disagree with me, I will keep silence and like my suggestions very much.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Disagree. I would say that to you very much.
Duly noted. Everyone's entitled to their opinion these days.
Since you don't like waiting, not to accept strict rules to follow.
Nope, never a fan of waiting. However on the strict rules bit, I just skip guilds that don't fit my style of play of "at my own pace". This is why I am in the guild I am in now. Much helpful people but not too stringent on the trivial stuff. Yes, we can do GBg and are in the diamond league; GvG not so much because we all had said it was unnecessary as GBg is much better in terms of rewards. We win some, we lose some. Everyone gets their fights in with whatever attrition they can stand up to before reset. My GL's just mark said targets or tells us to go "free reign" and we pick the most valuable of targets to engage. There is no need to wait until everyone does GE 64 (as we have more than half done such in a few days; not the few hours others wanted).
Placing only SC or traps or etc in GbG why you bothered so much.
Did I ever say I get to place those, either in my solo-test guild or in the one I am in? Don't know where you got that from. However, if I were to place traps and/or SCs, I would place them as needed and if I deem necessary (if on solo guild) or if the leaders feel like placing (as I am sure they will know if it is worth it or not).
Any Low era people can still fight without SC or traps.
You're contradicting yourself, mate. How can any low era do that if they are not able to complete GE 64 in a guild that supposedly requires such (oh, adding the fact most want 64 done in a hour)? No GE 64 = No Guild = No GBg.
I still see the crying if it gets implemented where it will disturb attrition free sector usage for lower era player who doesn't have their city strength to meet the requirement.
Again, Farmville if it happens. Where one guild in a map takes all and doesn't have to release any one to any other guild if they don't want. Just hope Inno lumps all the fools together in a single map so they can see if they think it's "popular".
This will make sure every guild undergo definite process to keep their guild clean with good strength only. It affects people who are not strength enough, but that is not end of world for them. They can increase their city potential and can join back. What's wrong in it. Am making every guild member to have some accountability. If they not, they can comeback once they meets the expectation. Making them aware of improvement needed is good if they are part of guild.
Part of being in a guild (especially a good one) is helping one another. So, if we are booting folks just because they can't do GE 64 with this cockamamie plan of yours, since they will be a liability for us for not completing such as we do need everyone to finish 64 in order to even lay SCs/traps as needed, how are they going to get better if they cannot get the help they need? Be in a guild that skips GBg since your plan also states that each sector to be unlocked is up to the guild that holds it? Or in one that doesn't have an active member base?

But, stay on your high horse.
Anyhow, am not going to discuss further since my concept will surely make GbG more popular.
It'll make GBg one sided where one guild in each map will monopolize all and won't give others a chance to take any sectors. I am hoping others will put forth their two bits so it doesn't look like we are trading punches with each other.
Even if entire world disagree with me, I will keep silence and like my suggestions very much.
If the entire world disagrees, they probably shout "DNSL" and be done with it.

Yekk

Viceroy
You misunderstood most of them i feel.

- Not everyone can make SC or traps. Guild leader can place SC or traps or other, only when entire guild completes level 4 GE.

- sector is locked already, not sure what you say about farmville. To unlock, making a special Trade request to start fight or nego on the province which can be done only by the guild leaders.

- each day reset, attrition points to zero. So, every day if user wants fixed attrition, they need to spend diamonds.

Hope you got clear now!!
My US guild has a GE win % that any top sport team would be envious of. We are a big guild. 133.3 is very difficult for big guilds. Players move, have vacations, and a variety of other situations. Including other guilds beating us we have seen 133.3 maybe a dozen times in the last 3 years. Smaller guilds find 133.3 much easier. Your suggestion is thusly made unworkable. It allows only those small guilds to make SC's...Guilds with small treasuries...

May be out of sync but wished to share (crazy rules which I like)

- guild which has every guild member completed level 4 guild expedition, can be allowed to use sc or traps etc.

- if one guild locked the province, other guild should have an option to unlock by making trade request with victory/league points to them.

- each member should get a chance to decide attrition concept, which is like either to play with fixed attrition or regular attrition approach. Fixed attrition can be bought with diamonds which is to be done after every reset if player wants to use fixed attrition.
20 attrition - 75 diamonds
10 attrition - 150 diamonds
05 attrition - 300 diamonds
This proposal is obviously from someone who doesn't do a lot of GBG in a high-end guild.

Top guilds can complete a diamond sector in seconds. Some guilds could lock up the whole map in the first hour if they felt it was necessary.

Paying 300 diamonds daily for max 5 attrition will get paid back from GBG rewards quite quickly when the top two guilds agree to unlock their center sectors for each other over and over many times in an hour, all the while refusing to unlock any of the outer sectors, thereby locking the bottom 6 guilds out of the map. And remember, with max 5 attrition from diamonds no one will care about siege camps in the first place(no one uses traps in serious play), because you won't get any additional attrition anyways. 5 is no different than zero for many players.

This would be a dream come true if you are a top player in a guild that always sits in the top two in every season.

As to the GE 4 requirement, the diamond attrition lock makes it moot.

Thunderdome

Emperor
And remember, with max 5 attrition from diamonds no one will care about siege camps in the first place(no one uses traps in serious play), because you won't get any additional attrition anyways. 5 is no different than zero for many players.
An advanced player can click away and collect the spoils without having to worry about changing their troop in the process if this comes into play; because their troops won't take damage at that level. This also means quick sector takeovers by a single person.

It's fine and dandy if a low player wants to cap his or her attrition to 5 so they can get a few more fights in, but then that would make placing SCs pointless for the guild if everyone gets this.

For me (at my current ability), having 5 attrition shows no damage on my troop (consisting of 1 hover tank and 8 rogue battling TE troops). The real plink happens at attrition level 20, and by 40 attrition (sometimes pushing to 45 or even 50 if I am feeling froggy and have diamonds to spare to heal my tank), I hang up my guns for the day.

Bottom line, spending 300 diamonds for just a fixed 5 attrition will have me abuse GBg indiscriminately (up to having the whole map locked before others and refusing to unlock those sectors) for the rewards. It will also inflate battle counts and points since those are counted in the overall ranking, unlike GE battles are not.

SlytherinAttack

Baronet
Baking Sudoku Master
An advanced player can click away and collect the spoils without having to worry about changing their troop in the process if this comes into play; because their troops won't take damage at that level. This also means quick sector takeovers by a single person.

It's fine and dandy if a low player wants to cap his or her attrition to 5 so they can get a few more fights in, but then that would make placing SCs pointless for the guild if everyone gets this.

For me (at my current ability), having 5 attrition shows no damage on my troop (consisting of 1 hover tank and 8 rogue battling TE troops). The real plink happens at attrition level 20, and by 40 attrition (sometimes pushing to 45 or even 50 if I am feeling froggy and have diamonds to spare to heal my tank), I hang up my guns for the day.

Bottom line, spending 300 diamonds for just a fixed 5 attrition will have me abuse GBg indiscriminately (up to having the whole map locked before others and refusing to unlock those sectors) for the rewards. It will also inflate battle counts and points since those are counted in the overall ranking, unlike GE battles are not.
Abuse GbG after spending 300 diamonds is okay I feel. Also, advanced players should be kept out of this whole concept from nice2haveu, because they have worked hard already to reach their city strength and still they spend 300 diamonds to feel less attrition from this concept. I like this concept because, it is giving way for lower players also to plan something nicely, but they have to lose 300diamonds.
Already so many top guilds abusing GbG by making Allies, so don't need to think about abusing at all from this concept. Assume 80 guild members, with each 1million army units with good attack power. They can lock entire GbG map. If they unlock to someother guild by accepting the request, it will be available to all the other guilds too. So every guilds in the map can perform battle for the entire season. One problem is, time factor for placing SC gets conflict because one guild tries to unlock and SC placed already will need to be compromised if the sector gets unlocked. Thought about every use-cases, it fits in to every scenarios with current ability except time factor for placing buildings in the sector.

My personal opinion is, this concept is useful to everyone. Dev's can do little fine tune from this concept. Also GE level 4 requirement criteria i feel okay but it can be changed to strict rule like when every guild member participated in that GbG season per day 10 fights, then guild leaders can place the SC or etc. Bit painful, but it is Guild battlegrounds, entire guild members should be present and take the responsibility.

Abuse GbG after spending 300 diamonds is okay I feel. Also, advanced players should be kept out of this whole concept from nice2haveu, because they have worked hard already to reach their city strength and still they spend 300 diamonds to feel less attrition from this concept. I like this concept because, it is giving way for lower players also to plan something nicely, but they have to lose 300diamonds.
Already so many top guilds abusing GbG by making Allies, so don't need to think about abusing at all from this concept. Assume 80 guild members, with each 1million army units with good attack power. They can lock entire GbG map. If they unlock to someother guild by accepting the request, it will be available to all the other guilds too. So every guilds in the map can perform battle for the entire season. One problem is, time factor for placing SC gets conflict because one guild tries to unlock and SC placed already will need to be compromised if the sector gets unlocked. Thought about every use-cases, it fits in to every scenarios with current ability except time factor for placing buildings in the sector.

My personal opinion is, this concept is useful to everyone. Dev's can do little fine tune from this concept. Also GE level 4 requirement criteria i feel okay but it can be changed to strict rule like when every guild member participated in that GbG season per day 10 fights, then guild leaders can place the SC or etc. Bit painful, but it is Guild battlegrounds, entire guild members should be present and take the responsibility.
Nothing in this statement makes rational sense imho...

Advanced players should be kept out. How? Why would advanced players not have the same rules as everyone else, especially in a battleground? Keep them out because they worked hard? That is backwards thinking at it's worst.

Assume 80 guild members, with each 1million army units with good attack power. They can lock entire GbG map. Why do you think it would take 80 members with a million units to lock the map? It doesn't take that now. Under this scenario a very strong solo player could do it against mediocre guilds, no problem.

If they unlock to some other guild by accepting the request, it will be available to all the other guilds too. Not true. You have to already have a sector conquered adjacent to an unlocked sector in order to be able to have that sector available to you. This would actually give top guilds a reason to lock out the center two or 3 rings from the other 6 guilds in order guarantee that only the two top guilds could ever access the center sectors.

So every guilds in the map can perform battle for the entire season. Not if they get HQ locked they won't. And don't say that won't happen. I guarantee you it would. Especially if you are in a guild that is especially disliked by one of the top two guilds.

Thought about every use-cases
. Obviously not if every use-case that goes through my mind is that this would make farming GBG so much easier, while locking everyone else out (except my partner guild) to guarantee myself a win to stay in my status quo position at the top. And that's the problem, this takes what little battleground is left in GBG away completely, and is more likely to hurt the "little guy" more than it would help them.

And once again, with any mechanic that allows players to lock out attrition, SC's and Traps become totally inconsequential. Why would you spend goods to build something that reduces or increases your chance of gaining attrition if that chance is already locked at zero?

Luckily for all of us, Inno would never even give this idea a second thought.

SlytherinAttack

Baronet
Baking Sudoku Master
Nothing in this statement makes rational sense imho...

Advanced players should be kept out. How? Why would advanced players not have the same rules as everyone else, especially in a battleground? Keep them out because they worked hard? That is backwards thinking at it's worst.

Assume 80 guild members, with each 1million army units with good attack power. They can lock entire GbG map. Why do you think it would take 80 members with a million units to lock the map? It doesn't take that now. Under this scenario a very strong solo player could do it against mediocre guilds, no problem.

If they unlock to some other guild by accepting the request, it will be available to all the other guilds too. Not true. You have to already have a sector conquered adjacent to an unlocked sector in order to be able to have that sector available to you. This would actually give top guilds a reason to lock out the center two or 3 rings from the other 6 guilds in order guarantee that only the two top guilds could ever access the center sectors.

So every guilds in the map can perform battle for the entire season. Not if they get HQ locked they won't. And don't say that won't happen. I guarantee you it would. Especially if you are in a guild that is especially disliked by one of the top two guilds.

Thought about every use-cases. Obviously not if every use-case that goes through my mind is that this would make farming GBG so much easier, while locking everyone else out (except my partner guild) to guarantee myself a win to stay in my status quo position at the top. And that's the problem, this takes what little battleground is left in GBG away completely, and is more likely to hurt the "little guy" more than it would help them.

And once again, with any mechanic that allows players to lock out attrition, SC's and Traps become totally inconsequential. Why would you spend goods to build something that reduces or increases your chance of gaining attrition if that chance is already locked at zero?

Luckily for all of us, Inno would never even give this idea a second thought.
Without this concept itself, "little guy" getting hurt from top guild currently. There is no way for them if sector is locked other than waiting. As you mentioned, adjacent sector to be owned then only they can concentrate. If 99% occupied by two guilds, currently nothing can be done. With this concept, they atleast get a chance of sneaking into adjacent sector if it's get unlocked for other guild. Don't you agree?

Also, it will have more chance of disturbing farming sector, where more top guild farmed allies on the same sector, one little guild jumps into sector might cause damage to farming. This will be the reason for raising alarm for this concept not to support which is kind of supporting abusing GbG (farming = abusing, IMO)

Advance players or medium players, nothing to compare separately in this concept which I feel. Everyone has the same base concept and every guild in 10 days of GbG season has a fair chance of getting many battles when compared to current GbG with this concept. Why would INNO not do which benefit more players. Are they selfish like some guild people not allow low guild to perform, if they have a chance. This concept may stop the abuse of low guild from top guild to a certain level, since they can atleast do something instead of making a empty look on GbG map in a season which covered by top guilds and in other side top guild can perform like previous as usual.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
You are struggling to find ways to help small guilds against professional guilds in GbG, but like Innogames you have lost the main idea.
The GbG championship should only group guilds with similar abilities per map.
Your approach to helping guilds that shouldn't be so high in league is like putting a band-aid on a wooden leg.

Either a guild is able to go all the way up by giving itself the means, or firewalls must be put in place to prevent guilds from ending up at the top to be demolished. In any case, it is the "yoyo" effect which demonstrates that league points are no longer sufficient or are misused.
That a guild finds itself at the top, gets demolished and goes back to Platinum, doesn't shock me. But that this happens to a lot of guilds, one GBG out of 2, remains an error that Inno does not want to think about.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Here's my definition of "little guy":

• A 120+ billion point player
• Most of their GBs are 80+
• Has massive amount of troops and rogues
• Has an A/D % for Attack power of 2,000 % in each
• Has their own single player guild

Here's where the abuse comes in:

• Easily completes GE64 before the next GBg starts for the first week; completes GE64 for the second week (since it's only 10 days with a 3 day break for GBg). Ability to lay SCs unlocked since there is no one else in the guild; just the one player.
• Easily takes all sectors on the map without wanting to accept a trade request to unlock them with other guilds. Or maybe with that one guild if they were part of it and that guild can return the favor in kind. Worse, if they set an alarm to be up at the time GBg starts to get the drop on every other guild first.
• Easily purchases the 300 diamond 5 fixed attrition option. With 2k A/D for Attack, can easily mow through fights, collecting the spoils and gain progress much faster to take sectors without having to change their troop layout (or replenish troops); or as I would call it, a time saver. Here's another one, though; that GL won't have to purchase SCs thus saving on guild treasury resources.

If that's not "Farmville" for anyone then I don't know what is. People talk about how this supposed to help a developing player, but who is being helped more in this? I'm pretty sure it won't be the developing player. This was one of the main reasons why I had stated that this portion should go into the Do Not Suggest List (DNSL) as it would make the game "easier" for folks, especially the advanced one. And, we all know that Inno is a "one size fits all" type of developer (else they would have scale up things as you age through), so it means that it won't exclude the advanced ones just to cater to the small player; money talks, (the other) walks.

This is a reason why we have attrition, the ability to build SCs (GLs can do that), and 4 hour cool downs for sectors. If it were to me, the last would have been no cool down as this is a war strategy game and people who have the troops (and attrition) still standing should be able to fight to get those sectors back or take new sectors.

SlytherinAttack

Baronet
Baking Sudoku Master
You are struggling to find ways to help small guilds against professional guilds in GbG, but like Innogames you have lost the main idea.
The GbG championship should only group guilds with similar abilities per map.
Really. Assume you have only 7 guilds in a new world, and how the similar abilities concept will work. Practically speaking INNO keeps every use-cases in mind. Simply don't consider like it got lost sinc it doesn't favour for you.
Ability to lay SCs unlocked since there is no one else in the guild; just the one player.
Not abuse. That one player is qualified by meeting the requirement with the hardwork covered on their city. What's wrong in it? It is fair to me.
Easily takes all sectors on the map without wanting to accept a trade request to unlock them with other guilds. Or maybe with that one guild if they were part of it and that guild can return the favor in kind. Worse, if they set an alarm to be up at the time GBg starts to get the drop on every other guild first.
It is Guild responsibility if they lose to single guy guild. GL's have to rectify it however possible.
Do Not Suggest List (DNSL) as it would make the game "easier" for folks, especially the advanced one.
For advanced players,
- using 300 diamonds considered as easy which I will not agree in general.
- Though sector got unlocked, they have to fight still.
- Strategy to be handled for approvijg trade request when SCs or other building in the same sector osin progress.
IMO, this cannot be DNSL but moderator and Dev's can decide how they feel with the suggested concept from Nice2haveu.

Really. Assume you have only 7 guilds in a new world
That is really stretching things into ridiculousness since it could never happen. GBG isn't even made available on new worlds until the world is given time to make it viable.

For advanced players,
An actual advanced GBG player would never consider 300 diamonds a day hard if they never had to worry about attrition. They'd make more diamonds than that in a day as rewards from just playing GBG. Plus there would no longer be a need to diamond SC's, which from my experience is where most diamonds won in GBG end up going.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Not abuse. That one player is qualified by meeting the requirement with the hardwork covered on their city. What's wrong in it? It is fair to me.
|
Kindly Re-read!
|
• Easily completes GE64 before the next GBg starts for the first week; completes GE64 for the second week (since it's only 10 days with a 3 day break for GBg). Ability to lay SCs unlocked since there is no one else in the guild; just the one player.
• Easily takes all sectors on the map without wanting to accept a trade request to unlock them with other guilds. Or maybe with that one guild if they were part of it and that guild can return the favor in kind. Worse, if they set an alarm to be up at the time GBg starts to get the drop on every other guild first.
• Easily purchases the 300 diamond 5 fixed attrition option. With 2k A/D for Attack, can easily mow through fights, collecting the spoils and gain progress much faster to take sectors without having to change their troop layout (or replenish troops); or as I would call it, a time saver. Here's another one, though; that GL won't have to purchase SCs thus saving on guild treasury resources.
|
It is Guild responsibility if they lose to single guy guild. GL's have to rectify it however possible.
|
Only rectification will have to wait until the season's over and they don't get the tool in the next one.
|
For advanced players,
- Though sector got unlocked, they have to fight still.
- Strategy to be handled for approvijg trade request when SCs or other building in the same sector osin progress.
IMO, this cannot be DNSL but moderator and Dev's can decide how they feel with the suggested concept from Nice2haveu.
|
Again, Re-Read!
|
If that's not "Farmville" for anyone then I don't know what is. People talk about how this supposed to help a developing player, but who is being helped more in this? I'm pretty sure it won't be the developing player. This was one of the main reasons why I had stated that this portion should go into the Do Not Suggest List (DNSL) as it would make the game "easier" for folks, especially the advanced one. And, we all know that Inno is a "one size fits all" type of developer (else they would have scale up things as you age through), so it means that it won't exclude the advanced ones just to cater to the small player; money talks, (the other) walks.
I stand behind my findings as well as the findings of those who can see it from a mile away on why this would not happen.

SlytherinAttack

Baronet
Baking Sudoku Master
Have shared the following thought long back, giving a try again here.

Making entire season of GbG, not disclosing the guild names. Even in top 3 guild names after season got over, only current guild can see thier name if it is present in the top 3 ranks. They cannot see other guild name even after end of season too.
This will let them do a fight/nego only, rather than messaging, begging, and farming with other guilds. I know all the top guilds will curse me if it gets implemented, but playing fair is my only goal.

Making entire season of GbG, not disclosing the guild names. Even in top 3 guild names after season got over, only current guild can see thier name if it is present in the top 3 ranks. They cannot see other guild name even after end of season too.
This will let them do a fight/nego only, rather than messaging, begging, and farming with other guilds. I know all the top guilds will curse me if it gets implemented, but playing fair is my only goal.
While a great concept, I'm pretty certain that the top guilds will quickly figure out who is who.

nice2haveu

Baronet

Social media age, different GL's will group together outside of the game, shares the GbG map and work out the plan to know who are doing what.

But to make them suffer, opening GbG map, making every time seeing the current guild base sector locating always bottom center of the map with gray color may disturb sharing screenshot of GbG map.

PackCat

Squire
3) reduce impact of siegecamps
- make them act independently (multiplicative) - as was also in jubers suggestion list
- give HQ some base chance to not attain attrition when fighting from HQ - Juber suggested 100%, I personally would go for 50%
HQ should have an implied SC of 1-2. This way there is always a chance to get out of your base without using up all your attrition.
Another option would be to put 2 building slots on every sector, to be used as needed.