• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Issues with GvG, particularly daily calculation

Andi47

Overlord
Daily calculation is affected by a couple of issues / bugs:

Reproduction Steps:
1.) reload (to get a defined initial state) and open an era map (any era you want) in GvG a few minutes before daily calculation
2.) wait until the timer reaches zero
Observed: the timer stays at zero (minor bug/issue #1, (10/10))
expected: the timer should restart at 23:59:59
ideal: it should display "calculation in progress..." until the calculation is finished, and then display the (restarted) countdown again.
Note: the timer restarts, when you go to overview and back to the era map after the timer reached zero.
3.) (not mandatory to trigger the next one) go to overview and back to the era map (to see the timer restarting)
4.) click at a sector and click "view sector" (read the message, and then wait until it disappears)
Observed ((minor) issue #2, (10/10): a message is displayed saying that the daily calculation shoult take less than 30 seconds
--> daily calculation takes approx. 90 seconds (1 minute and 30 seconds), so this information is wrong. Maybe "...less than two minutes" would be better.
Observed (issue #3, this is a bigger one, (10/10)): it is not possible to click this message away during calculation - it stays until the calculation is done
Expected: It should be possible to click the message away (without opening the sector, i.e. returning to the era map) --> I might want to answer to the guild chat for tactical discussions!
5.) open a sector (click it and click "view sector") of your guild
6.) release it (in some cases it makes sense to release a sector and reconquer it immediately)
7.) try to set siege
Observed: (issue #4, critical bug, (?/10, I have seen this at least twice, both on beta and live)): When opening (and closing and reopening again) the released sector, I don't see any button to set siege - the right side of the sector window just stays empty. A reload is required to see the button.
Note: Any other guild member, as well as the opponent (adjacent guild) can set siege!!
Expected: I need to see the buttons as quick as the opponent - it's about being faster than the opponent if I want to reconquer the sector!

Alternatively: After step 3 or step 4 do:
5.) just sit and wait, without doing anything
Observed (Issue #5, not sure whether this bug still exists, but it was at least (8/10)): new health bars for the sectors appear (these red or green bars where you see max. 10 points for the sector's health), but they are misplaced.
Expected: the state of the sector should be updated properly (and without need to reload or at least go to overview and back to the era map)

Issue Description (? - 10/10):
See also above:
Issue #1 (minor) (10/10): the displayed timer does not restart automatically, it is necessary to go to overviw and back to the era map to see it
Issue #2 (minor) (10/10): the information window which is displayed in step 4 gives a too optimistic info about the duration of the daily calculation
Issue #3 (major) (10/10): It is not possible to click the information window ("calculation is in progress...") away, thus making the player unable to do anything (it is not even possible to write to the chat)
Issue #4 (critical) (?/10): At least sometimes it is not possible to set siege just after releasing a sector (to siege the released sector) - thus giving the opponent the possibility to siege it while I can do nothing. (I am not sure whether this bug is bound to daily calculation)
Issue #5 (display bug, but possibly major (?/10)): After daily calculation the map does not update properly, see above

Technical Info:
1.69.4a7734c (29.01.2016 8:33), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 20,0,0,286, Windows 10, Firefox/43.0, 1920x947, DirectX9Ex (336 MB VRAM)

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes, nothing found

Andi47

Overlord
I have a guess for issue #4:
a.) when doing steps 1 to 4 in the above posting to trigger issue #3, and then click to a sector immediately after the message dialogue (the one which cannot be clicked away) click a sector, issue #4 is triggered, i.e. I can't set siege; and I can't fight when a guildmate sets a siege (the attack button is green, but does nothing when clicking.)
b.) when I don't do steps 3 and 4, but instead do step 5 to trigger issue #5, and then, after issue #5 is triggered, click an appropriate sector, I can set siege (or fight if a siege is placed by someone else), i.e. in case b.) issue #4 seemingly is not triggered.

Andi47

Overlord
Reproduction Steps:
1. Go to a GvG map
2. Let a guildmate place a siege (or place it yourself)
3. fight
4. after fight, have some injured (and dead) units. Return to the era map
5. open the sector ("view sector")
6. deselect injured units IMMEDIATELY after the sector window has loaded, and select new ones
Observed: GvG is laggish (especially in the evening) - when the sync occurs a few seconds after opening the sector window, the deselected units jump back in and the selected units jump back out of the army selection. For me this looks like a classical race condition (syncing with the server doesn't recognize that the player has selected/deselected units in the meantime and undoes these selections - this sometimes results in that the player ends up "naked" in the battle)

Issue Description (6/10): When the server is laggish (especially in the evening around daily calculation), and the player is clicking fast enough, the army selections/deselections are undone by the sync, which occurs a few seconds after loading the sector window due to the lags.

Technical data:
1.73.6c9719b (01.04.2016 8:33), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 21,0,0,197, Windows 10, Firefox/45.0, 1920x947, DirectX9Ex (336 MB VRAM)
1.72.e0ac027 (30.03.2016 9:58), Andi47 (868769), de8, de_DE, WIN 21,0,0,197, Windows 10, Firefox/45.0, 1920x947, DirectX9Ex (336 MB VRAM)

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes, nothing found (I thought I have reported this one a few months ago, but I did not find it)

DeletedUser5149

This has been going on for many months now. We even have a name for it - rubber banding. Unless you wait for the big shield to fully load, the deselected units will 'rubber band' back to the active army. Every 'fast' fighter in our guild experiences this, although some days are better than others.

Andi47

Overlord
*bump*

Still "Investigating"?

@Inno - don't test at midnight or with your laptop connected to the server with a 1.5 meter 1000 MBit-Cable.
Best time for testing this one is around (or a minute after) daily calculation - maybe do also some tests on the live servers?

Andi47

Overlord
Bump!!!

Still "Investigating"?
@Inno: When you test this on the internal test server (which I think has MUCH less load than the beta server and the live servers) with a superfast connection, you will never see this. This bug is triggered especially at times when there is high server load, in many cases around daily calculation.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
It's has 'investigating' because from the bare description of the problem, even your latest response, it's a side-effect from performance issues in GvG. So it will be tackled at the same time as those, and the thread's here in the open section so that if it isn't fixed with it then it can be reviewed again.

Note for BETA TEAM: [38741] [38740] [35801] [33301] [27682] [27684] [27689]

Andi47

Overlord
A "Race Condition" (see wikipedia) is not just a performance issue, it is a BUG. And it is POSSIBLE to fix the bug (race condition issue), even if the performance issue is not (yet) fixed. (A possible way to fix a "race condition" issue is described both, in english and in german wikipedias in the respective articles).

BTW: Talking about performance issues: Has inno ever checked, whether the server hardware and the maximum throughbut of the data cables in the server rooms are sufficient? Maybe Inno should invest some "diamond"-€€€€€€€ in both.

Mithrandir

Merchant
Yes this is yet another issue with GvG, there are so many now because Inno has been ignoring it for so long now :(