• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Issues with Forum Layout

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Our forum layout has been changed to a new one that will be present on both browser and mobile. If you run into any issue on either platform, please do let us know by posting in this thread.

Any information is welcome and as with all bug reports please try to narrow down the steps of what you are doing that lead to the issue. If it's a visual problem then of course a screenshot might be more efficient in showing where the error is.

DeletedUser5429

It lacks the recent posts.
As it is, it's quite hard for me to find anything.

Achaeus

Marquis
So far I am not too excited as everything seems to run together. It is hard to see what can be clicked on to move to another section. It is new so maybe it will just take some time getting used to it, but so far I find navigating rather difficult.

DeletedUser

i don't like it either, currently writing a user-stylesheet :confused:

is this positioning intentional?
v7GaaQS.png

edit: also, the "By" is missing between title and username.

edit2: this is missaligned:
8TMorP2.png

edit3: spoiler text is unreadable
WNp6p0E.png

edit4: i'm using the wrong thread. *sigh*

(i'm on a mac using chrome)

Last edited by a moderator:

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
i cant find new posts
You can't see the 'new posts' section on the right hand side? Is that on mobile or browser? Which browser are you using? They're listed below the 'Members Online' section, as it was on the old layout.

SergeB1

Squire
It's better, old layout was (is) pretty archaic for forums.
I only dislike new forum logo, keep the old one with figures of different ages (at list they
symbolize movement from age to age and a man with houses behind him could be a logo for Farm Frenzy, for example)

conqueror9

Regent
Very Bad
the layout ( even background ) look super bad to me

I want to know the exact change and details why crystal villa demote as I have a super -ve population
my city will freeze
I cannot find where the announcment related with it

my guild already has some 1 leave the guild and game
what is happening ?

is that a Christmas and New Year Gift to Inno's valauabe customers ??

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Very Bad
the layout ( even background ) look super bad to me

I want to know the exact change and details why crystal villa demote as I have a super -ve population
my city will freeze
I cannot find where the announcment related with it

my guild already has some 1 leave the guild and game
what is happening ?

is that a Christmas and New Year Gift to Inno's valauabe customers ??
Under the Announcement section you'll find the Daily Changelogs. The thread in question can be accessed from forum's home page, since that is where the last post under Announcements is.

You can also see it under 'New Posts' using the right hand sidebar. Just like with the old layout.

Artubar

Baronet
  • "New" text on the clip at the right side of a new post is not readable
  • contrast of icons in the editor (both quick reply and full) is quite low
  • highlighting an item in the conversation / alert popups (bottom right icons) render the item unreadable (colors)
  • the popups of of those two mentioned above plus your profile shortcuts appear only when page is scrolled to [near] top; not when reading at the end of a long thread
  • convenient methods to mark a thread or a whole form as read are missing
  • crappy search function - short terms are ignored, no obvious way to use wildcards or other placeholders, no [boolean] operators
  • no 'jump to top' at the end of thread lists / in threads

RedRed

Viceroy
  • I don't have a background image, just a navy-blue background
  • There are several issues about color contrast and misalignments (f.e. this is for in subforums dropdown; also the spoilers background-color is too light)
    UR46tU4.png
  • There is a lot of wasted empty space under the "forums" bar (as for the truth, from PC there is alot of empty space everywhere)
    9RkqAkx.png
  • footer contains a cryptic "agb"; as non-native english speaker I'd prefer "Terms and Rules" (BTW the first google result for "What is agb?" is pretty funny)
  • InnoGames footer logo is white on light color (barely visible)
    1ITQ6cE.png
  • [mobile] apple-touch-icon is still the standard XenForo logo

Last edited:

Artubar

Baronet
  • 'Imprint' in the footer forwards to the support login page.
  • why are avatars forced into a circular canvas now??
I don't have a background image, just a navy-blue background
I prefer a plain background over some distracting graphics. But it could fit the overall color scheme a lot better than dark blue does.

Last edited:

Pafton

Viceroy
The spoiler actually is very unreadable. Same applies for the notification of 'NEW' too. It is pretty handy if one has been following a particular discussion.

What I want to know is, if the actually game logo has changed or not (if it has changed then it would be the second change, 3 logos in total).

RedRed

Viceroy
  • text in the search dropdown panel is barely readable
    qeDuebq.png

• hint text in the update status textbox is unreadable
    toPLQCt.png