• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Is "Jupiter Moon" going to be the final age of Forge of Empires?

Considering this age will make fill the gap on the bottom-right of the goods list again, the fact that there are only 3 free grid spaces left in the city (and a grid expansion is not so much a certainty apparently!), and expanding beyond Jupiter would mean the outer planets, or something like a Dyson Sphere construction... which seems unlikely because it would be a gigantic leap from 'planetary exploration' currently, and the outer planets are VERY far away compared to other planets! ....

It might seem logical for these reasons to conclude that Jupiter Moon will probably the last and final age to appear. But what would this mean? That nothing will be added to our favorite game anymore except for more and new events (for as long as it lasts)? What would the future bring to FoE if there are no more new ages?

Emberguard

Emperor
I highly doubt Inno is going to get rid of FoE anytime soon. And if they stop adding ages they'd need to do something to keep expanding the game in a logical sense. I reckon there'd have to be further ages after Jupiter Moon

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
and expanding beyond Jupiter would mean the outer planets, or something like a Dyson Sphere construction... which seems unlikely because it would be a gigantic leap from 'planetary exploration' currently, and the outer planets are VERY far away compared to other planets! ....
Laughing in Mercurius and the sun as even today we've send spaceships to both and
to the further planets. Actually an Dyson swarm would be fitting end game I think. Although I
have no clue for how to making an appealing and expandable feature out of it but I can
imagine ever expanding new toys to add in the swarm and tools to use.
Anyways if any age would be te final age they'll probably cooking up some appealing and
expandable end game and announcing it'll be the final age and for progressing further there's
the end game of some sort which will revive in the future new stuff.

qaccy

Emperor
Yeah, there'll be new ages or eras or whatever so long as FoE remains successful for Inno. Maybe we can't imagine what they'll be just yet, but we on the outside tend to limit ourselves to what we already know and try to expand on that, rather than coming up with totally new ideas which is what Inno is more likely to do eventually.

Was Earth explored completely? No.
  • North & South America were explored and also Asia... could an Era be set around the area between them: Pacific Ocean/ and some of the island groups there? FOE traveled all continents with the exception of Australia
    • With research around volcanos and earthquakes topics?
    • This era would have volcanos (Fire), Earthquakes (Earth), and Ocean (Water)
  • If technology for floating cities at Venus has been researched and already implemented in FOE, could an "Air Future Era" (on Earth) be implemented?
    • Maybe with new research to control the environment, to prevent or eliminate events like: electric storms, hurracanes, tornados?
    • The fourth element (Air) would have been covered here..
  • Ragu Silvertoungue said he would be back... bring him as the main antagonist in a new era (new era on Earth, not at the SA Jupiter Moons one)?
  • Underground exploring has been suggested before.
After four (4) space age eras (SAM, SAAB, SAV, and now SA Jupiter Moons), returning to Earth could be a welcome change.

Last edited:

t s c h u s s

Merchant
Was Earth explored completely? No.
  • North & South America were explored and also Asia... could an Era be set around the area between them: Pacific Ocean/ and some of the island groups there? FOE traveled all continents with the exception of Australia
    • With research around volcanos and earthquakes topics?
    • This era would have volcanos (Fire), Earthquakes (Earth), and Ocean (Water)
  • If technology for floating cities at Venus has been researched and already implemented in FOE, could an "Air Future Era" (on Earth) be implemented?
    • Maybe with new research to control the environment, to prevent or eliminate events like: electric storms, hurracanes, tornados?
  • Ragu Silvertoungue said he would be back... bring him as the main antagonist in a new era (new era on Earth, not at the SA Jupiter Moons one)?
  • Underground exploring has been suggested before.
After four (4) space age eras (SAM, SAAB, SAV, and now SA Jupiter Moons), returning to Earth could be a welcome change.

The thing is that it's hard to change the current layout for cities. You can't just say "let's create a flying city on Earth!" and design buildings for that. What about event buildings, which are the same for every age? What if you wanted to build old buildings? How would they fly in your sky city?

I completely love your idea, specially the underground part, but I don't think they'll ever be implemented, at least on your main city. But stuff like that can be designed for space ages - we're going to have (another) ocean themed age with Europa, and a volcano one could be created on Io. I do, however, think that something has to be done to the space ages concept, because right now is not that great.

How would they fly in your sky city?
Easy, the same way they "fly" on Venus. The "Sky City" on Earth could be a defined grid area just as Venus colony is setup.
Similarily, the underground area could be setup as a separate grid area, just need to change the background.

Different to space colonies, these additional grid areas (Sky, Underground ) could be permanent, I mean not to be declared independent and then not longer available when the player pass to a new era. Travel from the city to the Sky or Underground area could be setup with a click on a out of city structure on the screen, like the links to go from the city to the GE area, or to a Cultural Settlement, or to the current space colony.

EDIT:
I didn't meant that old buildings like GBs, Pagodas, Pirate Ships, Apartment Houses, Shrines, etc. would "fly". Those would remain in the Normal City that we already know. The Sky City would be a separate area where new buildings designed to "fly" or "float" would be located, just as the buildings designed for the Venus Colony.

Last edited:

t s c h u s s

Merchant
Easy, the same way they "fly" on Venus. The "Sky City" on Earth could be a defined grid area just as Venus colony is setup.
Similarily, the underground area could be setup as a separate grid area, just need to change the background.

Different to space colonies, these additional grid areas (Sky, Underground ) could be permanent, I mean not to be declared independent and then not longer available when the player pass to a new era. Travel from the city to the Sky or Underground area could be setup with a click on a out of city structure on the screen, like the links to go from the city to the GE area, or to a Cultural Settlement, or to the current space colony.

I actually like that, but it still has some problems. When would you be able to build in your other cities (underground, sky, etc)? What buildings could you build in there? Would new ages bring new buildings for every city?

You can use the example of Venus outpost for this: each building has some sort of feature on its design that looks like the building is 'floating'. You can't use buildings like that in a city on Earth...

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
If technology for floating cities at Venus has been researched and already implemented in FOE, could an "Air Future Era" (on Earth) be implemented?
Reminds me of an old proposal. It was about an areal future and it's well worked out. Despite
this I do recon that breaking the Space Ages line-up and narrative would be overwhelmingly
down to earth.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
I actually like that, but it still has some problems. When would you be able to build in your other cities (underground, sky, etc)? What buildings could you build in there? Would new ages bring new buildings for every city?

You can use the example of Venus outpost for this: each building has some sort of feature on its design that looks like the building is 'floating'. You can't use buildings like that in a city on Earth...
Actually I think the proposal for choice ages could be a solution. Either finding Prom. in the
deep underground or in the Arctic. While for Orich. either in the depts of the oceans or in
some other place.

When would you be able to build in your other cities (underground, sky, etc)? What buildings could you build in there? Would new ages bring new buildings for every city?

A. When would you be able to build in your other cities (underground, sky, etc)?
The player would receive access to this Sky City area when he reach the "Air Future Era", not before. If FOE keeps the linear progress of the Research Tree, the Air Future Era could be after the Space Age Jupiter Moons, or after the next one.

Similarly, for the underground area the player will get access to that separate grid when he/she unlocks the corresponding Underground Future Era.

B. What buildings could you build in there?
The Research Tree would provide the buildings that can be built at the Sky City Area, as well to provide others to be built at the Normal City area, similar to buildings in Space Ages... some at the Normal City others at the Space Colony.
  • Residential Buildings: Some at Normal City, others at Sky City area.
  • Supply Production Buildings: At Normal City.
  • Goods Production Buildings: At Sky City area
  • Cultural Buildings: Some at Normal City, others at Sky City area.
  • Military Buildings: At Normal City
  • Great Building: At Normal City
  • Roads: Some at Normal City, others at Sky City area.
The same concept would apply to the Underground City area.

C. Would new ages bring new buildings for every city?
Each building would have a "location setting" in their design that would specify where that building can be built. Each building can be built in only one location. The options are:
  • Normal city area,
  • Space Colony Area (each colony with an individual value)
  • Sky City Area
  • Underground Area.
Since I propose that the Sky and Underground city areas be still available after the era where the player received access, then FOE could provide new buildings with the location setting to be able to build them at those specific areas. Like improved residential buildings better than the original ones provided by the era that opened the Sky or Underground Cities.

Last edited:
Actually I think the proposal for choice ages could be a solution. Either finding Prom. in the
deep underground or in the Arctic. While for Orich. either in the depts of the oceans or in some other place.

I like that suggestion, similar to the "Synthetizer" Goods buildings to produce Mars Ore, Satellite Ice that can be built on the Normal City, a new era could introduce new Special Goods Buildings to produce Prom. in the underground city and another era could provide another for Ori.

I do recon that breaking the Space Ages line-up and narrative would be overwhelmingly down to earth.

Life on Earth continues during the Space Age. At space there are just colonies, not room for complete Earth population, the Space Carrier travels from Erath to the colonies, synthetizers goods buildings are on Earth, even the Flying Island is on Earth, not at Venus.