• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Investment confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
To avoid snipers in our GB's
Details
Because it is inconceivable for someone to invest in something that does not belong to them.
Balance
The impact is that unsolicited investors harm you
Abuse Prevention
Not is about it
Summary
When a neighbor tries to invest in our GE's, the game asks if we accept this investment or not.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
I didn't find anything like it
I would like to suggest that when a neighbor deposits points in our GB, the game sends a confirmation request whether or not we accept the investment. Confirmation can appear in a window, when we open the building and in the event history.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I am sorry, but it's a "no" from me as well. You can't take anyone's right from investing into a GB they want to invest in. This should go into the DNSL for a few reasons:

• It makes the game easier on you.
• If affects everyone's game play. That player has to wait until you decide to come and "accept" their investment. If you're gone for a long time (as in being inactive), their FP investment is hung up.
• It's grounds for abuse as a person can empty their entire FP bar, collect new FP, and then have their friend/guildie/neighbor hit the "reject" button to send those FP back to that person's bar. Defeats the purpose of FoE Plus and their beyond 99 FP collection limit (up to 1k).

FP point investment into a GB is part of the game. There is no rule against such.

However, there are two ways you can prevent these so-called snipers:

• Do not open a new level on a GB (beyond level 10). For instance, if you're collecting for level 29, do not open level 30 until you are ready in doing so.
• Disconnect the roads leading to the GB and people won't invest.

CrashBoom

Legend
in 2022 you shouldn't discriminate people anymore o_O

so it would be for ALL players or none
but not for neighbors only :rolleyes:

CrashBoom

Legend
When a neighbor tries to invest in our GE's, the game asks if we accept this investment or not.

so X invests 1000 FP and at that time it would be P1. now you can accept it whenever you want ?
so you can wait until someone else did P1 and those 1000 FP would give him only P2

ABUSE found :D

Confirmation can appear in a window, when we open the building and in the event history.
then I don't open the building before the other did P1 :oops:
and after click accept

You lose everything in this game. neighbors rob you trades rob you (developers want you to always lose, never win) GB Sniper. But sniper losses are the most unfair in the game. If the neighbor wants to invest, invite him to join the guild or be his friend. This system is very poorly designed.
I am sorry, but it's a "no" from me as well. You can't take anyone's right from investing into a GB they want to invest in. This should go into the DNSL for a few reasons:

• It makes the game easier on you.
• If affects everyone's game play. That player has to wait until you decide to come and "accept" their investment. If you're gone for a long time (as in being inactive), their FP investment is hung up.
• It's grounds for abuse as a person can empty their entire FP bar, collect new FP, and then have their friend/guildie/neighbor hit the "reject" button to send those FP back to that person's bar. Defeats the purpose of FoE Plus and their beyond 99 FP collection limit (up to 1k).

FP point investment into a GB is part of the game. There is no rule against such.

However, there are two ways you can prevent these so-called snipers:

• Do not open a new level on a GB (beyond level 10). For instance, if you're collecting for level 29, do not open level 30 until you are ready in doing so.
• Disconnect the roads leading to the GB and people won't invest.

Thunderdome

Emperor
You lose everything in this game. neighbors rob you trades rob you (developers want you to always lose, never win) GB Sniper. But sniper losses are the most unfair in the game. If the neighbor wants to invest, invite him to join the guild or be his friend. This system is very poorly designed.
You have to be kidding me, right? You must be one of those who expect to log in, collect, and think nothing is going to happen.

This thread has become a ranting session because you think everything is "unfair" for your tastes.
great idea

especially disconnecting the Arc can be a really "smart" way to avoid losses o_O
I have seen such on Facebook that was shared. Thought it was a good idea.

I have seen such on Facebook that was shared. Thought it was a good idea.
You lose your Arc bonus on any buildings that level while your Arc is disconnected. For all buildings production timers stop while disconnected and/or you lose the bonus. That is why it is generally considered a bad idea.

Also, if I notice someone has been away and if I look at their city and see disconnected great buildings, that indicates to me they've quit the game, and so gets an instant removal from my friends list.

Emberguard

Emperor
The contribution bonus isn't for the owner of the building..... besides from which, it'd be far more of a pain to level up with your suggestion than it is to just get sniped every so often. You can prevent 99% of sniping just by preparing your Great Building properly and planning ahead.

I don't want to have to check every single contribution that comes onto my Great Building, and by barring entry on every contribution you're also removing those that would have contributed in your favour but will stop contributing altogether because you've put a wall there. It wouldn't just stop those you don't want contributing (it'd have no way of discerning)

Last edited:

.Chris

Baronet
Do your collection on time and you cannot be robbed.
Don't accept unfair trades and you cannot be robbed.
Take care of you GBs and you cannot be robbed.

Is the system poorly designed or are you using the system poorly...

Ironrooster

Baronet
I vote no.

Acquiring blueprints from contributing to other peoples GB's is a fundamental part of the game.

My GB's are never "sniped". All contributions are welcome in any amount.

Thunderdome

Emperor
You lose your Arc bonus on any buildings that level while your Arc is disconnected. For all buildings production timers stop while disconnected and/or you lose the bonus. That is why it is generally considered a bad idea.
I did not know that. Although, I had done this move when I was power leveling it up to 10. Later levels, I just open 1 level to my GB and then post to the 1.9. If I don't have enough to secure the top first spots, I would wait until I get ready to collect, open the level, dump the FP I have on to there, collect the additional FP in my city, put in the remaining amount, and then post to the 1.9 thread in my guild.
Also, if I notice someone has been away and if I look at their city and see disconnected great buildings, that indicates to me they've quit the game, and so gets an instant removal from my friends list.
That could explain why some left me, heh heh. It was only one GB I had disconnected at the time.
You can prevent 99% of sniping just by preparing your Great Building properly and planning ahead.
Exactly. I don't know why people are making a fuss on something that is allowed in game. If someone puts 1 fp on mine, I would see they were trying to help, but they have to know that they will be bumped off by those who put in a higher fp amount; either by 1.9 or through regular swaps.
Do your collection on time and you cannot be robbed.
Don't accept unfair trades and you cannot be robbed.
Take care of you GBs and you cannot be robbed.

Is the system poorly designed or are you using the system poorly...
That right there, shows me that if he (or she) was making a fuss about the game, clearly they haven't played it right.

• I tend to collect on time (if I have any buildings that are plunderable). If not, then I don't cry over spilled milk. Most of the time, I just get attacked and they just leave me be.
• Can't tell anyone how many times I would just skip trades that are not favorable. You know, the ones that have people wanting 2 of a good for 1 good of the same age (LOFL). I don't make a fuss, I just skip them. If the person isn't getting any trades picked up, maybe they need to re-evaluate their trades.
• I do that all the time with my GBs. I would open up levels to set them up and then put the GB in a 1.9 that would be secured from sniping.
Acquiring blueprints from contributing to other peoples GB's is a fundamental part of the game.
Exactly. If I put fp on someone's GB, it would be at the 1.9 exchange. I don't need a "permission" slip to play a game that was meant to be played.
If the neighbor wants to invest, invite him to join the guild or be his friend.
Now, that I am back on the computer (takes too long to write via tablet), I got something to say to you when it comes to this:

"That's your rule, not mine. I don't have to have a neighbor in a guild or friend list to invest in my GBs (and because I had been doing such via 1.9). The only time I would put someone on my FL is if they are not in my hood or guild, or if they want to add me to their FL or had asked for a FR."

Again, this idea should go into the Do Not Suggest List (DNSL) for my previous reasons (post #4) and for the reasons that have been posted by other players.

Last edited:

Finkadel

Marquis
Good grief, are you serious?

You know (or apparently not...) an active guild would spare you all that? Fair trades within seconds, threads with 1,9 within minutes and answering all your doubts within hour at most.

But I do get, an active guild requires something, like doing GE or GBG... If you log only for 5 minutes a day, better play cards. Or carrot harvest. Or even chess.

Status
Not open for further replies.