• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Increase the Forge Point Bar collection limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
To improve quality of life: it just makes daily collections more convenient, especially because you have to pause between collecting buildings and it is very annoying to have to dump all your FPs two or three times in GBs just to do your daily collection.
Details
Well, it would work as it does currently, but the FP limit is just increased. I have explained it above.
Balance
I don't think this will have any impact on other game features.
Abuse Prevention
I know the FP Bar collection limit was likely introduced to prevent players from hoarding FPs in their bar, and there will still be the same limit.
Summary
Just an increased FP Bar collection limit. Self-explanatory, I believe.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
I have searched "Forge Point Bar" on this forum, and I did not find anything relating to my proposal in the slightest. Forgive me if you find anything relating to this.
My proposal is to increase the FP Bar collection limit appropriate to a player's daily FP collection. For instance, if a player makes 300 FPs/day, then the FP bar collection limit would rise to 300 +100, so 400.

When possible, assume the maximum possible FPs that can be collected: for random production buildings, assume they will produce FPs, and when a Blue Galaxy is in the city, assume the first X most FP producing buildings to be doubled.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

CrashBoom

Legend
but exclude production buildings
just wondering:
why would you exclude the production buildings ?

for people who are now wondering about my question:
production buildings are all the buildings with 6 options (5 mins -> 1 day)
and the versions from event / GEx can produce FP
like Terrace Farm (level 2 = 12 FP on daily)

prevent players from hoarding FPs in their bar
my solution would be: no limit but bar will lose 10% every hour
that will also prevent players from hoarding FPs in their bar for a longer time

:D

just wondering:

1) Okay, maybe include FPs from production buildings then. I thought maybe 8 hour FP productions like the Magnum Opus would mess up the calculations.

2) No, that sounds terrible. If I made 300FP a day and forgot to spend it until the next day, compound interest will destroy me lol.

Thunderdome

Emperor
If it were to me, I would have it where the FP bar is unlimited like coin and supplies currently are without any loss other than the player spending. The free regeneration should stop once filled (from empty at 1 hour intervals). What made Inno restrict this at 100 in the first place is way beyond me. However, they thought it was cute (after so many suggestions from players to increase said limit) to put it into an over-priced monthly package that only a few (yes, I had seen some of those with the frame) had bought into.

Prior to having Blue Galaxy (BG), I would take my FP count down to 99, click on the Collect All button (5 diamonds) and watch as the FP bar would fill up so I can participate in 1.9 investing to get FP packs in return. However, after getting the BG in operation, I do not know the mechanics of the collect all, so I wind up manually collecting the important buildings that deserved to be collected by BG's 2x chance, sometimes having to empty out the FP bar before resuming and then hitting the collect all (if under 99 in the bar) to finish off the collections.

Further details into your proposal is needed. A question I have is how the game is going to calculate the threshold if a player is fluctuating; like 200 FP in a day compared to 300 FP in a day (certain buildings can give FP but chose to give other things like the Crow's Nest, Wishing Well, Fountain of Youth, or any other 24-hour random producing building)? Would it occur at server reset? When the player collects (the 8 hour plus the 24 hour)? When a player begins production of said FP? When a building begins such (as mentioned in the last few sentences)?
At first I had said that I wanted what Inno was smoking, but now I want what you've been smoking, mate! LOL, must have been some really good stuff!

Further details into your proposal is needed. A question I have is how the game is going to calculate the threshold if a player is fluctuating; like 200 FP in a day compared to 300 FP in a day (certain buildings can give FP but chose to give other things like the Crow's Nest, Wishing Well, Fountain of Youth, or any other 24-hour random producing building)? Would it occur at server reset? When the player collects (the 8 hour plus the 24 hour)? When a player begins production of said FP? When a building begins such (as mentioned in the last few sentences)?
This'll probably sound confusing but I will give it a shot.

I have mentioned (though probably not clearly enough) that those “FP chance” buildings will be included as if they were going to produce their full potential of FPs. Now imagine that all your FPs are ready to be collected in one go (that is to say, the most FPs you can collect at any one time are ready in front of you), that is the collection limit (i.e. you cannot collect any more FPs than that point).

nice2haveu

Baronet
just wondering:

No limit solution is good. Instead of 10% decrement concept, myself having little rough concept which is clearing the extra forge points more than 10 every day(24h). Next day starts with 10 again, actually expecting to start with zero but base bar with 10 forge point is okay to keep. This approach will force everyone to use in their own city or to others from the extra fps in the same day. Having this concept, Dev's can remove the limit.

Note:
Did not raise this behaviour idea (which I thought long back) due to not get negative vibes or votes or comments from others ;)

6zeva9

Baronet
This has been suggested in the past.
Maybe it would be better if those that where mass collected with Diamonds to get around the Bar limit where to go directly into your inventory
as you would not spend diamonds to collect amounts under 10 FPs, it would be possible for your total to be split by the 2, 5 & 10 FP inventory bundles without losing any.

sardinilla

Farmer
FP bar should be unlimited. The limit has no benefit for anyone. If I can collect 500 FPs in my town, why I have to stop the collection to distribute each 100 FPs?
I agree with the idea of 24 hours to expend the points in the bar that explain nice2haveu

I can't wrap my mind around the importance of raising the limit. Unless I am overlooking something, there are only 2 ways to spend more FPs than you get in return, (1) invest them in your own GBs and (2) invest them in another player's GB in an amount greater than what will be returned when that GB levels. So, whether spending them from the bar or from inventory, the only difference that I can see is convenience. Sure, it would be more convenient to fully collect my city then invest rather than collect 100+, invest, then resume collection but that's what the diamond option is for. I've seen this come up often and understand that it is important for some players but, with all the other stuff that INNO needs to address, increasing the limit seems low priority to me.

CrashBoom

Legend
the points of having a huge bar could give players a huge advantage in the "old" days where you could only spend FP in 10 FP steps
with one exception: spend the whole bar

so after an Arc levelled in the profitable levels (30-70) two players started a race for place 1 in 10 FP steps
but if a player had FP in the bar he donated all at once and started with an advantage

so not being able to collect more than 100 FP prevented players to fill the bar with much more (except the collect all premium feature)

but today it doesn't matter if you have your FP in the bar or take them from inventory when donating
and not using the bar make the player lose the hourly FP. so for me no reason to keep the limit and remove it totally

Emberguard

Emperor
What made Inno restrict this at 100 in the first place is way beyond me.
Most likely reason is simply to encourage players to actually use their Forge Points

lol. How would you display that to make it obvious? (prior to the reduction)

My proposal is to increase the FP Bar collection limit appropriate to a player's daily FP collection. For instance, if a player makes 300 FPs/day, then the FP bar collection limit would rise to 300 (include potential FP chance buildings, but exclude production buildings). For players who make <100FPs/day, keep the limit to 100.
I like the idea, limit based on Max City Production Collection = Forge Point bar limit

However, if you're using city collection as a measure then it'd make more sense to be 100 + Max City Collection. Otherwise even a single Forge Point would put you over the limit making any limit increase self defeating

Programming wise a simpler solution that would also encourage aging up would be to make your technological age increase the bar by a set amount.

CrashBoom

Legend
but what is the max production ?

random FP always asuming highest value ?
Blue Galaxy asuming doubling the 15 (or how many it can double on your level) highest FP productions

what is with double collecting GB ?
I collect my daily production and use 1 FP of it to level my AO to level 131

too complicated

much easier approach:
when you go over the limit (100 FP) you can continue collecting FP for the next 5 minutes (or a different time. can be discussed)
doesn't matter how high
with that you can do your daily collecting with whatever you want (using Galaxy on building you want, double collect GB). even collecting relics or getting Himeji reward don't block your bar if you want to collect a few more buildings after that (in the 5 minutes)

Thunderdome

Emperor
FP bar should be unlimited. The limit has no benefit for anyone. If I can collect 500 FPs in my town, why I have to stop the collection to distribute each 100 FPs?
I agree with the idea of 24 hours to expend the points in the bar that explain nice2haveu
Exactly. I can't be bothered to try and find places to drain my current FP bar while I get so lucky collecting the effects from BG. I level and prime my GBs one at a time (to prevent being sniped or I just wanted to focus on that one building that has priority to me). I could be 2 spots close from leveling it and waiting for the persons to take said spots in a 1.9 thread. Can't really do much, now can I?

This is why there should be no limit in the beginning. I could get it down to 99 and then hit it with a diamond collect all, but I do not know how the BG prioritize the collections when it happens (I had done it manually on the buildings I know might have the chance for double collection) and don't want to have it collect from the wrong building.

but what is the max production ?

random FP always asuming highest value ?
Blue Galaxy asuming doubling the 15 (or how many it can double on your level) highest FP productions

what is with double collecting GB ?
I collect my daily production and use 1 FP of it to level my AO to level 131

too complicated
I’ll repeat: the maximum possible FPs you can collect in one go. So all chance buildings are assumed to produce max FPs in one go. The Blue Galaxy would be taken into account by doubling the first X most FP producing buildings.

However, if you're using city collection as a measure then it'd make more sense to be 100 + Max City Collection. Otherwise even a single Forge Point would put you over the limit making any limit increase self defeating
That is a better idea tbh. Thanks for making that suggestion. :)

Programming wise a simpler solution that would also encourage aging up would be to make your technological age increase the bar by a set amount.
I did think of that at first but it didn’t really appeal to me because that would mean potentially facing the limit when doing a daily collection. My proposal is to just do a daily collection WITHOUT facing the limit.

Furthermore it would be rather difficult to decide a point for that: everyone has different playstyles and I think it’s somewhat unfair to impose these age-restrictive FP limit on different aged players who focus on FPs.

when you go over the limit (100 FP) you can continue collecting FP for the next 5 minutes (or a different time. can be discussed)
That is also a nice idea. I will have a think about it.

This is why there should be no limit in the beginning. I could get it down to 99 and then hit it with a diamond collect all, but I do not know how the BG prioritize the collections when it happens (I had done it manually on the buildings I know might have the chance for double collection) and don't want to have it collect from the wrong building.
I do really understand why the FP limit is a great nuisance and as much as I like it, entirely removing it would also mean that there isn’t much initiative for FP spending. They’d pretty much be the same as in stock for that matter.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I do really understand why the FP limit is a great nuisance and as much as I like it, entirely removing it would also mean that there isn’t much initiative for FP spending. They’d pretty much be the same as in stock for that matter.
If you have a Blue Galaxy (BG) GB and know which buildings that will give you a chance at double FP collection for it, it becomes a pain because you have to dump those points (my BG got lucky to the point I had to empty my FP bar after two to three buildings were manually collected on average) somewhere so you can resume collecting off the remaining collection attempts before hitting that coveted "collect all" button (if below 99 FP on the bar).

I had instances where I am at capacity for developing my GBs (as to prevent sniping) and where there were no fresh 1.9 available on anyone else's, so where am I going to dump the points for the time being? That means I will have to let the buildings sit (and probably off timing them since I made a few manual collections) until something happens.

For others, having a no FP limit could be a godsend because they could be saving up their points for a coveted spot on someone's GB without the need of going back and forth just to add points and losing track (and either adding too much or too little). There were times I had to message folks to see when they will fill for the spot and they told me they were in the middle of "collecting" and "dumping".

Again, if I knew which buildings the BG takes in priority when the "collect all" button is clicked/tapped, I would not care since I know if I have below 99 FP, hitting the "collect all" will give me peace of mind knowing that those buildings will be collected first before all else in that process.

My main city FP collection is 494 not including the impact of a L91 BG. Every day I have to clear the bar a bunch of times. I have never had an instance where I did not have a GB (either mine or another player's) to dump the points on. For me, the simple solution is to have at least 2 of my GBs getting primed for the 1.9 thread. If all else fails, I can dump them into my ARC. There's always an option. Getting my daily collection into my "bank" is not a priority for me. But, that's just me.

@Juber, for the sake of this conversation, it would be great if you could shed some light on the logic behind the 100FP limit. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.