• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Increase the Forge Point Bar collection limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
To improve quality of life: it just makes daily collections more convenient, especially because you have to pause between collecting buildings and it is very annoying to have to dump all your FPs two or three times in GBs just to do your daily collection.
Details
Well, it would work as it does currently, but the FP limit is just increased. I have explained it above.
Balance
I don't think this will have any impact on other game features.
Abuse Prevention
I know the FP Bar collection limit was likely introduced to prevent players from hoarding FPs in their bar, and there will still be the same limit.
Summary
Just an increased FP Bar collection limit. Self-explanatory, I believe.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
I have searched "Forge Point Bar" on this forum, and I did not find anything relating to my proposal in the slightest. Forgive me if you find anything relating to this.
My proposal is to increase the FP Bar collection limit appropriate to a player's daily FP collection. For instance, if a player makes 300 FPs/day, then the FP bar collection limit would rise to 300 +100, so 400.

When possible, assume the maximum possible FPs that can be collected: for random production buildings, assume they will produce FPs, and when a Blue Galaxy is in the city, assume the first X most FP producing buildings to be doubled.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
@Juber, for the sake of this conversation, it would be great if you could shed some light on the logic behind the 100FP limit. Thanks.
Using my amazing guesswork, I can assume that it was just created for a kick up the backside for players who hoarded their FPs. 100 definitely sounds like a nice number, and looking at cities in 2018 for example, I’m sure many advanced players didn’t make so many FPs a day, because most the event buildings were barely 0.25/tile that they wouldn’t really have found the limit annoying.

Now, the way FoE is developing, I am sure this is really a big issue.

Using my amazing guesswork, I can assume that it was just created for a kick up the backside for players who hoarded their FPs. 100 definitely sounds like a nice number, and looking at cities in 2018 for example, I’m sure many advanced players didn’t make so many FPs a day, because most the event buildings were barely 0.25/tile that they wouldn’t really have found the limit annoying.

Now, the way FoE is developing, I am sure this is really a big issue.
You may be right that "power creep" was the reason for the increase but that does not explain the reason for a limit in the first place. Personally, I don't have a strong opinion either way, I'm just curious about the reason for the limit. If a player wants to hoard FPS it's easy enough to move them from the bar to inventory.

nice2haveu

Baronet
The reason for the forge point bar limit is same as Recurring quest limit like I heard somewhere. If it's not, sorry for the confusion.

The reason for the forge point bar limit is same as Recurring quest limit like I heard somewhere. If it's not, sorry for the confusion.
Well, since the recurring quest limit was put in place in 2021 to basically stop Space Age spamming of RQ's, and the fp bar limit was put into place when the game was originally developed, I'd say that no, the reasons aren't the same.

6zeva9

Baronet
The limit was raised at the same time as the way of spending FPs changed. If I remember at that time you could spend no more than 10 FPs in one go and that was normally by using a 10 FP pack from your inventory, while the FPs in the Bar could only be spent 1 at a time. This led to players losing out on spots to other players who had saved packs of FPs.
Also it was around the same time that FPs in Event Buildings increased from 1 or 2 per building. This was when an FP was rated more so than Attacking Boosts.

SlytherinAttack

Baronet
Baking Sudoku Master
If Dev's decided to give unlimited forge point concept, they should allow players to plunder great buildings too. IMO, that will be the fair choice of giving unlimited forge point.

Good luck !

Did you notice the last time that a community-approved suggestion (and I'm not just talking about the beta forum) was implemented by Innogames?
None since the "famous" 2021 sprint!
It’s always worth the shot I reckon. Sooner or later, this issue will cause rebellions as more players progress further.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Good luck !

Did you notice the last time that a community-approved suggestion (and I'm not just talking about the beta forum) was implemented by Innogames?
None since the "famous" 2021 sprint!
Yep, we all know how that went. So many suggestions by players that caused Inno to have developer's block.
Does reversing the debacle with the "Heal All" button count?
Only 1 thing out of how many? You would think there would be more. Oh wait, there was when they put it into the overpriced monthly package that only a few suckers (sorry for you folks that went and bought it) got.
If Dev's decided to give unlimited forge point concept, they should allow players to plunder great buildings too. IMO, that will be the fair choice of giving unlimited forge point.
As if Inno is going to allow this to happen. It'll destroy their game for sure.
It’s always worth the shot I reckon. Sooner or later, this issue will cause rebellions as more players progress further.
With many years down the line... with many years down the line. If not forgotten.

I have to collect from my city 3+ separate times due to collecting from BG puts me over 100 multiple times. My pirates cave could go over 100 just in that one collection, other people may have other chain buildings that could go over 100 instantly. I collect up to 800FP daily, some days I go over 1k with HC/SC bonus.

It's really difficult to get rid of all that FP to keep doing collections, you pretty much have to have an FP sink gb in your city to keep slapping 100FP on. My guilds 1.9 on live is so quick that it's gone in a minute. It gets real difficult when GB are in that sweet spot and can't take 200FP or more, I have to move to another building just to keep collecting on time.

Maybe we wouldn't need this feature if we can designate buildings to benefit from the BG - then we can collect all buildings and not have to do seperate for the BG.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Maybe we wouldn't need this feature if we can designate buildings to benefit from the BG - then we can collect all buildings and not have to do seperate for the BG.
Somehow I'm fancy to this idea. Having a BG is both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because it collects 2x the output (and many of us are gunning for FPs); a curse because with the limit in place we can only collect from 2 or 3 buildings (in my case for the moment) then empty the FP bar before we resume collecting from the other buildings.

It's a chore for me because I have to scour the 1.9 thread to see who I can dump my points onto (since I have an 80 Arc and a good amount in packs) so I can resume collecting from the others before hitting that coveted 5 diamond collect all button (if my points are 99 or below on the FP bar) to collect the rest in my city. If I am priming one of my GBs then I can dump them there without going over (which can be open to sniping).

For me, the "FP sink" is Arc, there's always room for a lot of fps but I understand that this option may not work for everyone.
You’re right, I’m not really a fan of having an “FP sink”. When I do my daily collection on my phone, for example, where I don’t have access to a Foehelper, dumping all my FPs in my GBs leaves me vulnerable to being sniped, which is a major consequence of this limit.

And even if I wasn’t sniped or anything, it’s still annoyingly stressful to have to look at available GBs to dump them in and returning to your own city and do this cycle multiple times. My main reason is just convenience. It’s not practical having to pause doing your daily collection just because of this barrier.

I mean in my main city, I only make some 250~ish FPs which isn’t too bad compared to those who make hundreds more with the limit in place. It’s especially worse when I’ve been doing GBG and I have some 300 FPs to clear before I can collect (probably my own fault on that part but still).

Velvet Thunder

FORUM MODERATOR
Beta Moderator
It is intended that the 100 FP limit remains as it is. The increase in collection limit can be obtained by Forge Plus. Thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.