• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Incorrect info or diamond reward upon e-mail registration

• Thread starter DeletedUser8794
  • Start date

DeletedUser8794

Reproduction Steps:

Test 1:
1. Start playing as guest on mobile app
2. Register an e-mail address
3. Confirm the address by clicking the sent link
4. Receive a +100 diamonds reward instead of +50 diamonds

Test 2:
1. Start playing with an username on browser client
2. Register an e-mail address
3. Confirm the address by clicking the sent link
4. Receive a +50 diamonds reward

Test 3:
1. Start playing with a social network account
2. Complete the "Reveal Yourself" quest
4. Receive a +100 diamonds reward instead of +50 diamonds

Issue Description:
All players start the game with 250 diamonds and can earn more depending on the way they started playing. If they started as guest players in the mobile app, they'll receive +50 diamonds for completing the "Reveal Yourself" quest. In addition to that, they can earn +50 diamonds by registering an e-mail address on their initial steps. The issue is that an additional +50 diamonds are given if they register and confirm their e-mail address in the mobile app.

Other issues showed up in the following tests:

Test 1: Started playing as guest on android with the initial 250 diamonds. Completed "Build 1 Stilt House" quest, receiving +100 diamonds, and spending the same amount, -100 diamonds, building the Longhouse. Still had 250 diamonds. Completed the "Reveal Yourself" quest, receiving +50 diamonds. Total: 300 diamonds. Registered an e-mail address and confirmed it, summing up 400 diamonds.

Test 2: Started playing by registering an username on the browser client with the initial 250 diamonds. Completed "Build 1 Stilt House" quest, receiving +100 diamonds, and spending the same amount, -100 diamonds, building the Longhouse. Still had 250 diamonds. Registered an e-mail address and confirmed it, summing up 300 diamonds.

Test 3: Started playing using a social network account on mobile with the initial 250 diamonds. Completed "Build 1 Stilt House" quest, receiving +100 diamonds, and spending the same amount, -100 diamonds, building the Longhouse. Still had 250 diamonds. Completed the "Reveal Yourself" quest, receiving +50 diamonds, but ended up with 350 total diamonds.

I don't know what is wrong, if the information about the e-mail registrationg should state a 100 diamonds reward, if the e-mail confirmation is giving +50 additional diamonds on mobile or if the total reward for registering and confirmating an e-mail addres should be +50 or + 100 diamonds both on mobile and browser clients.

Misc suggestion: Add an equivalent quest to "Reveal Yourself" to starting players that registered an username on browser client; and an equivalent reward of registering an e-mail address to those that started playing with a social network accont, giving them the same amount of diamonds to start their journey.

Those are the existing unbalanced possibilities:
Guest on mobile = Reveal Yourself Quest + Register E-mail = +150 starting diamonds
Username on browser client = Register E-mail = +50 starting diamonds
Social network account = Reveal Yourself Quest = +100 starting diamonds

Player: Lorenard
World: Dunarsund
Operating System: Fedora 27
Browser Version: Chromium 63.0.3239.108
Viewport Size: 1920x985

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I need to investigate what is the intended behavior, thank you.

DeletedUser8794

Thanks, Zarok!

In addition to the given suggestion and still regarding the balancing of the initial quests, it would be great if an equivalente quest to "Go Mobile!", which is only given to browser players and rewards 50 medals, were also made available to mobile players.

DeletedUser

So I have confirmed that at this time this is the intended behavior. However I did bring up the inconsistency and it may be looked at to improve it overall in the future.
Thank you for the report.

DeletedUser8794

Thanks again, Zarok.

After some bug reports I'm suspecting that "it's an intended behaviour" isn't always the right, but the easy answer from whoever the forum staff consults. The forum moderators and community managers do a great job, but reporting issues seems to be getting more and more sterile as this kind of response is getting usual. I know most of my reports aren't about critical stuff, but even the small things, when accumulated, can represent a disruptive experience to players.

The balancing question can be a matter of choice, but the issue expressed in the first test, in which the game informs a +50 diamonds reward, but gives +100 instead, is clearly a bug. Either with the information displayed or the reward itself.

Please, Zarok, send me the address or at least the p.o. box of the person responsible for this answer, if it isn't asking too much. I'll make sure he/she receives a treat for maintaining this behaviour towards the players community:

bfd8fd5cd03bb5a3f981f0bb5a2eb862.jpg