• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Incorrect damage against balista vs canons

DeletedUser

Hello. I have been playing FOE for some time and i have encountered a possible bug or incorrect combat sistem, i don't know how to put it. I have asked on another local forum, no answer from anyone. In short: i am atatcking with greate swords warriors, damage increased via great building to 34 some ballistas from iron age, defense 3, with no bonuses. After first attack, they remain always with 1 at life. Why? They are supposed to be dead. As a counter example, i am attacking canons, from late middle edge, defense 4 and they die from the first strike almost always. Somewhere seems to be a problem. Both should die (damage 34 vs 3 or 4 defense my logic and math says they should die) or in the worst case because of the game mechanics both should remain with 1 life to increase the chance of the defender to survive.

DeletedUser

it's not a bug

attacker 10 times the value of the defender: damage: 9 - 10
can be a one hit kill

if it is 20 times then it always will be a deadly hit (damage 10-10)

so if the defender has 4 you need 80 to kill him with one hit every time

my logic and math says they should die
without knowing the exact rules to calculate it :rolleyes:

defense 4 and they die from the first strike almost always
not with 34 attack
or it is on the map with infiltrated sectors (health = 9)

Last edited by a moderator: