• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Incident next occurance timer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
When there are no incidents, still as a players not aware of it. Displaying timer when no incidents available to see when next incident available will be more useful and it avoids the disappointment of dragging Alcatraz through entire city or zooming and searching when there are no incidents available.
Details
- incident available timer only expected when there are no incidents available in the city.
- icon or button to mention the incidents and hover on that gives timer tooltip about next incident appearance timez when no incidents present in the city.
- this icon when some incidents available, tooltip gives different message like "there are atleast one or more incidents still active"
- placing next to forgepoint bar in the centre of the screen might help.
Balance
It keeps the balance.
Abuse Prevention
No abuse.
Summary
Incident timer tooltip gives clear picture of when the next incident available and this idea gives clarity for incidents presence in the city too.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Looked and like this not found in my search
Few incidents in the city come and go. There are times, some incidents come after a long time. Having a representation to indicate next incident available time will be more useful.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

nice2haveu

Baronet
As a mobile app player, I like this one.
The helper had such a functionality in the past - it was removed on request from INNO, so likely nothing like that will be implemented.
No helper available for mobile app from beginning and there is no relationship maintain with helper to get the same decision for this idea.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
No helper available for mobile app from beginning and there is no relationship maintain with helper to get the same decision for this idea.
?

If Inno did not like the helper showing that info, why should they implement it themselves?

I also would like or at least not mind such a feature, but what I am telling you is that there is a very close to nil chance that it will get implemented (as they simply do not like the player to have that info)

Incidents are always available for 24 hours?. That should leave enough time to collect them while the game is active, even without knowing in advance when the next one will appear.

joyfulrider

Squire
Incidents are always available for 24 hours?. That should leave enough time to collect them while the game is active, even without knowing in advance when the next one will appear.
Okay, you collect all given 5 incidents at morning 9am and doing some play in GE or GBG for few minutes. After that, you wish to check for any incident hidden near some city buildings, 24hrs you will check them or what you do. How do you know, there no incidents in the city. Also every city building has one timer, do you think it kept unnecessarily since 24hrs collection it will reset again then what's the use of that timer for you.

Idea proposed is clean and it needs to cross the barrier of community members vote first and then only able to reach Dev's decision making factor to take or not. I support this idea since it will be very useful at every game event quests and sometimes on any regular day city work in the game.

It takes about 5 minutes a day to find the incidents. App players have it even easier, just take a building and drive it down the streets, what's the problem?

nice2haveu

Baronet
It takes about 5 minutes a day to find the incidents. App players have it even easier, just take a building and drive it down the streets, what's the problem?
If the idea proposed is delivered, will cause any hurt to your existing game play, will it cause any performance issue, or Is there anything preventing you from using it to reduce your 5minutes of finding each time in a day.

What's the problem of supporting this idea from your side? And claiming for app players having it even easier statement how you brought no clue. I am using mobile and it was never that easy to find the the incident when it was around the buildings. How easily you said like just take the building and drive it down. Is this sounds great to you and proposed idea sound bad? Somehow I feel, earlier discussion of mobile app to have separate forum makes sense. PC users never understand the pain of mobile users even a bit.

joyfulrider

Squire
You still not realize the problem in your behaviour. After 5 minutes effort, if no incidents found means what you will do.

Don't you think, idea proposed will help saving that 5 minutes before attempting that action. Time is precious for many, saving time is mostly need to be appreciated and not to be discouraged.

Also, OP mentioned the point which I like most is, "there are atleast one or more incidents still active". I wanted this idea to be implemented for that reason which gives assurity of clearing all incidents in the city. It's similar to flying Island shards concept or GEx rewards. Dev's already develop this for cultural settlements and GEx, this idea is proposed for city. What's the problem for supporting it?

Last edited:
It's part of the game that you have to look for the incidents, otherwise they could be picked up stacked at the edge of the screen.

SlytherinAttack

Baronet
Baking Sudoku Master
It's part of the game that you have to look for the incidents, otherwise they could be picked up stacked at the edge of the screen.
With proposed idea, still you have to look for the incidents. Idea doesn't mention to collect all incidents. I think you misunderstood the idea proposed.

I dont understand the purpose, they appear every 4 hours?? Just collect your city once or twice per day, no need to constantly search.
I don't know about they appear every 4hours, even if it does idea help the people to know when to do the search. As you mentioned, collect once or twice per day, this idea let you know very clearly to attempt that search when the incidents are available. It's not like, always incidents are very much visible in the city. Few are behind the buildings and many people does drag big buildings randomly on the city area to collect incidents which are not visible easily. Also, this idea will indicate when no incidents available which stops people to do those drag and zoom around the city unnecessarily and indicates next incident appearing time.

The idea doesn't intended for continuous search. It gives you clarity when to do the search for incidents. I don't consider like people are very focused and punctual in collecting the incidents in the game. Let them aware of the incidents availablity when they want to search and collect incidents and if you missed one incident in the city, idea proposed will indicates that too. Hope you understood the idea now.

CrashBoom

Legend
I dont understand the purpose, they appear every 4 hours?? Just collect your city once or twice per day, no need to constantly search.
that is only for shards in settlement :rolleyes:

The idea doesn't intended for continuous search. It gives you clarity when to do the search for incidents.
people with FoeHelper already knows if there is something to search
it shows how many incidents are currently available

this idea would give the information when the next one appears
--> useful for event quests which wants you do collect x incidents

Last edited:

nice2haveu

Baronet
that is only for shards in settlement :rolleyes:

people with FoeHelper already knows if there is something to search
it shows how many incidents are currently avaible

Being a mobile app user, why there are so benefits are missing in mobile and PC users are having lot of benefits. Mostly any idea shared in the forum, need to cross the PC users satisfaction to reach the Dev's. It's kind of feeling like that, since mobile users are not having a functionality which PC users are using daily that too non premium feature. This idea too getting buried with that same context since idea may help very much mobile players, but because of Pc users having "foe-helper", it won't get passed to Dev's and no maximum support too. So idea needs to fulfil PC users very much to get more votes and it may reach Dev's if voting is satisfied. Too bad from Dev's not making the feature atleast common for PC and mobile users. People can tolerate for design and way of approach but feature itself not available means, it's very unfair. Sharing this here won't change anything but one of my favorite mobile app game having this much unbalanced on feature restriction is worst to keep for many years unresolved.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Being a mobile app user, why there are so benefits are missing in mobile and PC users are having lot of benefits. Mostly any idea shared in the forum, need to cross the PC users satisfaction to reach the Dev's. It's kind of feeling like that, since mobile users are not having a functionality which PC users are using daily that too non premium feature. This idea too getting buried with that same context since idea may help very much mobile players, but because of Pc users having "foe-helper", it won't get passed to Dev's and no maximum support too. So idea needs to fulfil PC users very much to get more votes and it may reach Dev's if voting is satisfied. Too bad from Dev's not making the feature atleast common for PC and mobile users. People can tolerate for design and way of approach but feature itself not available means, it's very unfair. Sharing this here won't change anything but one of my favorite mobile app game having this much unbalanced on feature restriction is worst to keep for many years unresolved.
Sure, there are things that are better on desktop - the questionable Ad policy only being one thing - but on the topic of incidents you do need to complain about... mobile app users can just swipe across town with a big building to collect any road incidents, whil desktop users have to reload often or need to click every covered street individually.

Another big benefit that app users have is negotiating - it is way easier and faster to negotiate on mobile than on desktop - even using the helper for negotiation advice in a couple places does not make good on all the time lost for the animations taking way longer on desktop...

nice2haveu

Baronet
Sure, there are things that are better on desktop - the questionable Ad policy only being one thing - but on the topic of incidents you do need to complain about... mobile app users can just swipe across town with a big building to collect any road incidents, whil desktop users have to reload often or need to click every covered street individually.

Another big benefit that app users have is negotiating - it is way easier and faster to negotiate on mobile than on desktop - even using the helper for negotiation advice in a couple places does not make good on all the time lost for the animations taking way longer on desktop...
Picking big building by touch and hold for a second to move along entire city area is quite easy. There's no doubt when compared with PC. But idea proposed is not for how to use it, Idea is to indicate the user to use in the proper time by knowing the incident availability. Whenever some incidents are hidden behind (which is not visible), PC users can get the incident information from Foe-helper since they have trouble knowing incidents getting hidden, but mobile app users, since they can drag a big building easily in the city, they are asked to follow the workaround to swipe every time without knowing incident hidden or not. If PC users want easy approach like mobile, they should suggest some new behavior or idea to overcome the pain. They cannot demotivate the idea which can be very useful on mobile since they are not bothered about that approach in PC. I will feel more better, if mobile also they remove big building swipe and bring one common approach for incident collecting in mobile and PC.

Have no clue, what negotiating benefit you are mentioning on mobile app, as per my understanding it is same as PC. I don't see any difference on negotiation. Please feel free to clarify me on it.

I myself play on PC because I'm allergic to the mobile version, but I understand your point, maybe because I don't like mobile. Perhaps it would be good to subdivide the "New Ideas" section into PC and mobile, exactly for the reasons you described.

So I vote YES. Plus an indicator of where the hell in the city the event is, as they are often obscured by buildings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.