• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected In GBG, make attrition inversely proportional to the % of the map owned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
Reason
to make GBG more dynamic and encourage faster counter-attacks
Details
during GBG, every guild would benefit from lower attrition chances if owning less than 50% of the map, while those who own more than 50% would get more attrition when fighting. Example (values can be discussed and changed):

% of map owned - attrition chance

10% or less, -40% chance of attrition

10%-30%, -20% chance of attrition

30%-50 % - no bonus/malus

50%-70%, +20% chance of attrition

70%-90% or more, +40% chance of attrition
Balance
this would provide better chances for guilds who want to conquer back sectors, while it would make things more difficult for big guilds who sweep the map clean; it would also prevent "checkmate" cooperation (because the 2 guilds would own most of the map and hence get a higher attrition chance)
Abuse Prevention
no abuse I can think of
Summary
I hope GBG can find a new way of balancing attrition and become more dynamic, reducing the distance between big and small guilds
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
It doesn't seem to have been proposed
Set an attrition bonus/malus for all the guild members that is inversely proportional of a determined percentage of map owned by a certain guild.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

.Chris

Baronet
My guess is that that wouldn't do anything.

Stronger guilds would just conquer all of the outer sectors since there is enough SC support to do so. THe middle may be kept unchanged or only as sectors for those who need to burn attrition.

The key to success is the ability to win races - with or without SC support.

Velvet Thunder

FORUM MODERATOR
Beta Moderator
Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately I am not able to forward it as it did not gain the requisite support from the community. Good luck next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.