• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Cannot Reproduce: In battle auto mode - missing results button

• Thread starter DeletedUser1418
  • Start date

DeletedUser1418

I entered a battle and clicked the auto-battle feature. After the game enters auto mode, the red "results" button should appear center top. I have found this in some battles:

no-results-after-auto-possible.jpg

DeletedUser3873

I'm using Chrome and the bug happens often on both this server and on Cirgard.

DeletedUser1418

The error happens on our National server as well. I've filed a support ticket there as well. The problem is simple... you have 150% attack and you attack a player with 400%. You press autobattle, and you wont see a result button. You need to refresh the game or watch for hours how a 150% attacker defeats 400% defence. (The browser become very slow, and may even crash)
Never the less, once the started again you can continue the battle. and finish it by hand or auto.
NOTE: When someone has 700% defence, you need to restart your game 4 TIMES before in ordet to get back to your city.

I believe there is someting serious wrong with defence properties, and the system cant calculate that far ahead - it takes well over 200 shots to defeat 400%... Try attacking me at Beta with 150% to reproduce the error.

DeletedUser1418

@ Liberty, how much % att you have, and how much % def were you attacking?

DeletedUser1418

Any update on this?? On the Dutch server I have to rreboot the game 4 to 5 times to complete autobattles, and it really becomes annoying.

DeletedUser1418

I dont know how you guys cant reproduce this, as i Have to reset my browser up to SEVEN times to complete one battle. The game gets stuck!! Should I make a video of the battle?

DeletedUser1036

A video would be great to be honest, using Fraps of course. You can PM Sovereign, or myself with the link to the video, prefer youtube. We can then see exactly what you mean.

DeletedUser

OR maybe the devs could consider lengthening the auto-battle loop (just a thought).
From what pcsurgeon has eloquently explained it seems clear to me that further calculations/iterations need to be made to cover these ultra-strong units in defence. It doesn't happen to me here, but it is a regular occurrence on my EN worlds against 8 tanks or 8 conscripts.

DeletedUser4040

Is a old bug known.

occurs only when is involving many rounds and the server can not calculate until the end of the fight.

DeletedUser

Happens in certain circumstances:
  • Attacker: 8 Tanks (or other similar PE units but the tank's combo of high defence and relatively low offence works best) with high attack boost (approx 120% or more)
    Defender: 8 Tanks (or another unit with high defence) with high defence boost (400% works, less might as well)
    Start the battle - immediately click auto-battle and the results button won't appear but the battle plays out - I've never sat there through it all and always restarted and clicked to continue the previous battle but when you restart the battle is between 33 and 50% done and you can click auto-battle again and either the same thing happens (and the battle gets closer to being finished) or the battle will complete.
  • Attacker: 8 Imperial Guard with 130% boost
    Defender: 6 Trebuchets, 2 Cannon
    Lots of hills/mountains in the middle of the map.
    This happened to me and only happens with specific terrain but it is possible for the AI to get stuck - the AI will keep taking turns and the defending artillery fire but do zero damage and the attacking heavy infantry advance to the middle of the map and get stuck in the terrain and stay immobile (the AI won't move them around hills/mountains by going to the top or bottom of the map and if moving forwards would move them off a plains tile and into the mountains then they just stay where they were rather than advancing into the mountains).
    Once the AI gets stuck like this you can only refresh or wait for the AI to go through sufficient iterations to stop - even then if you click auto-battle a second time then it will just enter the same infinite loop - you actually have to manually move the heavy infantry so they can go round the hills/mountains and then you can auto-battle.