• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Impossible to fight a battle manually

Phoenix XX

Farmer
Troubleshooting
Reloaded and cleared cache
After today's update, the issue of having to reload the game each time you start a manual battle (or the second wave) seems gone. However, this is as far as you get. The defensive army makes a first move and then everything gets stuck and you can only finish the battle through autobattle.

Browser or App version and version number
WIndows 10 - Chrome Version 89.0.4389.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Recreation steps
In Battlegrounds, start a manual fight
Frequency
Every time
Can this be reproduced?
Every time

Heinrich IV

Merchant
Is there any workaround (other browser, ...)? I am actually on a point in GE which does not allow to go on with auto fights. Also in PvP Arena it is tricky to go on with automatic fights.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Is there any workaround (other browser, ...)? I am actually on a point in GE which does not allow to go on with auto fights. Also in PvP Arena it is tricky to go on with automatic fights.
A simple reload works for me. When you get in you'll have the chance to continue the battle, that works for me.

Edit: misread, have the same issue as well

Last edited:

vidicecilia

Baronet
A simple reload works for me. When you get in you'll have the chance to continue the battle, that works for me.
[/CITA]

Manually?
The problem is when we are in battles where we cannot fight automatically because we lose the battle if we cannot make strategic movements.

Heinrich IV

Merchant
On reload it will result in exactly the same situation the only I can do is to finish the fight in automatic mode but as this is not good enough to get the station it is no option. If it is possible for you to go on with a manual fight please let me know which broser your are using. Or maybe it is working the the APP? Is there anybody who can confirm if it is working with the app?

Heinrich IV

Merchant
I installed the beta APP. With the App it is possible to fight manually. For those having a mobile device this may be a workaround coming further with GE or PvP Arena.

M3rl1n

Farmer
I can't progress any further in Archaeology event due to any battle scenario locking up the game - Stuck on "Gain control of a province or Solve 12 encounters in GE"

MageKnight

Farmer
I've tried my Sinerania account -- thats fine, I've tried different browsers/ updated Windows, lalalala --- it has stalled the game

HultNisse

Farmer
Same problem here:

Browser 1: Windows 10 - Google Chrome Version 89.0.4389.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Browser 2: Windows 10 - Microsoft Edge Version 89.0.774.54 (Official build) (64-bit)
Recreation steps: In Battlegrounds start a manual fight; Tested in Continent map and Event Quest.
Frequency: Every time
Can this be reproduced? Every time
Age: Just moved up to Iron Age and have still not researched any Iron Ages Military buildings
Units: Using Bronze Age and unattached units. Have also tried to use just one Slinger with same result, it hangs.
Troubleshooting: Tried different browsers. It was the fist time I started BETA in Edge, normal I use Chrome.

Other: It is possible to Surrender. I have not tried Auto Battle. If you close the browser and when restart klick "Continue Combat" it will once again do the enemy's first move and then hang.

stutz788

Farmer
I am at the early stages of the Postmodern Era, so I have to battle manually to win.
This problem has me stuck in the Archaeology event quests and today's (20/03) Daily Challenge for a Gem shard as both involve winning battles.

OmegaLee

Steward
I just checked, and it is still broken.
Going to hit total stuck point in Egypt or troop slaughter with auto-battle.
I really depend on manual for the 2nd and 3rd battles. If I can tell it is hopeless, I surrender saving some troops.

Now it won't get fixed to Monday at least with the weekend.

Last edited:

BeeVee

Squire
I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to revert to the previous version of the game.
it wasn't perfect, ok, battles got stuck but at least there was a workaround by refreshing the game.
and it was possible to finish the battle (manually)

Last edited:
The Mobile version works, so I use that to do my manual battles. In the browser version it always stops progressing after the first move. The computer will make the first move if it is supposed to; or I can if I'm supposed to. It then doesn't progress, regardless of who would have the 2nd move. Surrender works at that point, as does auto-battle. Auto battle works from the beginning if that is chosen instead of manual battle.