• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

impeccable timing

DeletedUser1164

hi.

is there such a thing as the right time to advance? you see I've been trying to manage tech research (I do not finish them right away, even if I have enough forge pts), there was this time when I finished researching phalanx and then one of the old oof at the top left corner of the screen presented me with the next r&d challenge (which is to research a tech that opens up a military structure), so you see in a manner of speaking I kind of went on ahead, then I was forced to rush to the next tech that opens up a militia tech (as per required) which happens to be about 3 or 4 techs away.

alternatively, if we are to research the first tech in the next age, would that void our rights to still finish left-over techs from the previous age? now I am in dilemma if I were to advance to the next era/age, do I still get to compete with my current era's PvP tourney?:confused:

DeletedUser929

advance when you want, you can go back and research previous techs as you wish.

the age your in has no bearing on your tournement, the points will go to the tower of the highest age troop you have on the battle field.

DeletedUser1164

hey sorry, I just want to clarify once and for all. so correct me if I am wrong, the rule of thumb is, regardless which age you are in, the tower of your (attacking) highest age troop will benefit from the PvP points provided the tournament has already commenced by the time of your attack? what if I have already reached, let's say, the iron age, but I have no iron troops yet and I attacked with bronze troops in the bronze tower, where do the points go?
when does one formally advance to the next age? is it when you start researching the first tech of the next age or when you finish it?

DeletedUser929

they go to the bronze tower. your age has nothing to do with it, you can be in the LMA and still compete in the bronze age tower as long as you use only bronze age troops. By adding 1 troop from a higher age the points will goto that troops relevant tower.
As long as you have that tower unlocked on the campaign map.

You advance as soon as you unlock the first tech of the new age.

DeletedUser1164

excellent, that'd put my mind @ ease. been rummaging the forums for clues but can't seem to find any. this definitely satisfied my qualms. thanks a ton.:D

DeletedUser

I`ve found an issue with advancing and gaining the next tech.. 1 if you advance too quickly -your in a world of your own , as peeps will not attack you , as they know your defences are too strong, i have completed all the towers and i can compete with any age troops , problem you might face then is, to be either a stronger player or remain in the iron age troop sector , issues then arrise with peeps stealing your goods if you advance with houses and goods buildings , how do you protect a middle age building with a slinger?