• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Identifying plunder protection on special buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Reason
It would be helpful in following ways,
- when a new event buildings brought to the game, identification mark helps to make the players understand very clear it can be plundered or not.
- players having lots of buildings and viewing popup of each building gives a thought process to go safer or stronger with the suggested mark in their city construction.
- It may avoid confusion with motivation and protection.
- By displaying it in the building popup screen, users might get tempted to fetch more building if it is their preferred choice.
Details
Just an identification on the special buildings (hover) popup screen to indicate the plunder protection applied or not. Added the picture above for better understanding.
Expecting it to be displayed with category of protection,
1) 100% protection
2) On Demand Protection (from Motivation or Galata Tower Great Building)
3) City Shield Protection
Balance
It will keep the balance.
Abuse Prevention
No abuse.
Summary
More and more new buildings entering into game every month, it will be helpful to display this in the buildings (hover) popup screen.

Also, when game developers are very much free to have some new change, they can consider this too.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
not found
Visual Aids
Attached images above!!
Some special buildings cannot be plundered and some can be plundered. Some special buildings cannot be plundered without doing motivation action. Currently buildings popup screen does not display the protection status or information to the game players.

Having an identification mark in the building "details" popup screen would be helpful hint for all level of players whenever new building enters into the game to build in their city.

Only city owners able to see this helpful hint in their own city special buildings.

building_details_mark_popup.png

Plunder_protect_icon.png

Last edited:
This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.
Special doesn't automatically stop it from being plundered. If it did then Sets, Chain Links and Special Productions wouldn't be plunderable when they are
they are not special, they are events (like train)
and honor statue is special - from GB
If it was so obvious it wouldn't come up so often where people ask how they can plunder and what the rules for that are
If they were not so lazy, and search for info but nowadays they want have everything in front of them
This info will change nothing, waste of server usage

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
they are not special
You need to check the wiki page properly (not the fandom page).
Buildings->Special buildings-> all events buildings will be there from the link provided.
If they were not so lazy, and search for info
You are normalizing this statement very easily like going out of the game is very much of good choice, but it is not a good choice was the point of discussion. Why you are not thinking smart to get the details inside the game and not lazy to go always outside of the game to gather some information.

Some people play this game when they had free time, and asking them to search for something in wiki is good but not a better choice to do it always.
they want have everything in front of them
Why aid all implemented, all players are lazy enough to go one by one like they take it for granted after a many years of suggestion from all forums. Being lazy is not a crime or mistake, people might be busy in real life responsibilities like work duty or taking care of family.

Giving everything in front of them is 100% most valid suggestion by considering people time playing the game.
Special building got from the events are able to be reach us after some time through AD or other events. Giving the protection information would be an added advantage to spend the auction coins or not. Also, self aid kits if any players wish to use, they can pick the building easily with this suggestion.

Players who wish to concentrate on diamond farming, this information help very much. Players who wish to increase attack and defense power by replacing some events special building, they can pick the "on Demand protection" information suggested by OP to replace with no or less protection building.

This idea has a good usage!!

Emberguard

Emperor
they are not special, they are events (like train)
and honor statue is special - from GB
Ok. Fine. Point still stands that automatic immunity from plunder without Aid is not the same thing as being a Special building. If it was then you wouldn't be able to plunder a Terrace Farm and the Settlement Buildings would have different mechanics from what they currently use

joyfulrider

Squire
If they were not so lazy, and search for info but nowadays they want have everything in front of them
I installed the game to play for some relaxation to deviate from work pressure.

I cannot depend on requesting guildmate (wait time till getting response) or check in the wiki always to know something. I am not willing to spend time like treasure hunt to get the information.

Time is precious!!

If this idea implemented, you no need to look on that information as you wish. It is not mandatory like you should perform based on that information all the time. It's still player choice only how they want to decide on each buildings.

ArklurBeta

Baronet

You seriously think providing an extra information for the player, whether a building is plunderable or not, would affect the servers? Not saying it's 0, but nothing noticeable, it's a tiny bit of information...

CrashBoom

Legend
correct
settlement buildings are not immune against plundering

"Can be plundered when not motivated"

for example

and technically ALL buildings that aren't be researched (and not be GB, townhall) are special buildings (also event buildings)
those can also be finished with the new items "finish one/all special production" which was introduced in Forge Bowl

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
well tarrace are production - can be ploundered always

settlement buildings - are special buildings... therefore cant be ploundered
Suggested idea may remove lot of misunderstanding about the buildings plundering details from your side.

Also if people understood or assume something wrong from wiki, this idea can clear that confusion regarding protection against plundering.

correct
settlement buildings are not immune against plundering

"Can be plundered when not motivated"

for example

and technically ALL buildings that aren't be researched (and not be GB, townhall) are special buildings (also event buildings)
those can also be finished with the new items "finish one/all special production" which was introduced in Forge Bowl
my bad than, never ever thought about plounder such building (and they are kind of motivated in first turn (i guess)
anyway,
simple question. Why do you need info that YOUR building cant be stolen. How will it help you?
you will left production not collected?
you will try to learn that in hour city this building is save so you cannot plounder in other city> xD
You know when you attach there is this big strt showing which you can plounder.

This info is totally usless. Seeking for info if builidng is secure or not is also totally usless.... you can do nothing about ploundering, you can only keep an eye on the clock....

CrashBoom

Legend
you can do nothing about ploundering,
actually you can: don't have buildings that can be plundered

you can only keep an eye on the clock....
then you don't need a clock

Seeking for info if builidng is secure or not is also totally usless
for you

but for at least 10 people (current result of voting) it is not useless
(but the real amount number is higher because for everyone who voted against it you need to add one to that number)

Emberguard

Emperor
simple question. Why do you need info that YOUR building cant be stolen. How will it help you?
You can't strategise if you don't have the information on what something does.

Example: The Harvest Barn set. Some of those pieces can be plundered, some are immune to plunder. Same set. If you know what the indicator for plunder immunity is you can start by eliminating all pieces that are plunderable. Then only add back pieces as required for your custom layout for the bonuses

Those that don't know what to look for are relying either on luck that they picked the immune pieces, or on someone they know handing them the information

Example: The Harvest Barn set. Some of those pieces can be plundered, some are immune to plunder. Same set. If you know what the indicator for plunder immunity is you can start by eliminating all pieces that are plunderable. Then only add back pieces as required for your custom layout for the bonuses
if you are builing city depending of the "ploundering" factor then XD for you

i know many will say you can play this game in many ways, but in fact you can not. There is big difference between playing the game correctly and pretending to play - just fooling around.

you place those building which are Effective for Research points and attack/def for attacking army. The only proper way to play this game at 110%

rest are just weird things done not for the mastering the game but for just fun - which is not bad or should be changed. Those players just should not be taken into serious consideration

CrashBoom

Legend
rest are just weird things done not for the mastering the game but for just fun - which is not bad or should be changed. Those players just should not be taken into serious consideration
why do you discriminate other players :rolleyes:

all players should be considered equally
it doesn't matter if they only play for fun

and the majority of the voters is for this idea :rolleyes:

Emberguard

Emperor
you place those building which are Effective for Research points and attack/def for attacking army. The only proper way to play this game at 110%
I already do that. But there's also no benefit in keeping the mechanic hidden unless the aim is for it to never be used. The players that would actually benefit from the mechanic are also the players that are least likely to work out what the mechanic is

Wouldn't mastering the game involve mastering all aspects? Not just one specific path?

Wouldn't mastering the game involve mastering all aspects? Not just one specific path?
knowing every aspects - yes
deciding which way to follow - yes

The players that would actually benefit from the mechanic are also the players that are least likely to work out what the mechanic is
tell my one exemple how you will benefit form it
it is really just so irrelewant info. You want produce not to be ploundered? Collect with timer, this knowledge will not change anything.
You collect resources once every 24h, you can not do anything else about those buildings. why even bother which are able to be ploundered?
I count every budling as possible to get robbed

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
it is really just so irrelewant info. You want produce not to be ploundered? Collect with timer, this knowledge will not change anything.
You collect resources once every 24h, you can not do anything else about those buildings. why even bother which are able to be ploundered?
I count every budling as possible to get robbed
Please give me the plundering information for "Golden crops" building, Is it a special building in the wiki (do not refer fandom)? In official wiki it is not listed under special building, but it is a special building. You can ask like why I needed that information. I need that information because I am planning to replace buildings with new special buildings got from the events to keep safe my city or strengthening the city as per my wish. Why should I rely on wiki, when game itself gives that information.

For players who just started the game by today just for example, they cannot know all the previous special buildings details. Game is not only for existing players, new players also should get into the track of building their city strong or safe. From the idea suggested, they will get clear picture of any previous or new buildings which they come across in the future events.

So called irrelevant information from your side, I will have to ask like "why FoE team didn't add this information which is very much relevant".

CrashBoom

Legend
knowing every aspects - yes
and the game should give the informations without forcing the player to check external sites like the wiki

why even bother which are able to be ploundered?
why do you bother about the things other players bother about ?

you are against it. we got that

Collect with timer,
for 99% of the players it is impossible to collect every day in time

if you can do it 365 days a year: then congrats

so you decide what the proper way to play the game is ?

for me every way to play the game which let the player have fun is the proper way to play

and where did you get the 110%? don't you know that you can reach 120% o_O
(my city is only at 100% but I would need 273k more happiness for the extra 20%. that is too much)

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
  • New world = heightened amount of plundering.
  • Not getting enough Aid = once you reach your limit on consistent Aid, anything immune to plunder would be better than adding something that requires more Aid
    • The most recent trend for Event Buildings is 1x1 and 2x2 child buildings that require Aid to produce.....
  • Recurring Quests = stretched out collection
  • New Player = an opponent that doesn't know what they're doing yet.
    • There's nothing wrong with setting them up for success by providing them access to information.

so you decide what the proper way to play the game is ?
Yes,
the creatoers decided it and top players encoded it. Accept it, this game has only few wayt to play it to achieve succes
and many other ways to just play w/o chances to have big succes or just slowing it down.
Collecting all Great Buildings? waste of space but is posible - slowing down but as a factor of being the best - usless
and many other examples.
Not getting enough Aid = once you reach your limit on consistent Aid, anything immune to plunder would be better than adding something that requires more Aid
wat? xD 140 friends and 80 gulid memeber and lack of aid? xD change city buldings then. When they are not motivated they dont give full bonus - thats the problem, not the fact that it can be ploundered...
Recurring Quests = stretched out collection
Stupid to do it, the collection stretch to max 5 minutes, i have been doing it - waste of time, better are just paying Reasearch Points.
There's nothing wrong with setting them up for success by providing them access to information.
Ploundering is usless, those one bulding that somebody can stole from you is nothing in compare to everyday collection. Even on the new world (which i have been playing when one on polish server started.

Status
Not open for further replies.