• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Identifying plunder protection on special buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Reason
It would be helpful in following ways,
- when a new event buildings brought to the game, identification mark helps to make the players understand very clear it can be plundered or not.
- players having lots of buildings and viewing popup of each building gives a thought process to go safer or stronger with the suggested mark in their city construction.
- It may avoid confusion with motivation and protection.
- By displaying it in the building popup screen, users might get tempted to fetch more building if it is their preferred choice.
Details
Just an identification on the special buildings (hover) popup screen to indicate the plunder protection applied or not. Added the picture above for better understanding.
Expecting it to be displayed with category of protection,
1) 100% protection
2) On Demand Protection (from Motivation or Galata Tower Great Building)
3) City Shield Protection
Balance
It will keep the balance.
Abuse Prevention
No abuse.
Summary
More and more new buildings entering into game every month, it will be helpful to display this in the buildings (hover) popup screen.

Also, when game developers are very much free to have some new change, they can consider this too.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
not found
Visual Aids
Attached images above!!
Some special buildings cannot be plundered and some can be plundered. Some special buildings cannot be plundered without doing motivation action. Currently buildings popup screen does not display the protection status or information to the game players.

Having an identification mark in the building "details" popup screen would be helpful hint for all level of players whenever new building enters into the game to build in their city.

Only city owners able to see this helpful hint in their own city special buildings.

building_details_mark_popup.png

Plunder_protect_icon.png

Last edited:
This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

Kronan

Viceroy
Interesting idea - I generally like it but.. there are 2 sides to every story.

Today, you can kinda determine when you look at a city, if there is anything of potential value to plunder (realized or even unrealized).

Are you saying that you're asking (proposing...) to present this plunder/no-plunder building status to anyone if they hover on buildings in a target city, so as to help them decide whether to attack the person or not?

I'm not clear about how it's presented. If presented BEFOREHAND, it could influence the attacker to not try, because it's clear that there is (might be) nothing of value to plunder.

It's similar to what some aftermarket car anti-theft companies used as a marketing idea around their product idea.

If a row of cars is visually checked first by thieves, and if they see a car with a non-removable (locked) steel rod attached from the brake pedal to the steering wheel, that car becomes "too much work", so the thieves move on to other easy cars (low hanging fruit), that takes no time to break into, and drive off.

car lock.jpg

It was a retail product strategy to stop car theft, that had success against all but seriously professional auto thieves.

If your idea is like that - well - OK. Let's discuss if we are changing the calculus of PvP.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
I'm not clear about how it's presented. If presented BEFOREHAND, it could influence the attacker to not try, because it's clear that there is (might be) nothing of value to plunder.
The popup in the screenshot they showed is never shown to a plunderer. It's only ever shown to the Owner of a city. So my assumption was it'd only show for your own city for the purpose of knowing what needs protection, not everyone elses

CrashBoom

Legend
can I have a tooltip in opponents city that shows what I would get when plundering for each building

Reason: It would be helpful in following ways,
- when a new event buildings brought to the game: you know what you get when plundering it.
- players having lots of buildings and viewing popup of each building gives a thought process to go for the best plunder loot
- It may avoid confusion with what you get when plundering it
- By displaying it in the building popup screen, users might plunder it more often in different opponents cities if it is their preferred choice of building to plunder.

Kronan

Viceroy
The popup in the screenshot they showed is never shown to a plunderer. It's only ever shown to the Owner of a city. So my assumption was it'd only show for your own city for the purpose of knowing what needs protection, not everyone elses

OK, yes - thanks E. I'm trying to get the OP to clear up any fine "assumptions" and ground this idea with explicit details like that :) :) ;) ;)

nice2haveu

Baronet
can I have a tooltip in opponents city that shows what I would get when plundering for each building

- when a new event buildings brought to the game: you know what you get when plundering it.
- players having lots of buildings and viewing popup of each building gives a thought process to go for the best plunder loot
- By displaying it in the building popup screen, users might plunder it more often in different opponents cities if it is their preferred choice of building to plunder.
Nice twist, but you have to make a new proposal. The idea myself suggested here is to protect only.

Kronan

Viceroy
@nice2haveu

Thanks - and I would humbly suggest you clearly call out (edit) in your ORIGINAL proposal that ONLY the city owner can see this, for his/her own city. Attackers or viewing public of any non-owned city is not privy to this information. :)

-Alin-

Emperor

InnoGames are against this and I am 100% sure, FoE Helper used to have this implemented but it was removed fast from the extension, it was fun to see though what You could obtain from hoodies terraces farms back then, 3 years ago. :))

nice2haveu

Baronet
@nice2haveu

Thanks - and I would humbly suggest you clearly call out (edit) in your ORIGINAL proposal that ONLY the city owner can see this, for his/her own city. Attackers or viewing public of any non-owned city is not privy to this information. :)
Added the line. I was not aware that plunderers can view opponents special building details popup screen, till now myself never attempted to see it. Is it possible or not also, I don't know.

Created idea is for city owners to get the special buildings protection information in thier city which is only available for them to see and understand.

Well you mean you want the motivation star? xD
cuz this is the only factor deciding if the building is able to be stolen or no.

Production building = always
events = if not motivated (not always the produce all after motivation, some buildings produce all bonus w/o motivation)
Goods building - always
army - never

simply as that

Emberguard

Emperor
Well you mean you want the motivation star? xD
cuz this is the only factor deciding if the building is able to be stolen or no.
No.

We've also seen:

Random Production buildings = immune to plunder, and unable to be Aided
"All Ages" (auto Age up) = immune to plunder, and unable to be Aided
Guild Battlegrounds buildings = Immune to plunder, and unable to be Aided

A no plunder icon would make it easier for players (especially newer ones) to know what it is they're looking at.

The interface for newer buildings at least have a Motivation star which gives some hint, but it's inconsistent as it's not applied to every building that uses If Motivated yet.

It also doesn't inform you on whether or not the building can be plundered for those that produce without Aid (ie, Chain Links and Sets).

The criteria of what's automatically plunderproof has gradually changed over time. "Random production" used to mean a completely random and unknown production. Random Production is no longer exclusive to that with the introduction of buildings such as the Druid Temple. As such it's possible for it to continue to evolve as new mechanics and buildings get introduced

We also know whenever we think we know what the rule is something comes along that initially looks like an exception to the rule, only to end up redefining the rule with subsequent buildings following the new standard. Gentiana Windmill is a random production building that can be plundered and motivated. Yet Pirate's Hideout which is the exact same mechanics doesn't need Aid and is immune to plunder.

I as a veteran player have an pretty good idea on what's immune and what isn't. Not everyone will be asking every time an event comes round on what is or isn't plunderproof. A lot of players don't read the forums to get that information. If you're not used to using the Wiki it can be difficult to find that sort of info

Oh yea i forgot the type "special" which are OBVIOUS that are unable to be ploundered....

Knowing which is which is basics of the game which players must understand.
I as a veteran player have an pretty good idea on what's immune and what isn't. Not everyone will be asking every time an event comes round on what is or isn't plunderproof
Hard for them to go to wiki and check? They need to have everything right in front of them?
I was learning this game asking guild members and checking wiki. This is how the game should be learned. Basic mechanics are explained.

And this 4 types (i wrote 3, you added 1) are so easly to divide....

Oh yea i forgot the type "special" which are OBVIOUS that are unable to be ploundered....

Knowing which is which is basics of the game which players must understand.

Hard for them to go to wiki and check? They need to have everything right in front of them?
I was learning this game asking guild members and checking wiki. This is how the game should be learned. Basic mechanics are explained.

And this 4 types (i wrote 3, you added 1) are so easly to divide....
Care to ask, why attack and defense power need to display, why forge points need to be displayed, why coins, supplies, happiness need to be displayed. First why tooltip need to be displayed on hover. It's easy to check everything in the wiki. Why forum account created and discussing here.

It is a suggestion to have some improvement which stops players deviate outside of the game for regular game play.

Care to ask, why attack and defense power need to display, why forge points need to be displayed, why coins, supplies, happiness need to be displayed. First why tooltip need to be displayed on hover. It's easy to check everything in the wiki. Why forum account created and discussing here.
i was 100% sure someone will write something like this xD
You need to balance given info with the info that is need to be found by players.

And secondly, such information is usless. What will it change that i know which building can be ploundered? Nothing. THe best defense is keep and eye on timer. If no - those goods will be stolen nevertheless.
With automotivation is is impossible to not have everything motivated.

I mean just why such information? It will not be helpfull in any way.

Emberguard

Emperor

Yes. Basic mechanics should be explained: in the game. A symbol would explain this basic mechanic that isn't clear at all unless you were there for the release of each building. There is zero indication in the game of what constitutes a plunderable building. If you weren't there when the building was released you have no way of accessing that info without either relying on others to relay that info to you or coming to your own conclusion (something that often ends up with inaccuracies due to assumptions being made). And not everyone is able to navigate the Wiki to find what they need

It's not obvious at all for one simple reason: "Special" can still be plundered. Special doesn't automatically stop it from being plundered. If it did then Sets, Chain Links and Special Productions wouldn't be plunderable when they are

If it was so obvious it wouldn't come up so often where people ask how they can plunder and what the rules for that are

Status
Not open for further replies.