• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

I'd like to know.....

DeletedUser

Dear Devs,

Could someone in the know answer a couple of questions please I'd like to know.....

I've been running quite a few tests sending armies against my fellow players (purely for testing purposes nothing malicious) and I know for now the defenders don't lose any troops in the game even if they are wiped out on the battle map (which is good for now 'cos don't want to go upsetting anyone yet) and the attacker gains some points for the win.
I suspect but would like clarification that in future builds if a defending army is wiped out by the attacker that those troops lost will actually be lost and need to be rebuilt by the defender, otherwise it seems rather pointless having a box for a defending army at all....especially as for now most players seem to leave it empty as the majority of fights take place against the "2 spear men" which I believe is a basic city defence force thrown up by the city so a battle can actually take place.

I've yet to be certain if a successful defence also earns points in the relevant PvP tower but I assume it does...?

What are the later plans are for the attacking of fellow players with regards to winning an attack, will the winning attacker be able to loot some coin / supplies or goods from the enemy city?

If so will this be dependant on what era they are currently in or coin / supplies or goods are in the city or will it be something along the lines of xxx coin, xxx supplies and a random goods produced in the city? Perhaps reduced if a High Middle Age player attacks an Iron Age one?

For now all the successful attacker will get are some (as low as 19) points for a successful attack, depending on the city defenders army and if it is going to remain so then the point of actually attacking or defending a city is taken away as the rewards don't match the efforts.

Thanks for any answers.

DeletedUser

First, i'm spanish so sorry if you dont understand me well!!xDD

Somedays ago i did de same, attack some players, anything else for testing new units!xDD and i though the same. Now it rival don't want you can't attack him, you can attack but like say speedy he don't loose units. I don't know if it is going to be only in pre-beta game or always.
If it will be always, i think that the game loose a bit, because it's going to be more a construction game that a war game.
i think that a good method is that if you don't put defences or retired then, that you loose resources or loose buildings with catapults like TW or something like that
Other thing, the defence is automatic always?? i want to say, if you are disconnect is logic, but you can defence yourself when you are "ON"??

DeletedUser

Other thing, the defence is automatic always?? i want to say, if you are disconnect is logic, but you can defence yourself when you are "ON"??
Because the attacks are instant i believe that would be extremely hard for the server to cope with? Plus the attacker may have to wait, like me players can login and 'wander off' leaving their games on meaning that nobody is controlling it and the attacker would be stuck there

DeletedUser16

HeftySmurf said:
players can login and 'wander off' leaving their games on meaning that nobody is controlling it and the attacker would be stuck there
There is a simple workaround for this. Time limited rounds. Let's say 30 second per move. If you don't manage to perform an action (walk, attack or sth) within 30 seconds, round is lost and the opponent can proceed.

DeletedUser3

Live PvPs is "planned" for later, but this will take some time before we could start implementing something like that, there is still a lot of other features that need focus.

DeletedUser

There is a simple workaround for this. Time limited rounds. Let's say 30 second per move. If you don't manage to perform an action (walk, attack or sth) within 30 seconds, round is lost and the opponent can proceed.

So your saying a player can be attacked without being there so literally his troops never move and he does not notice until he returns and he has lost all his troops? as well as making flash work more could cause pc problems and connection problems?

DeletedUser16

Perhaps pvp 'real' fights (what we have now are not real fights, because they don't cause any real damages nor loses) should be only for players who declare that they wan't to join 'fight club'? So there would be additional ranking for pvp 'real fights league'? And they could meet to fight on the same way they now can meet to play chess in browser.

DeletedUser

I think the fighting will be linked to the PvP towers we unlock as we open the map.

Presently though it is highly unbalanced...attacking a sector in a province can yield around 3000+ points, whereas attacking a human opponent can yield a meagre 48 points, winning 10 fights will yield a paltry 500 points approx (if only standard 2 spear men are the defence). Therefore once someone has unlocked the map provinces if they wish to fight for the title "champion of the week / month" they are currently at an extreme disadvantage to someone who has just started the province map. The latter need only capture 5 sectors in a region to reach an unassailable lead over the player who has already cleared the map. They would need to fight and win everyone in the neighbourhood several times (every 24 hours) just to stand any chance of even getting in the top 10 of the PvP list and as players evolve at different rates of activity it's often not worth fighting someone in the Bronze at at all.

This is why I think the defensive army will become a must and the reward for successful attacks against them will be implemented (needed)

From what I've tested so far I don't think that currently the defender gets points at all for successfully repelling an attack, (I really think a successful city defence should earn double PvP points) however the attacker does.....all dependant on what forces the defender has in the defensive troop menu of course, the better the troops the higher the points won.

As I asked above there doesn't seem much point in having a defensive troop box if it isn't going to be used and an important part of the games development.

I'm all for the opt in to PvP or opt out but this would also mean that the continent map (PvP Tower) would have to be made into a separate league table, which I can't see happening as the first person to open the area would automatically be crowned champion for the week / fortnight / month and all others who followed would have advanced to the next era (or at least troop types) before the lead changed. Attacking players would allow for a chance to change the lead and bring more competition to the tower. Only those who log in infrequently would still be fighting in the Bronze Age after a couple of weeks.

Real fights perhaps in a "cup game or mini league might be fun too something maybe the devs have planned for us at some date. Guess we'll have to wait and see what the new version (release due Monday I believe) has in store for us.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

at one point i had racked up over 100 fights when most ppl only had 10ish under there belt, but since most of mine were pvp against 2 spear i was pretty much at the bottom of the pool lol.

DeletedUser4

at one point i had racked up over 100 fights when most ppl only had 10ish under there belt, but since most of mine were pvp against 2 spear i was pretty much at the bottom of the pool lol.

Yes I see your point. However I do think that one should be awarded more points for a challenging victory rather then frequent "easy" battles. None the less activity should be rewarded. Maybe a special bonus could be set into place for winning 10 fights in a row.

DeletedUser

Those with 10 wins only were more likely than not from fighting a province's army which awards around 2000 points for winning, rather than attacking other players towns, where as Zarek says and I have also found out most of the time you face an army of the generic 2 spear men worth about 48 points, so therefore anyone having fought through the provinces in a quest / era is at a huge disadvantage (no AI army to fight) to someone in the same era who has started attacking the provinces a day or two afterwards or after the reset of the champion.

Perhaps a future idea would be the chance to fight several random invading army perhaps as a reward for several successful attacks against players....a band of mercenaries could turn up in your own lands giving the chance for point bonus for the more active / aggressive players.