• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

I like my habits

dpghost

Steward
I play FoE for more than 2 years and I like it.
I do have a real life too, so part of the day I am at work or doing all kind of RL stuff.
But I have that special hour in the evening when I tend to my city, collect the city proceedings, level GB's.
Now, it takes time to do all that has to be done in my city, so every day I slip a bit - not much - 2-3 minutes
But in a month's time, my evening hour becomes night hour or even late night hour, and I start wondering, maybe I should just let a day skip and write of one collect.
It's hard, at least for me, to accept that I can't win them all, and have to lose a day, so I end up playing at midnight and mess my sleep hours.
Maybe we can do something - shorten the 24 hours productions to 23:58 or the 8 hours to 7:58 or something...
I would like to be able to sit in front of my computer every day at the same time and tend to my city, not slowly slip to midnight
How about it INNO developers?

Miepie

Baronet
Everybody has this problem. Best way to deal with it is to just accept it. I've played a bit longer and there was a time I would prospone my bedtime to harvest my city. But not anymore. The game is much more fun when you only play when you want. So my advise, just go to sleep. Don't let inno dictate your bedtime, it's only pixels, no real loss if you skip a day.

Emberguard

Emperor
Lessening the 8 hr one makes no sense. You already have plenty of leeway of put a 8 hr in the morning and 8 hr at night to reset production buildings

24 hr buildings and productions in general, now that's something I can get behind having upto a 5 min window for collection and resetting.

just an idea. how about either of these:

- make an autocollect feature, but with a tax of 10% of what's collected (for fp this is 1 fp per building at least, unless they only give 1 fp)
- make an autocollect feature that costs 5-10 dia per time it gets fired

either way, both events should be logged in your history, otherwise you will not know where your resources or dias went to :)

NormaJeane

Viceroy
My comment as a player:
Depending on my IRL obligations I skip collecting my 24-hour productions (GB's and special buildings) every 1, 2 or minimum 3 weeks...
Indeed it would be nice if something could be done about that, I - just as many other FoE-players - would love it :)
In other games the collecting time is set to 23 hrs. That may be an option.
Another option could be to introduce a special kit with which one can reduce the 24-hour collection time of GB's and special buildings for let's say:
30 minutes?
And winning the kit could be:
- in doing daily challenges;
- a new reward in GE;
- ... anyone else having ideas?

Emberguard

Emperor
just an idea. how about either of these:

- make an autocollect feature, but with a tax of 10% of what's collected (for fp this is 1 fp per building at least, unless they only give 1 fp)
- make an autocollect feature that costs 5-10 dia per time it gets fired

either way, both events should be logged in your history, otherwise you will not know where your resources or dias went to :)
Already exists for 5 diamonds on desktop to some extent. Doesn't do it for you without logging on, but collects everything at once and resets productions in a single clock

DeletedUser8859

Along with auto collect, can we get auto plunder too then?

Only if the AI to control the Attack Army be smarter than the AI used for Defense Army. Use the same priority list used for Aid to select next plunderable building available.

Last edited by a moderator:

dpghost

Steward
Ok, let's say that anything less than 24 hours can be dealt with, but the 24 hours (including the one-second lag) is annoying
You want the feature to be a prize in Daily, or Tavern - why not
You want to dedicate for this task one GB... not really, maybe as a secondary feature
I don't know, I guess, I was dreaming of a more player oriented thinking in developers
Somehow I believe that the game should not encourage skipping sleep or any other unhealthy behavior, it's a game, not the reason I should land in a hospital

DeletedUser9410

I also find myself in the same boat.i used to get up very early or go sleep very late, and this does affect your health etc
Its not worth it, i just skip a day, if im in a very aggressive and plunderer filled hood i put a shield up and then restart my collections when it suits me.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
My comment as a player:
Depending on my IRL obligations I skip collecting my 24-hour productions (GB's and special buildings) every 1, 2 or minimum 3 weeks...
Indeed it would be nice if something could be done about that, I - just as many other FoE-players - would love it :)
In other games the collecting time is set to 23 hrs. That may be an option.
Another option could be to introduce a special kit with which one can reduce the 24-hour collection time of GB's and special buildings for let's say:
30 minutes?
And winning the kit could be:
- in doing daily challenges;
- a new reward in GE;
- ... anyone else having ideas?

23 hours as a default isn't great for this game imo - elvenar where it is a thing doesn't have plundering as a feature. In the phase of the game where you worry about plunder that would mean instead your on-time collection creeps earlier and earlier and in general your plunderers will eventually have a whole hour to plunder you before you're able to get on for your routine collection. One of the pieces of advice given to players having trouble with plunder usually is to use 24 hour cycles at a time they can always be on.

I like the idea of a GB that reduces collection time - at low levels it could be simply combatting the slip-later. But at high levels it could perhaps be creating a theoretical increase in efficiency while potentially exposing the player to more difficult scheduling by choice.

I even more like the idea of 'everything rush' items with durations from 5 minutes to an hour available in events and/or GE. Maybe as a booby prize in daily challenge. Similar to self-aid kits I wouldn't mind having those around - where coin rushes I never use and supply rushes only rarely when i'm being impatient with an event and remember they exist.

dpghost

Steward
Yes, I never thought it in terms of plunder, so maybe my original idea, to have a 3-5 minute of grace BEFORE the accrued time, just to compensate the slow slip forward would work better.
Definitely not 23 hours - and definitely not an automated thing

Emberguard

Emperor
If your worry for a 23 hr production clock is plunderers then it's very simple - either change the plunderers clock to 23 hrs as well -OR- keep the 24 hr for plundering but allow a reset if they wish to do so at 23 hrs

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
If your worry is plunderers then it's very simple - either change the plunderers clock to 23 hrs as well -OR- keep the 24 hr for plundering but allow a reset if they wish to do so at 23 hrs

Doesn't affect the issue. The point is: you wake up at 7am say. eventually your collection works back to 7am. upon collecting at 7am, your collection is now due at 6am which you're not going to be up for - so the plunderer now has a window between when it's ready and when you collect.

Emberguard

Emperor
Oh my bad then. I was thinking the concern was of the plunderer having a disadvantage as opposed to the other way round.

In any case, 5 min window would be satisfactory for resetting purposes and small enough it's unlikely to give plunderers too big of an advantage

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
30 minutes?
There also could be a guild bonus like the recruitment time reduction for production time reduction...