• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: HTML5 - memory leak [46583]

DeletedUser

Was there any specific game actions you were doing that led up to this?

Achaeus

Marquis
I have had similar issues while playing in GE it seems to be at its worst when manually battling in GE. Auto Battle does not cause any problems. Then of course aiding and visiting taverns really eats up the memory. I have taken to watching processes to know when to stop. It does not clear the memory just by logging out of the game, you need to actually close the tab and open a new one to release the memory. I have compared this to memory usage in Live where Flash is still running and logging out will release the memory. Heavy memory issues have also been while doing a large collection of goods, supplies and coins.

1.121.f4a84d4fa9 (14.02.2018 8:32), Achaeus (127556), zz1, en_US, WEB 6,5,0,0, Windows 7, Opera 51.0.2830.26, 1920x912, OpenGL Vendor=WebKit Version=WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium) Renderer=WebKit WebGL GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.0 Chromium) (512 MB VRAM)

Exactly, i have at least memory leaks on :
Using zoom on city map
Manual battle (see on GE battle and neighbour battle)
Exploration map
Construction on city map (move and add)

When memory grow up i use the software "clean mem " on chrome process and then free around 500Mo RAM but level up again few time after...

Exemple of actions and RAM occupation :

Chrome OFF / Game OFF :
RAM 1,9/8Go
GPU : 0%

Chrome ON / Game OFF :
RAM 2,2/8Go
GPU : 1%

Chrome ON / Game ON :
RAM 3/8Go
GPU : 88%

After loading, FOE memory flush ?
RAM 2,5/8

Open GE map :
RAM 2,6/8
GPU : 65%

Attack window :
RAM 2,8/8
GPU: 88%

Attack map :
RAM 3,1/8
GPU : 83%

FOE memory flush ?
RAM : 2,7/8
GPU : 90%

finish battle automatically :
RAM : 2,8/8
GPU:82%

GE map :
2,8/8
GPU : 62%

back to main city map :
RAM : 2,9/8
GPU : 84%

Open Oracle GM window :
RAM : 3,1/8Go
GPU : 85%

Open continent map :
RAM : 3,5/8Go
GPU : 83%

back to city map :
RAM : 3,3/8
GPU : 84%

visit oceanic futur friend city :
RAM : 3,5/8
GPU : 82%

carnival event :
RAM : 3,6/8
GPU : 86%

go to research :
RAM : 3,9/8

After 10mn of FOE game : 2,2 => 3,9 Go RAM

close FOE Game :
RAM : 2Go/8Go
GPU : 1%

DeletedUser

If anyone else has tested memory usage while doing any type of actions and noticed large increases please post the details here. I have reproduced a few situations that do produce a problem, but the scope of this may be larger.
Also just an FYI - the CPU/GPU spikes is known :)

DeletedUser

So, I have reproduced memory leaks to some extent basically doing any ingame action repetitively for long enough. Before I actually report this I need to talk to the devs tomorrow.

DeletedUser7942

Still broke for me, maybe just my old rig, I don't know. I hit over 2Gb and it eventually crashes. This is a bit over 10 minutes.

Steps are simple enough. Start game. Open Build menus, Global, Research, cmap, Army Management, Inventory, Market, Message Center, GE, GvG, visit some cities, open some GB's, event history, etc. basically just do stuff and eventually crash.

iuggiugui.gif

dhdh.PNG

1.127.5591b8c5e3 (09.05.2018 8:29), Joe the Schmo (135223), zz1, en_US, WEB 7,1,1,0, Windows 7, Chrome/66.0.3359.139, 1222x840, OpenGL Vendor=WebKit Version=WebGL 1.0 (OpenGL ES 2.0 Chromium) Renderer=WebKit WebGL GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 1.0 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.0 Chromium) (512 MB VRAM)

I suspect my little old graphics card could be the cause of some issues but would that cause memory to build up like this? Doesn't seem to me it would.

Last edited by a moderator: