• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback HTML / flash

shad2389

Viceroy
got a pop-up this morning telling me that HTML was out and to leave flash to start using only html well i realy hope they don't take away flash cause HTML is still to slow for my old PC it takes me 1 / 2 an hour to load on HTML then once loaded it's to slow for me to play
are they ditching flash ?
this is feedback on that pop-up and a question so not sure if i had to place here or on question thread

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
@shad2389 this is not InnoGames choice. Flash will cease to exist from Adobe in 2020. You could create content for it sure, but not only will no one be able to download Flash once that cut off comes but the web browsers themselves are also restricting how they allow the use of Flash.

For example Chrome from v71 doesn't allow you to save settings for Flash at all. Some of the browsers have released statements that they'll remove all support for flash to run on their browsers come 2020. So even if Inno continued to program for Flash it could simply be that no one could even use the game at all without creating it as a entirely enclosed system that has no online aspects (assuming that'd even be playable as offline app on operating systems)

That's not even taking into account the difficulty of keeping the Flash version compatible with html version once Flash is unable to be updated if it were (somehow) able to be kept onboard

I sympathise with your situation, but if Adobe hadn't announced that Flash was being ditched then InnoGames would never have had a reason to even develop a HTML version. It's like the transition of cassete tapes to dvds or analog tv's to digital tv;s. You could create the content for the previous tech, but if the companies that invented it (and own the copyright) refuse to keep around the foundation necessary for the cassette tapes and analogue tvs to even function then it's a moot point, no one will be able to use your product no matter how well you made it for that previous tech.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
@shad2389 If you feel html will be unusable for you until you upgrade the computer and you want to keep your progress in the game for when you eventually upgrade (assuming the game will still exist at that point)

(1) Take your worlds to High Middle Ages
Came across a post by a mod from 2013 stating any world that is Bronze through to Early Middle Ages under a certain diamond balance will be deleted after 30 days of inactivity.

This likely would still be the case in some form. If you can get your worlds to at least HMA they should be safe as long as the account itself is safe

(2) Log on periodically to the forums linked to each account you want saved
Any account you log into at least once during a year will not be deleted. As long as your forum account is linked to your ingame account then this can be either logging into the forums or the one of the worlds. Also means if you're entering your password periodically you won't forget your log in info

RedRed

Viceroy
You might even try the html5 version with different browsers. In one of my machines f.e. chrome works smooth as flash where firefox is unplayable (because webgl2 in the latter isn't available).

The biggest loss for me is that html5 isn't playable on mobile browsers (the official app is too heavy, has no timers, no collection with 5 diamonds, no gvg, no chat, different management of guild roles, different rankings, no guild forum...)

Last edited:

DeletedUser8859

different rankings ?

Never heard of that difference, please describe.

DeletedUser8859

Oh yes, only Guilds and Players, not GBs or Battles ranking if I remember well. I used tio play at computer in the beginning.

DeletedUser7454

my biggest problem with html5 is that is SLOW on GvG. Most players who are serious about GvG use flash. The fastest for GvG is Edge (or IE) combined with flash. Yes I tried different browser.

shad2389

Viceroy
on chrome and opera it's realy to slow on firefox i get this :
capture-d-cran-de...06-30-34-55a13bb.png
[/url][/IMG] [/url][/IMG]

DeletedUser

The fastest for GvG is Edge (or IE) combined with flash

Lol, maybe on your system, but historically Microsoft browsers have performed the worst with our game. The important point here is that different browsers perform differently depending on your system specs, whether in Flash or HTML5.
It is worth the time when trying HTML5 (and you should as it is coming whether we like it or not) to try it in multiple browsers to find the best performance for your system.
Remember this is not just a FoE issue, Flash is going away, everywhere. Now is exactly the time to be trying HTML5 and reporting issues as it will be better to fix it now, than when you don't even have a choice to go back to Flash.

Emberguard

Emperor
@Zarok Dai historically yes. Microsoft Edge though was designed to start with far less junk on it then its predecessors and works a dream on Wins 10 for me too [both flash and html] while Chrome can barely function on my wins 10 device but works fine on my Wins 8 device for html

So for any win 10 device I'd absolutely recommend trying out Edge as it's way more efficient then IE ever was

DeletedUser

while Chrome can barely function on my wins 10 device

For me I have Chrome on HTML5 in Win10 and have had no performance issues at all. So this just backs up my point. You need try multiple browsers to know what works best for you :)

DeletedUser7454

Well in the GvG the speed that count -- how fast one can replace the siege and how fast one can sneak in armies. I had Windows 7 and the fastest was IE with flash for that (compared to Chrome and opera which had a few millisecond lags). I bought a new fast laptop with Windows 10 when the html5 was announced and unfortunately the fastest still is Edge with Flash. And I can tell you I try time to time html5 on chrome to see if there is any improvement. The beta I play with Chrome and html5.
I am not saying -- and please note that - that it is ideal. It crashes and has faults, but for GVG fast loading armies and fast siege placing the combo wins!

of course once the flash retires everybody will have the same speed so it will no matter that much anymore

DeletedUser9410

Eish, im running firefox and flash with win 7 and iv never had problems, but looks like im going to have to start testing and experimenting soon.:(

DeletedUser7951

t on my PC tryed refreshing 3 times only sent me back to that page
I have that from time to time as well. Pressing the refresh button from Inno on the page never helps. Doing the circular arrow usually does the trick. If not closing and starting the browser again fix it.

DeletedUser6863

@shad2389 I have this pop up quite a lot on different worlds. If you load the flash version then change it in game settings to HTML5, then reload it works.

miSc

Steward
It's a nightmare out there.
Flash is STILL the most stable version, and I'm sticking to it untill html5 has caught up.
The best performing two browsers on the market right now is still chrome and firefox, and both running flash.
- sure chrome is more speedy then firefox, however it's also one of the most unsafe browsers there is. Except for IE/edge..

*Not just counting in that Google uses chrome as a direct spying tool for everything you do :p
(no tinfoil, conspiracy, paranoia intented here...)

You may wonder where I have these results from, and it's fair for you to question it.
I am in the IT world, and linked to several colleagues that work for both Adobe, Microsoft and various other big and smaller media firms.
They do regular benchmarks and general tests of the browser performances and in-dept analysing.
Some of these test results are public and you can simply google it, some are NOT due to company policies.

Ofcourse everything is relative to your own setup, what system your using, specs, ram, cpu, graphicscard, drivers, internet connection, but also what you have running in processors/services etc.
Browser plugins play a huge role too, as well using vpn or not..

I can even tell you that, if you for example disable 50 percent of microsoft telemetry data services - you gain a further more speed upgrade of atleast 10 percent.
(we tried this on windows 10, basically disabling everything onedrive / updates / xbox / apps / and the background services related)
It made every game handle better, and in general enhanced the experience. Browser games included.

*Telemetry is an automated communications process by which measurements and other data are collected at remote or inaccessible points and transmitted to receiving equipment for monitoring.

Microsoft has done this since their very first release, and tons of other companies does it too. The constant flow of data slows you down a bit, not much but ENOUGH to make a slight difference.