• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion How long to complete an Era? Any rules of thumb? Expected Averages? How long is too long?

Interested in others opinions on How much time spent in an Era considering:
  • Complete the Era (finish tech tree)
  • Complete main / side questlines
  • Stay in era preparing for the next
  • Use recurring quests
  • others...

Well, the space ages can be completed (tech-wise) in ~2 months, the other ages (with the exception of AF and OF and to some extent also VF) in a couple weeks. AF takes me 4 months to properly complete, and OF takes at least a whopping 7 months due to the lack of orichalcum during the whole run for me. VF also takes about 2 months because of orichalcum prep for mars (and this prep is practically done when still in OF, i.e. prior to entering VF actually). the earliest ages I complete in a matter of days (bronze I can do in 2-3 days, iron in 4-6 days).

perhaps with the Space Carrier GB these times can be shortened for the later eras, but keep in mind that if you do NOT have tons of FP and a high level arc, it will not help you that much (same reason why the Star Gazer GB also helps you marginally for accumulating extra goods for getting the promethium and orichalcum when in OF and VF respectively).

DeletedUser

After setting up a few diamond farms on other servers I have got experience in rushing the tech tree but keeping your city stable . So I would say with WWs producing goods I can get to EMA on a diamond farm within a week or two .

I can also get some good GBs in those 2 weeks if I have friends in that world with high level GBs ( @DreadfulCadillac thanks for having such great GBs )

All of the is on the US server though so on beta I would think that it would be quicker with the monthly and bug report diamonds.

DeletedUser8273

it takes one year to arrive to VF from start of new world
depends on guild activity it can be much faster than one year

Sl8yer

Regent
After setting up a few diamond farms on other servers I have got experience in rushing the tech tree but keeping your city stable . So I would say with WWs producing goods I can get to EMA on a diamond farm within a week or two .

I can also get some good GBs in those 2 weeks if I have friends in that world with high level GBs ( @DreadfulCadillac thanks for having such great GBs )

All of the is on the US server though so on beta I would think that it would be quicker with the monthly and bug report diamonds.

First, you do not have any diamond farms
Second, this is beta, how are you supposed to have diamond farms here?

Can you give more useless advice?

DeletedUser

I am parked in EMA and do not plan to leave , I have probably been in there since I started on Beta because I spent the first lot of diamonds on racing to the end of IA so that I could test the ESC.I am going to work out when ESC was released and then work it out.

Super Catanian

Merchant
Can you give more useless advice?
Do you really want to know? I don't know what server you mainly play in, but in the US Forums, I already have to deal with his antics.

Anyways, it usually takes me months to get to the next era on a regular pace. I'll be moving up to PME by the end of the Archaeology Event in both of my cities (both US, not Beta, of course). I'll see just how long it takes me.

According to previous profile posts over at the US Forums, it took me slightly over a year to get from the start of the PE to the end of the ME (basically already PME, so two ages). This might give one an idea of how long it takes to age up.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
~2-4 weeks per era is viable through FE if you know what you're doing and work at it without harming yourself (i.e. including some work on GBs as you go). AF/OF you run into the promethium/orichalcum roadblock and may take a few months each no matter what you do (so lots of opportunity to work on GBs). VF/mars I'd guess at being around 1 month each if you're trying to rush it. If you want to get into the GB metagame of building an arc and then others to 80+ that's about a 1-6 month pause at some point depending on situation (pick an age you like or that has advantages that'll let you do it faster), but it can be done at anytime.

Sl8yer

Regent
please don't tempt him :)

Don't have to. He is like the Energizer Bunny. Keeps going on where others stop.

I am parked in EMA and do not plan to leave , I have probably been in there since I started on Beta because I spent the first lot of diamonds on racing to the end of IA so that I could test the ESC.I am going to work out when ESC was released and then work it out.

Did anybody ask about that?

Last edited:

FalkeNr1

Farmer
Well, the space ages can be completed (tech-wise) in ~2 months [...] perhaps with the Space Carrier GB these times can be shortened

Actually I calculated how long you need approximately to farm all Promethium, Orichalcum und Mars Ore to complete the Arctic Future. Oceanic Future, Virtual Future, and Mars Age. I haven't done the SAAB yet. My target was to know how much the Space Carrier could help you to farm these goods.
The point is, that the Space Carrier produces RANDOM special goods. In the Arctic Future, this is just Promethium but in Oceanic Future Promethium OR Orichalcum. In Mars Promethium, Orichalcum or Mars Ore, and so on. So, the chance to get Mars Ore in Space Age Mars is just 1/3 per day.

To summarize my results:
Without Carrier: ~44 days
Carrier 1: ~40 days
Carrier 10: ~34 days
Carrier 80: ~24 days
Without Carrier: ~96 days
Carrier 1: ~91 days
Carrier 10: ~84 days
Carrier 80: ~68 days
Without Carrier: ~22 days
Carrier 1: ~21 days
Carrier 10: ~20 days
Carrier 80: ~16 days
Without Carrier: ~29 days
Carrier 1: ~28 days
Carrier 10: ~28 days
Carrier 80: ~26 days

The Arctic, Oceanic and Virtual Future are relatively easy to calculate. For Mars, I made multiple assumptions, for example, ~30h exploration time for every new province and 1 harvest of all available provinces a day. So, these are all just approximate information just to show how much the Space Carrier influences the farming of special goods in different eras. The real time you need is influenced by many more factors like your storage of "normal" goods and FP production, of course.
And you can see, that the Space Carrier gets more and more useless with more eras published with special goods.

i finished SAAB techs yesterday on live, so that means i did them in 19 days. obviously i was well-prepared (full stockpile of prom, orichalcum and mars ore, and 30k+ of each mars good), but this shows that they're doable in 3 weeks if you got a strong city :)

FalkeNr1

Farmer
i finished SAAB techs yesterday on live, so that means i did them in 19 days. obviously i was well-prepared (full stockpile of prom, orichalcum and mars ore, and 30k+ of each mars good), but this shows that they're doable in 3 weeks if you got a strong city :)
Just to know, did you used diamonds to accelerate the scout to unlock new provinces?