• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Historical questline - Rosa Parks

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8341

So, it takes 8 days to make sure the Event is OK for the browser.
But on the app, it doesn't need that much time because ...

It takes 8 days to get through the Event on the browser.
But on the app, players are expected to be able to get through it (under normal test conditions) in less time because ...

I won't ask why the app wasn't published a week ago with the Event ready to be turned on. That isn't my business, it's just how I do waterfall s/w development and I'm not familiar with games programming. I can only say that not doing things that way means that the app can't be properly tested before release and app users don't have the opportunity to test an Event in the way that Inno seem to desire the testing of the browser version.

DeletedUser8489

If you're running a supply production in a Bazaar building, it will work on it. If you're running a FP production in a Bazaar, it will not work on it. Thus I think the description is actually quite accurate. :)
Thanks! I couldn't figure out what everybody was fussing about. It made perfect sense to me also! (But, I'm weird lol)
When I finally see the whole questline and reward buildings described (on Wikia) then I will comment on this Hysterical Questline. ;)

DeletedUser8489

One question though ... what actually do they mean by this:

"Have the third difficulty in Guild Expedition solved"

I'm not being obtuse, I just want to make sure.

DeletedUser7978

@LoCee,
For the quest -"Have the third difficulty in Guild Expedition solved"

You need to finish level 3, which is 48 encounters.

DeletedUser5955

One question though ... what actually do they mean by this:

"Have the third difficulty in Guild Expedition solved"

I'm not being obtuse, I just want to make sure.

it means u have to finish all 16 battles / negotiation to be completed and u have to enter the 4th GE level.

DeletedUser8489

@LoCee,
For the quest -"Have the third difficulty in Guild Expedition solved"
You need to finish level 3, which is 48 encounters.

Thanks ... I wasn't sure if they meant that or just the 3rd leg of Level I

They should just have said, "Finish Level III of the Guild Expedition". Everybody knows what that means! LOL :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Frankiedk

Squire
Jeeeeezzzz, finishing off with Gain Control of a Province, had i known, i wouldn't even do 1 task. So just wasted 800 Goods yesterday on another unreasonable task, for a historical questline.
Finished off that province yesterday to finish a task of 5 sectors, so will have to Scout and then Negotiate, with goods i don't have cos i am almost through Progressive map, though i am only in Industrial.
But nice to know its not worth my time on live. Nice attempt.

DeletedUser8061

When I finally see the whole questline and reward buildings described (on Wikia) then I will comment on this Hysterical Questline. ;)
I wonder why haven't you seen it yet on the wiki. It has been posted in the same hour when it was released on Beta. And we had all the quests there just a few hours later after that. You can see the link in my signature, but I will post it once more here:

ROSA PARKS Historical Questline

Last edited by a moderator:
every event or update, we get the same whinging from app users. perhaps its time for inno to explain, or explain again if done already, why the app cannot be beta tested here.

short answer. app users do not have access to beta testing. if its released, its released to all, not just the beta testers here. yes there is beta testing of apps, bt its a closed group, and would not cope with the 000s here that would want it. so ... app users get used to this. it's not inno's fault

Manganite

Merchant
every event or update, we get the same whinging from app users. perhaps its time for inno to explain, or explain again if done already, why the app cannot be beta tested here.

short answer. app users do not have access to beta testing. if its released, its released to all, not just the beta testers here. yes there is beta testing of apps, bt its a closed group, and would not cope with the 000s here that would want it. so ... app users get used to this. it's not inno's fault
That's complete nonsense... Of course App player can test things before they are generally available. It's only sometimes that quests or events start a bit delayed compared to the browser, but still weeks ahead of the live servers. For more technical things it can take a bit longer, cause very often they have to wait for the two weeks regular updates, but still in general it's much earlier available compared to the live version.

DeletedUser8277

Jeeeeezzzz, finishing off with Gain Control of a Province, had i known, i wouldn't even do 1 task. So just wasted 800 Goods yesterday on another unreasonable task, for a historical questline.
Finished off that province yesterday to finish a task of 5 sectors, so will have to Scout and then Negotiate, with goods i don't have cos i am almost through Progressive map, though i am only in Industrial.
But nice to know its not worth my time on live. Nice attempt.
Ah thank you for letting us know. I would have made the same mistake and be out hundreds of goods.

Required advancement and it's not even an event but historical quest line. I guess they are doubling down on advancement requirements. Since I had Chat boost I'll get to as many are simple but not finish the questline. I don't know where I'll be come winter and don't want to risk locking myself out of that event for this questline.

I think it's great to feature a woman known more for her achievements than looks or birthright. I don't find the selection particularly imaginative as we've already done MLK. Rosa Parks seems like a phoned in choice given the wealth of history across the world why focus on American segregation and civil rights twice.

I did notice one part that seemed like a mistake. Spoiler for large image:
Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 3.05.02 AM.png

I cannot remember what the first quest said but it had already begun the story, the second quest is a random 'thank you for listening to the story' blurb. It would seem the writing here was intended to accompany the first quest.

DeletedUser8341

Huh? Even deciphering the bad grammar and typing, I still don't think I understand you.
You seem to be saying that events can not be tested on the app because there are thousands of users wanting to test events on the app.
If that is what you are saying, and this is many more people than play on beta using the browser, that would be an even bigger reason to make sure the event is tested on the app.

If we are going to talk 'fault' then of course it is Inno's fault that they do not release an event on an app on time for it to be properly tested. Who else would you blame - the players?

DeletedUser8489

I wonder why haven't you seen it yet on the wiki. It has been posted in the same hour when it was released on Beta. And we had all the quests there just a few hours later after that. You can see the link in my signature, but I will post it once more here:

ROSA PARKS Historical Questline
You jump to conclusions ... I went to the wiki when this first came out ...there was nothing there. Just a dead link on the "Historical Questlines" list (it is still dead). There was one other link that was dead too. I got tired of staring at the dead links and found something else to do. (ie: I gave up) Then you did your thing. Now there is something there. (I would never have found it) On the right of the main page of the forum here I saw your signature changes at some point (the link was bad by the way). And as you can see NOW I finally know what the quests are.

To be blunt: the Wikia site is a total mess. Lacks a decent 'tree-structure' for it's contents. Try to find something out about "side quests" ... you end up at a generalized page that is filled with a bunch of non-sorted box links about whatever. Finally you might stumble on something about 'special quests' ... etc It's a total disaster. ;) LOL

(oh, BTW, usually your pages are great ... once a person can find them. :) )

vidicecilia

Baronet
I hate events. I do only a part of them because I want to keep my own game style and I have no room to put all this buildings in my city.
Can you tell me which area does 5m Mass Supply Rush take?

DeletedUser8061

You jump to conclusions ... I went to the wiki when this came out ...there was nothing there. Just a dead link on the "Historical Questlines" list (it is still dead). There was one other link that was dead too. I got tired of staring at the dead links and found something else to do. (ie: I gave up) Then you did your thing. Now there is something there. (I would never have found it) On the right of the main page of the forum here I saw your signature changes at some point (the link was bad by the way). And as you can see NOW I finally know what the quests are.

To be blunt: the Wikia site is a total mess. Lacks a decent 'tree-structure' for it's contents. Try to find something out about "side quests" ... you end up at a generalized page that is filled with a bunch of non-sorted box links about whatever. Finally you might stumble on something about 'special quests' ... etc It's a total disaster. ;) LOL

Then help us make it better. We're not paid for that, and are just ordinary players, like everyone else.
You think wiki is bad? Imagine its absence and be a bit more grateful.
There was one dead link, yes, on the Events table. But the article existed and you could have found it in the search.
Everyone makes mistakes. Saw a dead link? Edited it! Wiki is a community website after all.

And in my profile here.... well, have you thought about removing the ";" at the end? :D

Pafton

Viceroy
To be blunt: the Wikia site is a total mess.....It's a total disaster. ;) LOL
If you find the wiki to be a mess, then help clean it up. We aren't paid by IG to update all the information, create pages for individual quests and provinces and in general do everything much faster than the official wiki.

If you ever bothered to read the first line on the main page then you will realise that its a fan database, i.e., run by the players and a community-based project. If you don't want to contribute, don't. But don't expect others to do something when you yourself very well can.

DeletedUser8489

If you find the wiki to be a mess, then help clean it up. We aren't paid by IG to update all the information, create pages for individual quests and provinces and in general do everything much faster than the official wiki.

If you ever bothered to read the first line on the main page then you will realise that its a fan database, i.e., run by the players and a community-based project. If you don't want to contribute, don't. But don't expect others to do something when you yourself very well can.

LOL I am fully aware of that fact ... I can read ... I've got 4 college degrees that attest to the fact that I can read.

I just stated a fact. Obviously one that is correct.
But this is cruising off the topic of this Questline.

I just might contact one of you 2 via PM. Maybe I could help. We shall see.