• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Higher Requirements Recurring Quests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
Although not changing the current way that RQ cycle( in order, one after the other) at any era, if implemented this idea will reduce the times in a game session or day that the player would need to repeat the number of mouse clicks/taps on phone to return to the RQ he/she wants to repeat.
Details
The RQs process will work as they are today, my idea do not post changes to this:
* Player select a RQ, it becomes active.
* Player complete the RQ requirements, collect reward
* Game will close the RQ and will present the next RQ in turn.
* Player decides if Executing the new RQ presented or Abort it.
* If Player want to repeat the same RQ just completed he/she will have to abort all RQs in the sequence until the game presents the desired RQ again.

The idea is on total Requirements to complete the Quest (increased 10x or 100x times), to balance Total Rewards to be worthy of the new Requirements, and to introduce the option of divide the Total Reward in partial rewards as the requirements are completed.

If returning to the example above, if the Player want to do the Win X Battles several times in a row he/she would have to...
*** Currently: Win 12 battles, collect and cycle all RQ, do 12 battles, collect and cycle all RQ, Win 12 battles, collect and cycle all RQ, etc...
*** Proposed Idea: Win 200 battles, partial collect, Win 200 Battles, partial collect, Win 200 battles, partial collect, Win 200 Battles, partial collect, Win 200 Battles, partial collect and cycle all RQ,

If you see cycling through all RQ would be just once every 1000 battles vs currently cycling through all RQ after every 12 Battles, therefore for the Player it will a great reduction on total clicks in a game session or day. (Completing 1000 battles with the RQ of Win 12 battles will require cycling through all RQs 83 times).

New button will be needed for the option to collect partial rewards.
Balance
Adjustments needed to balance New High Requirements of the RQs vs Partial / Total Rewards to be given.
Abuse Prevention
No changes in how the RQs work, so no Abuse is expected.
Summary
RQ would have higher requirements to complete, give the option to receive partial rewards while progressing, and Total Rewards will be higher to balance with the higherm effort required to complete them. Due to higher requirements / longer time required to complete the change will reduce drastically the number of times that "cliks" to cycle the RQ during a game session or during a day.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes, many other ideas about RQs, reducing number of clicks, other methods to manage RQs. However, my ides is different to all previous ones, it deals with RQ requirements, not about how to reduce the number of clicks to cycle. DSNL list reviewed, no impact.
Visual Aids
None.
I propose to change the requirements of the RQs, all or possibly most of them, by 10x, 100x, or similar figures. Also to change the rewards to be given proportionally to the new requirement, and that the Total Reward to be collected in phases (four (4) or five (5) partial rewards), or if the Player wants to be collected completely after all the requirements are completed.

If collected in phases, each phase does not need to be the same kind of reward but randomly selected by the game. If this RQ would give diamonds, then the Diamonds reward would be given at the 5th partial reward, or as part of the total reward collected at the end.

For example a RQ asking for Win 12 battles would change to Win 1000 battles.
Partial rewards:
1st: X goods,
2nd: Y FPs,
3rd: Lot of coins,
4th: X goods (randomness can include repeats...)
5th: Z Diamonds

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Unfortunately this would really break things. By this standard I just got a 10 times (or 100 times depending on the amount of cost/reward increase) increase in the amount of rewards I get from recurring quests from the same amount of effort I currently put in.

Opinions in favor and specially against the idea are welcome. Specially those against, Im curious to know why not implement the idea, might with your feedback modify it to make it better.

Well, first off you totally ignored the UBQ.

Secondly, how often when using a 1.9 thread do you actually cycle through quests when doing the spend fp quest? I know I don't, that would take forever. Now I would get a reward increase for doing the same thing.

I'm sure there are others.

Unfortunately this would really break things. By this standard I just got a 10 times increase in the amount of rewards I get from recurring quests from the same amount of effort I currently put in.

Why an increase? Take for example a quest asking for Spend 100 FPs.
Currently a Player spend 100 FPs, collect a reward, cycle the RQs, Spend 100 FPs, collect again, repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat until spending 1000 FPs and collecting 10 rewards, with a boring time of repeating the cycling of RQ aborts nine (9) times to get back to Spend 100 FPs. .

In my idea the Player spends the same 1000 FPs and collects one big Total Reward which I ask the developers to balance according to the requirements. This Total Reward (collected in 5 phases or in one total pack) should be equivalent to the current 10 Rewards the Player can win now. I'm not asking for more rewards for same effort, the "extra" that the player receives is no more repeat nine (9) times in this case the clicks to cycle the RQs.

If the Quest is to Win 12 battles changed to 1000 Battles the saving of repeated set of clicks is 83 times. Developers are free to adjust the change numbers to 500 Battles or other number if 1000 Battles seems too long.
===
Edit:
Not really breaking things, you are not getting now 10 times the rewards by your own choice., you could get them now, The problem is that now we have to suffer the repeating cycling of RQs to get those 10 times Inno is offering right now.

The idea provides a way to avoid the repeats that everyone hate, without changing the RQ cycling logic that Inno refuses to change.

Last edited:
And in Iron Age it is 15 fp. I'm certainly not going to cycle through 100 times when donating 1500 fp in my camped city there. I just do it in one click. Even in higher eras, most players still just do those donations in one payout without cycling.

Another issue with increasing the number of requirements has to do with being able to cycle quests quickly. This idea would result in either having to abort many partly fulfilled quests or else skip doing a quest when something else needs doing as well. For some players that may result in less overall rewards than they currently receive. Higher requirements already occurs naturally when you age up, this would just make it worse.

Well, first off you totally ignored the UBQ.

Secondly, how often when using a 1.9 thread do you actually cycle through quests when doing the spend fp quest? I know I don't, that would take forever. Now I would get a reward increase for doing the same thing.

1st: Sorry, English is not my first language. UBQ means...?

2nd: In my secondary worlds, when using RQs I do cycle all the time using the Spend 99 FPs RQ paired with one of the Fnord, Spink and Unbirthday RQs. Never dumping 1000 FPs in one shot.
In my Main world I use the guild's 1.9 thread and also use the 5, 10, 20. 50, 100, 150, FP swap threads. When paying FPs for a 1.9 rate I split the payment in two phases, 1st the base FPs the position would pay, and a 2nd with the additional FPs the Arc bonus would grant. I set the RQs for spending FPs to be colle4cted in those payments.

Last edited:
And in Iron Age it is 15 fp. I'm certainly not going to cycle through 100 times when donating 1500 fp in my camped city there. I just do it in one click. Even in higher eras, most players still just do those donations in one payout without cycling.
In Iron Age the developers can choose to increase to 150 FPs (my idea first suggest a 10x increase) with 5 partial payments that would be after each 30 FPs. an Iron age Player could get a partial reward after 30 FPs that would be equivalent to executing two times the 15 FPs RQs, without the need to repeat the clicks that everybody hate.

Edit:
Again: not asking Inno to pay more than what they are currently offering for our efforts (number of battles, FPs spent, coins/supplies collected or spent, goods collected or traded, etc). Getting two small rewards for spending 15 FPs two times to be equivalent to get a higher partial reward after spending 30 FPs.

Last edited:
UBQ is the unbirthday quest.

OK UBG is one of the most (if not the most) used RQ, requiring to pay X amount of coins and Y amount of supplies to complete. Camping in an era for a long time to do the RQ, specially the UBQ over and over and over is seen by some as an Abuse. How long is too long? I have not an answer to that, but camping is not the topic of my idea.

The X and Y values are not necessarily the same value for a given age. Requirements increase by Age, UBQ starts at BA with 600 coins and 500 supplies, at Iron Age both X and Y are 2000, from LMA and after the supplies reqs increase at a lower amounts than the coins. From FE and after the requirements for coins and supplies start to be the same again.
===
Currently UBQ for Iron Age is: Pay 2000 coins + Pay 2000 Supplies. Get 1 Random Reward

Increasing it 10x would be 20,000 coins / 20,000 supplies, with a total Reward worth the equivalent to 10 Random Rewards. 20K coins/supplies is now more than the UBQ requirements for LMA but less than the Colonial Era UBQ requirements.
  • Too high for a normal Iron Age Player?
  • Still too easy for a camper who decided to stay in IA for a year?

OK UBG is one of the most (if not the most) used RQ, requiring to pay X amount of coins and Y amount of supplies to complete. Camping in an era for a long time to do the RQ, specially the UBQ over and over and over is seen by some as an Abuse. How long is too long? I have not an answer to that, but camping is not the topic of my idea.

The X and Y values are not necessarily the same value for a given age. Requirements increase by Age, UBQ starts at BA with 600 coins and 500 supplies, at Iron Age both X and Y are 2000, from LMA and after the supplies reqs increase at a lower amounts than the coins. From FE and after the requirements for coins and supplies start to be the same again.
===
Currently UBQ for Iron Age is: Pay 2000 coins + Pay 2000 Supplies. Get 1 Random Reward

Increasing it 10x would be 20,000 coins / 20,000 supplies, with a total Reward worth the equivalent to 10 Random Rewards. 20K coins/supplies is now more than the UBQ requirements for LMA but less than the Colonial Era UBQ requirements.
  • Too high for a normal Iron Age Player?
  • Still too easy for a camper who decided to stay in IA for a year?
Yes, in Iron Age once you get your Chateau to level 77 your Chateau becomes an UBQ perpetual motion machine.

At that point (and realistically long before) you don't care how many coins and supplies that quest takes, because you are earning more than it costs. All that's happened here from a real world perspective is that you've multiplied the rewards by at least 10x or whatever for doing the same amount of clicking as currently. So at 10x a level 100 Chateau would be putting out 350 goods every rotation instead of 35, and at 100x it'd be 3,500. That sounds pretty game breaking to me.

BTW, every era has a level for the Chateau that makes it a perpetual motion machine. In FE it is level 240.

BTW, every era has a level for the Chateau that makes it a perpetual motion machine. In FE it is level 240.
240? How many Chatteau Frontenacs are around over level 80?
Mine (at main live city) is at level 67, and the city is at end of SAAB just waiting for Venus to open up (far to be at perpetual machine level).

Last edited:
240? How many Chatteau Frontenacs are around over level 80?
A lot are at or over 80, a lot.

Some, but not all that many at level 240. But if you could get 700 goods (10x modifier at level 240) or more for one UBQ, I think a lot more people would take theirs up really quick! That's like 8,400 goods a minute if you are fast. FE is one of the most popular eras, which is why I referenced it, and if people knew they'd make that kind of bank for free (other than getting there in the first place) many would try to at least get a lot closer to that level than now.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the number of clicks reduced, and your idea is certainly innovative, I'm just not sure that it is practical when looked at across all the ages, and all the recurring quests equally.

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I would like, for the sake of fairness, that the RQs be achievable once a day, this would limit abuse without increasing the difficulty of smaller accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.