• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Higher Age Units for Lower Age City (??)

Thunderdome

Emperor
On the live server, I just went to attack someone (on a retaliation) and found out they have higher age units (He/she is in the Late Middle Ages and the units were Colonial Age).

Question is, is that even possible? If so, how? (so, I can get me some, lol).

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Story has various blocks along the way that prevent you from getting as far ahead as you want, but in several ages you can get significantly ahead (and get unattached troops for it). A list of what's possible

Iron Age -> 2 EMA heavy units from Barbarian bonus line
Late Middle Age -> Assortment of Colonial Age troops from Myciena bonus line (muskets, grenadiers, field guns)
Colonial Age -> Industrial Age (and a few Progressive Era) troops from Industrial/Progressive Story
Industrial Age -> Progressive through Postmodern troops from Story/Side quests that occur over PE to PME continent
Postmodern -> Contemporary Era troops from side quests triggered by CE Story
Contemporary -> Tomorrow Era through Oceanic Future troops from story & side quests triggered by story

DeletedUser10003

How can i get virtual future troops when im in oceanic future? i saw a neighbour have VF troops when he was in oceanic. I have 3 recurring quests for the moment and the game wont give me story quests. I think this is strange

1BFA

Viceroy
How can i get virtual future troops when im in oceanic future? i saw a neighbour have VF troops when he was in oceanic. I have 3 recurring quests for the moment and the game wont give me story quests. I think this is strange

Maybe explore the c-map...but you will lose the 3rd rq slot...is it worth it?