• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

help with defensive attack boost!

Dessire

Regent
I'm planning to level up basil and deal to have a good defense. but I dont know at what point the attack boost starts being good enough to defend your city.

some friends tell me that "with 100% attack bonus" you can defend your city from almosy any player. (I'm not counting defense boost because ritual flames help a lot and is easy to have more and more of them)
others friends tell me "with 60%" others "150% and more" so can you guys give me your oppinion about a good % of defensive attack boost to defend my city from almost any attack? or atleast to not being defeated if a player with 300% atack boost attacks me?.

(deal + basil + terracota at 80 = around 190% attack boost , all my ritual flames + event buildings = 15% attack and 655% defense. that means with those 3 GB at 80 I'll have a bit more than 190% attack and 845% defense).

shad2389

Viceroy
Attacks / Defense stats alone do not ensure a victory, units selected and units used by the enemy also influence the battle outcome.
units you place in def are also a variable of the equation if you have great % but have spearmen as units defending your city i don't think your % will help much if attacker uses troops way ahead of spearmen

DeletedUser8859

Attack / Defense stats alone do not ensure a victory, units selected and units used by the enemy also influence the battle outcome.

Some extreme examples:
  • Eight (8) Rogues vs One Trebuchet (or any ranged unit capable to fire and move away from Rogues before they reach it).
  • Eight (8) OF Turturrets with whatever high Attack Defense stats vs One (1) CE Attack Helicopter with lower Attack / Defense stats. The Helicopter do not need any boost or reward from a military GB to win this battle.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8859

The monks from the EMA Monastery are different than the Warrior Monks from the Virtual Future. These EMA monks believe in no attack, they defend only. I vote to increase from 0-20% defense to 0-25% defense.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8859

Attack / Defense stats alone do not ensure a victory,
Also, a smart player can beat Defense Army with higher stats managed by the Artificial (not so smart) Intellegence.

With 100% attack bonus you can defend your city from almost any player...
  • I can agree with that in BA, IA, and EMA, maybe at HMA.
  • After LMA 100% starts to get not enough.
  • As you pass to higher Ages you need to keep increasing your military GBs to be able to cope with others.
Check what GBs and in what levels your neighbors have.
  • How close or far are you from the top ones?
  • How your position compare to the average?
  • Not above the average of the hood? You are in big trouble.

qaccy

Emperor
Short answer: It depends.

More is obviously better. But there is no magical number you can reach where your defense becomes impossible to beat.

DeletedUser5097

I'm planning to level up basil and deal to have a good defense. but I dont know at what point the attack boost starts being good enough to defend your city.

some friends tell me that "with 100% attack bonus" you can defend your city from almosy any player. (I'm not counting defense boost because ritual flames help a lot and is easy to have more and more of them)
others friends tell me "with 60%" others "150% and more" so can you guys give me your oppinion about a good % of defensive attack boost to defend my city from almost any attack? or atleast to not being defeated if a player with 300% atack boost attacks me?.

(deal + basil + terracota at 80 = around 190% attack boost , all my ritual flames + event buildings = 15% attack and 655% defense. that means with those 3 GB at 80 I'll have a bit more than 190% attack and 845% defense).
I would prefer building Terracotta army and building this up quickly to a high level, as high as
possible. Sure it's much more costly but your defending army will also grow stronger, but at the
same time you make your attacking army stronger. Believe me a that last one is something that
you want later in the game and thanks to this you working not only on a strong defence but also
a strong offensive army for the future.