• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Help me with some ideas.

Dessire

Regent
problem 1: when you create your account in any server the game doesn't say you "beware, your user name will be your in-game nick name too", so if you pick a random "name" as your " login user name" you'll not be able to change inside the game if innogames sees that your name doesn't have something bad like a "bad word". many online games (for PC, mobile, etc) give you the chance/opportunity to change your "in game" name paying real cash for that service.

the reason why this service is not available in the game:
1. bad behavior players can change the name and keep doing doing bad things to other players.
2. can create confusion to some friends, guild members, etc.

ideas that i already have:
1. let to any player pay for one name change only 1 time per account.
2. if any player click on your avatar that player will be able to see your last name but for only 1 month, after one month that "label" that reveal your old name must disappear.

i already exposed this problem and my ideas but it seems is not enough for innogames and most of the players. so i need some help with extra ideas to make the "change your in-game name service" available.

problem 2: if you get bored of play in the same world/server or if you have friends in another world/server you can do nothing to move your city to the other world/server. the answer you'll always get is "make a new city" but for players in future - oceanic future start a new city is not an option. the effort to reach to the same point with your main city is huge!

the reason why you innogames doesn't let you change of world/server:

1. if you have 10m ranking points and want to move to the newest world obviously you'll have a huge advantage in terms of points.
2. if you change of world server that can have a big impact in the ranking of that world (specifically in possitions)
3. players with bad behavior can change of server/world and keep doing bad things in the new world.

1. let any player to pay for this service 1 time per account.
2. when you change of server/world, you start with 1 ranking point and gradually you'll start to recover some points every week and avert 5 or 6 months you'll have your points back + the points you got for changing of era, build a new great building, combats etc.

as the problem 1 i exposed this idea too but without possitive results so i need your help with this too.

thank you for your time. (english is not my main language but i improve it everyday)

DeletedUser

problem 1: when you create your account in any server the game doesn't say you "beware, your user name will be your in-game nick name too", so if you pick a random "name" as your " login user name" you'll not be able to change inside the game
congrats you learned something
is in most games the case

next time chose wisely

btw: changing nickname is currently in development

roblem 2: if you get bored of play in the same world/server or if you have friends in another world/server you can do nothing to move your city to the other world/server. the answer you'll always get is "make a new city" but for players in future - oceanic future start a new city is not an option. the effort to reach to the same point with your main city is huge!

1. if you have 10m ranking points and want to move to the newest world obviously you'll have a huge advantage in terms of points.
2. if you change of world server that can have a big impact in the ranking of that world (specifically in possitions)
3. players with bad behavior can change of server/world and keep doing bad things in the new world.

1. let any player to pay for this service 1 time per account.
2. when you change of server/world, you start with 1 ranking point and gradually you'll start to recover some points every week and avert 5 or 6 months you'll have your points back + the points you got for changing of era, build a new great building, combats etc.
that is stupid

you talk about points: they are useless

why don't you talk about things in the game that matter ?

GB
you go to a new world with your level 80 Arc (nobody regularly playing has one)
you make huge profits everywhere

points are stupid if that is your only goal you can keep them going to the new world but starting with an empty bronze age city like everybody else

be proud of your useless 10 millions points but don't abuse what could be abused: high era GB and other buildings

if you have 10m ranking points and want to move to the newest world obviously you'll have a huge advantage in terms of points.
what a stupid sentence
10m points give you ZERO advantage

era you are in give it
GB (and other buildings) you have give it
FP in your inventory give it
goods you have give it

repeat that you understand
points are useless and give ZERO advantage

so you can keep your stupid points but sure will lose every unfair real advantage (inventory, buildings, era, coins, supplies, FP, goods) when moving to another world

2. when you change of server/world, you start with 1 billion ranking point in an empty bronze age city, with no goods, no FP in inventory, nothing else in inventory, no coins, supplies, 0 medals, ...
fixed it that you don't have one single real advantage :rolleyes:

and please use your huge point advantage wisely :D

don't lie

the reason is that people like you would take their complete OF city and everything they have to a world that started a few days ago where the most advanced player is in middle age

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8014

the reason is that people like you would take their complete OF city and everything they have to a world that started a few days ago where the most advanced player is in middle age

But that could easily be solved by not allowing a move to a world where there isn't at least one other player of your age or higher.

By the way, I don't think that it's good to be called others posters "stupid" - no problem saying that you don't agree with another post, but saying they are "stupid" is just disrespectful.

DeletedUser

But that could easily be solved by not allowing a move to a world where there isn't at least one other player of your age or higher.
solves nothing

there are iron age players with Arc in old worlds
in worlds where the highest era is middle age nobody can have an Arc

and what with other things those players have
could get 1 million high era goods before changing worlds

and how long does it take from the first player in the Future to have Arc 80 competition
if someone from another world switches at the day Future starts with a level 80 Arc and 100k FP in his inventory when the real Arc competition starts he has one million FP and switches to the next world

I don't think that it's good to be called others posters "stupid"
the idea is stupid
not the poster :rolleyes:

and thought less than 1 minute about abusing
like you

posting such an unthinked "solution" which is actually crap and solves nothing

a thing like
players with level x GB can only go to another world if at least 100 players have the same GB at the same level or higher in that world
that would be step to solve abuse

that is what I can find with 1 minute thinking

so please come back when you really started to think about the abuse prevention

NormaJeane

Viceroy
I have re-opened this thread, after deleting several off-topic posts...
Please keep in mind that for many of us English is not our native language, this can easily lead to misunderstandings ;) which in my opinion happened here.

I kindly request that from now on all posters in this thread:
• stay on topic;
• and read each others comments carefully before replying.

To clarify things:
Telling another forum user he/she is 'stupid' would be disrespectful. However:
Saying that a suggestion is 'stupid' is allowed when accompanied by the reasoning for such a viewpoint. When in disagreement with such a reply, please state your own reasoning.

Last edited:

NormaJeane

Viceroy
Now some comments from me on the suggestions made by the OP:

1 - changing in-game user name/nick name:
This is work in progress on FoE, feedback can be found in this thread.
Based on this feedback:
For the time being it has been disabled, as some further work is required and related issues need to be handled first. When/how it might return, is something that the CM will notify once that's to happen. :)

2 - move an existing city to another world/server:
In my opinion, the whole point of starting in a new world is that everyone starts anew, beginners as well as veterans in the game. It is supposed to be a new challenge for everyone.

Moving an existing city to a new world would destroy that and would give anyone being able to do so a very unfair advantage. Think of the GB's, the attacking power etc. etc. etc.

This cannot be solved by "not allowing a move to a world where there isn't at least one other player of your age or higher."

problem 2: if you get bored of play in the same world/server or if you have friends in another world/server you can do nothing to move your city to the other world/server. the answer you'll always get is "make a new city" but for players in future - oceanic future start a new city is not an option. the effort to reach to the same point with your main city is huge!

I really do not understand why you feel that starting a new city in a new world/server is not an option. Especially when you start your suggestion by saying this might be done out of boredom with your current world/server ... it is the huge effort you need to make again that makes it interesting to start anew :cool:

DeletedUser8859

First, I would create separate posts for each idea / problem. they are not related to same.

1. On user name changing.
+1. Hope the solution being in progress can be finish / tested / implemented. One time name change.

2. On relocating a whole city in the current state from World A to World B:
  • with all current expansions placed at city, and those unlocked at Build menu.
  • with current progress at Tech Tree,
  • All buildings Town Hall (current ERA), Buildings, GBs, Roads, Tavern (with all current upgrades and Silver accumulated),
  • with all resources: Coins, Supplies, Medals, Goods, plus all items in Inventory, etc. (This imply city is completely deleted from original World A immediately after relocating to World B).

I agree with NormaJeane, it will allow a well established player, to start with a good or full collection of GBs, at 25+ or 80+ level, with attack / defense bonus buildings not limited to GBs, to dominate a world where people are just being starting and maybe 80% are still in the Middle Ages. That represent a big opening to abuse.

Besides, every player that was donating to your GBs will see their potential rewards gone when the GB disappear from World A.

My experience: I have taken the challenge of opening new cities to try different strategies: Warrior/Farmer balanced cities, Peacefull Farmer cities, Warrior cities, Full collection of GBs city (EN4 Dinegu), No GB city (worst of all). Right now have cities at all Worlds of the EN server plus beta, first and top one (EN4) is in OF Future with Continent Map finished and still techs to do at Research Tree. Last two started are in Bronze Age and Iron Age, the rest are in several eras of development from middle ages up to CE. When the newest two cities were started, my EN4 city was already at OF.

What I can achieve with relocating my EN4 OF city with a complete Full collection of GBs (even Collosseum and Notre Dame are still built at that one) from Dinegu to the last EN server world? Jump from rank in the top 280's to Rank #1 at the new world in one go. Is that fair? No.

DeletedUser8859

points are useless and give ZERO advantage

Ranking points are partially based on current buildings built at the city, and their Era, plus advance at the Tech Tree by goods expended in unlocking tech. Therefore ranking points are not totally "useless" since they reflect partially city ERA and progress in the game. There is no way to retain10m points or whatever other number with an initial city of a Town Hall, pair of Huts, trees, obelisks, and trail roads.

Again, -1 to the idea of relocating a whole city with current ERA, buildings, GBs, Tech Tree progress, resources (coins, supplies, goods, medals, special goods), inventory, Tavern upgraded, bonuses obtained at a previous world.

Just bring in your diamonds and past knowledge / experiences gained in previous worlds and that is the advantage allowed in the new one.

DeletedUser8859

problem 2: if you get bored of play in the same world/server

If bored at current world...
  • Change to a more active guild.
  • Re-evaluate Friend list, cut out inactives, or not engaging in conversations, trades, etc.
  • Form a small ghost like guild not tied with any guild and create havoc at GvG.
  • Make a HUGE reconstruction of the city.
  • Try a new city with an additional challenge self imposed by you, not by the game.
    • Try a city with no diamonds purchased buildings.
    • Try a "Tiny City". Build a city with no additional expansions placed after the initial 16 given at start and see how far you can push that one up the Eras. I have seen cities like that with Alcatraz and other GBs inserted.
  • Do you speak more than one language? Try FOE at a server speaking a second language you can manage.
    • (I'm thinking to test a Spanish speaking server. Spanish is my first language, English my second.)