• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Have we all given up on beta?

I have been thinking about this. Maybe it is not so much folks giving up on Beta. It it just the way newer player look at gaming these days. They are used to single player games where they do not need to have contact with other players. They do not GET the research and development side of Beta any longer. To a lot of newer players they see Beta as a place to come and park in. Simply to get advanced knowledge of what the next Event or game addition will be. And woop-de-doo INNO gives them free diamonds. They do not realize why. They complain when things go wrong just as they would complain about things going wrong on the live servers. Beta is simply one more world. If they want communication at all they just want social media type content.

Plus all the new additions to the game are really just mini one person games within the main game shell. players want them to be fun to do independently without the inconvenience of having to communicate with other people or put much thought into what they are doing or why. A few pretty rewards is enough. Which is why there are so many guilds with silent members. They do not see the need for communication and do not want it. The guild concept with its need for teamwork and tactics is of no importance to these players. They join a guild to get help with raising GBs and get free trades. But even that is not really important. What is important to them is being able to come, click as few buttons as possible and get rewards. They see no reason why they should give anything back. And the majority of founders of these new guilds are of a similar mindset. Trying to start an active guild orientated guild with new players in the game now is an almost impossible task

I do honestly not say this to put the game down at all. The world of on line games is always changing. And INNO has done a great job of developing this game to keep it going for so many years. However I do believe they should be looking for some new aspect that would bring the idea of team work, co-operation and the fun that brings back to the game. Over the last few years, with the emphasis being on single person games (which are really all a version of the same theme) A people centered development to FoE might just work well.

Last edited:

iPenguinPat

Squire
Plus all the new additions to the game are really just mini one person games within the main game shell. players want them to be fun to do independently without the inconvenience of having to communicate with other people or put much thought into what they are doing or why. A few pretty rewards is enough. Which is why there are so many guilds with silent members. They do not see the need for communication and do not want it. The guild concept with its need for teamwork and tactics is of no importance to these players. They join a guild to get help with raising GBs and get free trades. But even that is not really important. What is important to them is being able to come, click as few buttons as possible and get rewards. They see no reason why they should give anything back. And the majority of founders of these new guilds are of a similar mindset. Trying to start an active guild orientated guild with new players in the game now is an almost impossible task

I do honestly not say this to put the game down at all. The world of on line games is always changing. And INNO has done a great job of developing this game to keep it going for so many years. However I do believe they should be looking for some new aspect that would bring the idea of team work, co-operation and the fun that brings back to the game. Over the last few years, with the emphasis being on single person games (which are really all a version of the same theme) A people centered development to FoE might just work well.

You know this already exists (gvg) and just needs to be made available for mobile players. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
It is not possible to get GvG onto the mobile game. It is a pity they cannot find some way as I think that together GE, GBG, PVP and GvG all help to balance the game. GE is a great place to try out fighting with different troop combos when you first move up an Era. And is great for teaching newbies how to use troops best. And it brings in rewards and stuff that help. And it has a slight amount of competition. Can be fun racing guild mates to see who can finish fastest as well. PVP is (or could be) another great learning tool. GBG is great for the personal rewards And it does require guild members to work together. And Even though to be good at it you do have to learn the strategies involved, it can get to be a bit predictable. GVG is more of a wild card where you can use all you learn to its best advantage. And Alliances made in both GBG and GvG can work across both. I feel GvG, even in its present flawed state can be utilized more and need not be confined to a sort time at recalc. I think that INNO is missing a great opportunity in not working out a way to weave the war side of the game into something bigger.

Last edited:

Sibel

Merchant
I think it is not only Beta where people gave up, or at least feel like running against windmills. And announcements like
  • The rewards of the Flying Island have been slightly improved
being published March 31, and not April 1, contribute to this feeling, in especial if no comments from the officials on this topic are published.

Owl II

Emperor
I have been thinking about this. Maybe it is not so much folks giving up on Beta. It it just the way newer player look at gaming these days. They are used to single player games where they do not need to have contact with other players. They do not GET the research and development side of Beta any longer. To a lot of newer players they see Beta as a place to come and park in. Simply to get advanced knowledge of what the next Event or game addition will be. And woop-de-doo INNO gives them free diamonds. They do not realize why. They complain when things go wrong just as they would complain about things going wrong on the live servers. Beta is simply one more world. If they want communication at all they just want social media type content.

Nothing to add

Gvdbvbvedd

Farmer
I did not gave up on Beta, it's just to time consuming to rebuild a full city on beta i started a few time ago to test PvP champ, and around mid Iron Age, i gave up take to much time and i don't want to go thru the whole process of building a city, i did try the events, but my city is not develop enought to finish it without spending.

if ee could import our actual city ( full with same ressource, inventory, etc.. ) and test new features like we wil use it when that will be released on live server, that would be great and you'll probaly get lot of new Tester

or if we could start a city ( and reset it when we want ) at a specific point with some ressources already in, people could try event at their actual age in real world, try new ages, try all functionnality at differents ages

for this you would have to remove the competition side on beta even remove diamond buy so we could really test new functionnality.

Big Baloney

Farmer
I did not gave up on Beta, it's just to time consuming to rebuild a full city on beta i started a few time ago to test PvP champ, and around mid Iron Age, i gave up take to much time and i don't want to go thru the whole process of building a city, i did try the events, but my city is not develop enought to finish it without spending.

if ee could import our actual city ( full with same ressource, inventory, etc.. ) and test new features like we wil use it when that will be released on live server, that would be great and you'll probaly get lot of new Tester

or if we could start a city ( and reset it when we want ) at a specific point with some ressources already in, people could try event at their actual age in real world, try new ages, try all functionnality at differents ages

for this you would have to remove the competition side on beta even remove diamond buy so we could really test new functionnality.
yes, importing or converting or whatever from 1 live city would give commitment because you can test you most played live city on the beta changes, you can make it so that you can do this every xx days or whatever they need to monitor the process or block import on some running events.
easy going, just delete your current city on beta, hit the import live city to beat, convert it and 24 hours later after the beta reset your live city is converted on beta and you can start playing or preparing for the next event/ age or whatever is planned to test on beta, that would be a great and commitment idea, but as always good ideas will nerved orsimple ignore :)