• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Have we all given up on beta?

Praeceptor

Marquis
I'm seeing less and less engagement with testing here. We had the update to 1.200 and for some reason there was no feedback thread created for the announcement (suspicious?). In the past there would have been a quick response to that, and people would have been asking all sorts of questions about what effect the update would have. There was one thing in the announcement which has caused a great deal of speculation previously...

We have fixed an exploit that allowed players to generate endless coins and supplies.

There is some suspicion that this is related to the "accidental/deliberate" slowdown in RQs which has now been fixed, yet no one seems interested in what has happened. Is there now a limit on RQs? Has the CF been nerfed?

Perhaps we're all just fed up with sneaky changes and having our feedback ignored.

Julian24

Viceroy
I'm seeing less and less engagement with testing here. We had the update to 1.200 and for some reason there was no feedback thread created for the announcement (suspicious?). In the past there would have been a quick response to that, and people would have been asking all sorts of questions about what effect the update would have. There was one thing in the announcement which has caused a great deal of speculation previously...
We never had a feedback thread for reference changelogs here...

Umbrathor

Baronet
I see no reason whatsoever to think that any significan number of people have given up on beta. Interpreting a slow(er) or low(er) response to a change as a major loss of interest in the game seems to me like jumping to conclusions.

And even if a lot of people would at some point stop testing / playing on beta, chalking that down to "we're all just fed up with sneaky changes and having our feedback ignored" seems not just like jumping to conclusions, but like welcoming an event as proof of a predetermined conclusion.

A conclusion I do not agree with, by the way. I am not aware of any sneaky changes, and have seen Inno make changes based on feedback often enough to know that feedback is defintely not ignored.

If Inno has a fault, it is not communicating about their reasons for (not) implementing specific changes based on feedback. A major fault, sure, but a completely different one.

Praeceptor

Marquis
If Inno has a fault, it is not communicating about their reasons for (not) implementing specific changes based on feedback. A major fault, sure, but a completely different one.
I totally agree, but I detect a sense of despondency recently that I've not seen before. Perhaps it's just me, but after all the posts about the RQ slowdown I would have expected some interest in the latest update.

Big Baloney

Farmer
not able to test SAV (only big spenders got invite), ignoring feedback, etc. etc. Also the game got so big, I closed my active playing on beta, and some other worlds. So now we just test on live, because ignoring feedback means they just nerf and implement what ever they want so not worth my time.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
I get you're frustrated with some of the decisions being made. You care about the game. Caring for the game is a good thing. However there is a big difference between feedback being used to effect the final decision and just blindly following feedback given. Sometimes Inno will agree with you, sometimes they won't. Not having a certain outcome doesn't necessarily mean you were ignored. It can simply mean it was discussed and they came to a different conclusion from what you wanted.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I get you're frustrated with some of the decisions being made. You care about the game. Caring for the game is a good thing. However there is a big difference between feedback being used to effect the final decision and just blindly following feedback given. Sometimes Inno will agree with you, sometimes they won't. Not having a certain outcome doesn't necessarily mean you were ignored. It can simply mean it was discussed and they came to a different conclusion from what you wanted.

And I think most people understand that. What most want to see is the process be more interactive - i.e. more frequently have the community representative able to say something more than "your concerns have been forwarded". Give us an occasional reason why they disagreed. Or a simple "we don't have the time to make meaningful changes to this at the moment"

It doesn't have to be about everything. But if it seems like we don't get honest communication back at least some of the time and they do things like ram a change onto the international server as a partial release after deafening silence to our concerns because they're determined they're right and need another bunch of players to tell them the exact same things all over again... It can feel like we shouldn't bother to use beta as anything more than a sneak peek.

-Alin-

Emperor
We still don't know why some people are missing this buttonView attachment 6856
i can't see any response from CM or the mods to this on the archaelogy feeedback thread, its been what 4 days?

Not to mention some of us were able to shuffle their daily prize and got „sentinel outpost upgrade” after the day it was the sentinel tower as daily ...
Inno really need to reply about this, its unfair for everyone.