• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Have we all given up on beta?

Julian24

Viceroy
Double payment of FPs for example. Still happening.
What double payments? I invest a lot of fps daily and did never have a problem.
Unattached flags at GbG which should be gone (at least I think this problem still exists).
I did not see this issue for the last couple of months.
Problems when changing GvG maps.
I do daily GvG and don't have issues there (except the one, where you had to reload the game, which was fixed).

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
For clarification, it's a reference log.
On the Beta we do not have '1.200 update', the changes in these changelogs have already been deployed on the Beta server via the daily update in the weeks prior of the update on the live servers.
The reference changelogs are posted to inform the players of the update itself.
The moment the update is deployed on the live servers, we already are half an update ahead in updates, changes and bugfixes on the Beta server.

exstreme

Farmer
There is some suspicion that this is related to the "accidental/deliberate" slowdown in RQs which has now been fixed, yet no one seems interested in what has happened. Is there now a limit on RQs? Has the CF been nerfed?
I mean that RQs have nothing to do with it. Most likely there was some kind of vulnerability, it was possible to buy a building for 1000 coins and resources, and sell it for 2000. And it is quite logical that the vulnerability is not announced for elementary security reasons.

Sibel

Merchant
I do not think so. The prices are fixed (even with the level of your guild), and when selling, you get a fixed percentage of the price back. So, no profit is possible.

There used to be a quest with inhabitants which could be solved by building and removing an IE goods production building, but as far as I can remember, this quest was cancelled.

iPenguinPat

Squire
I did not see this issue for the last couple of months.

I do daily GvG and don't have issues there (except the one, where you had to reload the game, which was fixed).

Gbg flag issue has happened to us at least once every season the last 3 months.. We have been reporting this issue every time for at least 10 months... At least!!!

Gvg -- still get kicked with internal errors often. And get stuck loading map when jumping between ages using drop-down. That's a given at this point.

Praeceptor

Marquis
One of the first things that started my doubts about beta testing was the debacle over double wave fights a few years ago. To prevent players exploiting battle points by aborting between the first and second wave, the devs just discounted the first wave points and doubled the second wave. There were plenty of complaints at the time, but it's never been resolved.

Even my first year programming students can add up two numbers.

This "dirty fix" has never been replaced by a proper calculation. Ever since then I've wondered about the level of commitment to our views. Something which would take a novice programmer a few minutes to resolve gets ignored. Probably not that important in the grand scheme of things, but it still irritates me.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
I have already apologized for calling it an announcement, but the fact remains that whatever it is called there was no response from the players, which supports my premise that lots of us are losing interest in beta.
I see your point of view. The way I see Beta and the Beta forum over the course of a
few years is slightly different. In general daily changes building up to the next update
doesn't get much intention indeed. While it's for me impossible to talk for others,
personally experience those often as minor, uninteresting and many times when I do
check scrolling to ''not player related'' or bug fixes. It's difficult to give on such
subjects a meaningful response if you ask me.
I mean what's there to said about bug fixes, cheers up guys a few minor bugs
where fixed or ''not player related'' I dunno what was done but keep up the good
work. To me would be hilarious to see a topic filled with such comments but pretty
useless.
In the other hand bigger changes and updates, events, rolling out a new feature,
introducing a new age, etc. gets lots intention. For me personally are those the
most interesting and easiest to provide meaningful or the very least some
feedback on.
From my observations are those heavily tested and tried out by many players throughout
the entire community. Even a few have set up YouTube channels based off such. I don't
see a decline, rather an increase of it instead. Sure enough a few players are annoyed
that they can't enter the latest age on Beta for testing but some Beta players invested lots
of time and worked themselves up to that position to be able to play those ages. While
a few fortunate players getting the chance to join temporarily Beta starting in the freshly
introduced age for testing. Something that only happened recently if I'm not mistaken since
SAAB went into Beta.

In short indeed there's hardly any feedback is given on daily changes but interpret it
differently.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
What is the beta for?
A new GB is proposed, you have feedback on the unattractiveness but you only think that if it was built en masse on this server, it will be the same on lives.
You just have to see what happened with the virgo!
And again, you don't learn from your mistakes.
I could give several justified examples of negative feedback from beta players that was not taken into account by Innogames.
Honestly, I no longer understand the interest of the Beta server, apart from the bugs and only the bugs!

thelegend88

Squire
When SAV was announced it created a lot of interest for all especially players in SAAB, including me. As we all wanted to prepare for advancement when it gets released on live servers and we all wanted to test it.
But this is beta center which does not allow seasoned players testing of the new features.

Would it not be logical that experienced players and veterans of this game would have the ability to do so as players like that can provide relevant and valuable feedback since they posses a certain level of game knowledge?

If it was me, I would allow my players who are in SAAB to have a go, they would get an exact copy of their cities from live server where they play recreated in beta server so they can actually test it, not asking them to play the game from stone age... That would be beta testing and not this.

Heath00INT

Farmer
There are a good fair amount of experienced players on the beta server testing the new releases
A lot of these players do not use the forums, this includes the live server forums.
There more information and chat on the game in private chat communities , where there no red tape imposed.

Heath00INT

Farmer
As I said before , there more information and activity on private community discussions.
No Inno red tape, players want transparency, they love this game but but but ......

Just Clear your cache and keep quiet , they know already :confused:
so why do they need us ?
Is it just to confirm what they already know

Thunderdome

Emperor
Perhaps they knew that we were right all along...

Nah, I didn't make the beta scene for a couple of weeks due to some real life issues I had going that were sorted out. I kind of gave up on the game when being annoyed by the zoom BUG after each production collection and set up. I will join back into the scene once I am done.