• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2021

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
So for me the daily special is the most important thing (I don't care about Horror Circuit, its terrible and I won't bother with it or the calendar).

I'm stunned with the lack of daily pumpkins showing up... tons of light bulbs, teddy bears and other such things. I burned through about 1600 tickets with a daily house of horrors prize and never got a single daily special! Make more daily special items pop up please...too many blank fogs.

It's been this way for Hallowe'en and Archaeology for a while (I'm not sure it was the first year). It's not been a huge problem for Hallowe'en because the grand prize the last two years has been amazing. Though last year I made the note to guildmates not to get their hopes up at finishing additional Asylums because the special rate is abysmal.

Most events aim to let you take home about 10 specials worth with the free currency, and additional specials for 1000-1500 diamonds each on average. There's a few that are really good for specials, and then there's Hallowe'en, Archaeology, and St Patrick's that are abysmal for them (maybe 5ish and >2k diamonds per additional special).

I do wish they'd either make pumpkins more common or improve their special %. But if not I'm ok with that too ultimately. Events are basically free stuff, and there's so many of them nowadays that if there's an event with an uninspiring grand prize and poor chance at winning useful specials, an event off is not unwelcome.

Probably won't decide til it goes to live whether I play it or skip it. I've never tried a digging event where I ignore the grand prize entirely - might be worth a crack to see how much further you can stretch your tools by treating lightbulbs as empty squares.

jlive2013

Farmer
I am simple stopping paying event. I cannot see why it should be so difficult go collect this in event anymore. In day 3 I spend all my Itens to find the daily Sticker. Now today I have used all my items agin. BUT I haven't found the daily sticker. Whis mean now that I cannot collect all 21 Calendar collection, without spending Diamons.
I am sure that it will being the same on Live servers, because the developer team simple don't care.
Hope you all a great event.

CrashBoom

Legend
BUT I haven't found the daily sticker. Whis mean now that I cannot collect all 21 Calendar collection, without spending Diamons.
why spending diamonds ?

5 daily challenges = 1 sticker

so doing the daily challenge every day during the event gives you 4 daily stickers

jlive2013

Farmer
@CrashBoom. I know that. That is what I am using. BUT this is not possible, because it is so hard to get the stickers these 4 days it is simple not possible. I don't have any more items, and I haven't got the one from today, and what about tomorrow. Need that also, before I kan use the next 5 daily challenges stickers

hades8840

Squire
@CrashBoom. I know that. That is what I am using. BUT this is not possible, because it is so hard to get the stickers these 4 days it is simple not possible. I don't have any more items, and I haven't got the one from today, and what about tomorrow. Need that also, before I kan use the next 5 daily challenges stickers
I been able to each day I stop as soon as I find the sticker as to not waste any... I have done the toy shop quests over and over as they pay 20 tickets each plus the 145 you get a day means you can grab the big pack every 2-3 days

jlive2013

Farmer
@hades8840. Same here. Stop a soon I got, it. But have spent over 60 of each items just today, and still haven't found it. So Now I cannot gey any without using diamons, and have to use diamons for getting the sticker for today. And I will only could by new items in 2 days for now, (To get enoght to have 395). But I am sure that the stickers are comming just have using 1 or 2 items, so BYE, BYE event

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
The set was overpowered when it cane to FPs, so I don't mind the nerf there. You can still get very nice FP layouts of over 0.7 fps/tile, which is among the best.

However, as mentioned before the change is a big nerf to attack boost layouts. The intention might be good, but the implementation is quite bad. The base design gets slightly more,but it's a massive nerf to custom layouts. The fact that you need 3 set bonuses to get the attack boost from the teacup makes it very inefficient, and the nerf to the organ makes those designs even more inefficient than they were :( I really hope there are some improvements in regards to that, I really want to like this set, but atm the numbers are simply too low for the number of unique set buildings you need.

Astrid

Baronet
The set was quite disappointing right from the start, now it's even worse. The daily specials are good but the chance to get those is quite low so many will be tempted to spend diamonds. The calendar is easy to complete, I had no problems completing the Archeology one and this one is just the same. But my biggest issue with this event is the toys, I always missed the last one from Archeology / Halloween even though I always bought 1000 extra tickets with diamonds.

Nick Banned

Merchant
I've opened a request, asking if there really was a real chance to get the Asylum Selection-Kit.
I spent about 1000 tickets + 500 tickets buyed with 2k diamonds and got not even one.
Same by my guildmembers. Same by some friends I asked. It seems, no one gets at least one Kit. I'm really disappointed.
Did some one of you won at least one Asylum Selection-Kit?

hades8840

Squire
I've opened a request, asking if there really was a real chance to get the Asylum Selection-Kit.
I spent about 1000 tickets + 500 tickets buyed with 2k diamonds and got not even one.
Same by my guildmembers. Same by some friends I asked. It seems, no one gets at least one Kit. I'm really disappointed.
I got one and that was after all the tickets earned and 2k diamonds I did ask support as with previous event the chance of the daily special was much better or at least how you obtained them showed up more often they told me to remember its a % per pumpkin not overall so nothing wrong ..which is laughable seeing what so many have spent

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
No but I don't keep the illusion to get any daily from Halloween. With 10% chance considering
to be the ''high'' chance, I'm just ignoring the dailies. You've a better chance to sit and wait
for the AD to spawn one you can get, than praying for one to drop during this event.
I got one and that was after all the tickets earned and 2k diamonds I did ask support as with previous event the chance of the daily special was much better or at least how you obtained them showed up more often they told me to remember its a % per pumpkin not overall so nothing wrong ..which is laughable seeing what so many have spent
That's the knock out argument with the luck based stuff. Similar if you have bad luck with summer
event, you can end up with 0 golden prizes at the end of the event with all currency used. Personally
I can strongly recommend not spending any diamonds on this event. As the spawn ratio of pumpkins
and the chances for dailies are too low.
There are many events in which your diamonds can be spend on which yielding better chances and
results then Halloween 21. In my opinion the set is barely good enough for temporary ascetics but
as soon something better shows up behind the corner of next year's events...

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I did get 1 asylum kit myself (I had a lvl 8 asylum from previous years so trying for the last one did make some sense).

Tracking the pumpkins I opened along the way it seemed I was getting ~40-50% worth of expectation value for daily specials per set of tools while ignoring lightbulbs. So about 2-2.5 toolsets per special on average - which would be about 4k diamonds/special.

So 4-5 toolsets between specials would probably be "normal" bad luck that you should expect to see at some points. (While occasionally you might also get a couple specials from a single toolset).

To reiterate advice from others: this is a bad event to buy diamonds for the sake of winning specials as it is currently balanced.

almadies

Farmer
on classic worlds I will advise players of my guilds not to try to win anything with this event
and not only to beginner players (for them it is impossible to carry out certain daily quests to get the tickets)
few really interesting gifts, few pumpkins, always the same bears, the calendar ticket uses too many items to be won each day ...
for me this event is the least interesting of the year!

hades8840

Squire
on classic worlds I will advise players of my guilds not to try to win anything with this event
and not only to beginner players (for them it is impossible to carry out certain daily quests to get the tickets)
few really interesting gifts, few pumpkins, always the same bears, the calendar ticket uses too many items to be won each day ...
for me this event is the least interesting of the year!
I would still call myself a beginner player started end of july yet havent seen a quest yet I couldnt do