• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2019

qaccy

Emperor
@an inhabitant of carcosa I believe the person you're replying to is a bit...bad at getting their meaning across, especially when they seemingly contradict themselves. They want a boost to defense while attacking, something that's currently only achievable via GBs (and IMO, should stay that way). In any case, anything not directly related to the event is technically off-topic and only hurts the feedback process because all the relevant stuff gets buried under discussions of GBs and other things that don't need to be in this thread.

Besides, the most important issue here is the grand prize boosting population. I think the building should either be renamed, or the effects should be changed such that the population is removed and something else is given in its place. Admittedly, I don't think happiness would make sense either (decrepit buildings don't really lend themselves to increasing property value) so maybe, to go along with the attack boost, it could produce random units from the player's age as well? 5x5 is quite a large building, so perhaps 2 units at max level would be appropriate?

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Besides, the most important issue here is the grand prize boosting population. I think the building should either be renamed, or the effects should be changed such that the population is removed and something else is given in its place.

Right, because why would an "abandoned asylum" give population? I chuckled when I saw that.

Admittedly, I don't think happiness would make sense either (decrepit buildings don't really lend themselves to increasing property value)

Unless, of course, you live in a neighborhood where they're all Addamses or Munsters...:D

to go along with the attack boost, it could produce random units from the player's age as well? 5x5 is quite a large building, so perhaps 2 units at max level would be appropriate?

I like that. A lot.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Please remove the population. 1-20 people tops. It completely undermines the building's lore. Also, the population, if it is to be left there, is way too high. For example, in IA the AA gives 980 pop when fully leveled. Houses taking up the same space in HMA would give 5 pop less than the IA AA*. This population is over the top. If you want to change it to happiness, go for it. If you want to make it provide happiness equal to the pop it provides, okay. But there has been such an influx of residential buildings that this is over the top.

Look, I get that population is helpful, but only to a point. We need more main event buildings that give happiness for the game to become more balanced. Currently, it is way over-weighted towards the population. This event is good, but I can't say I'll enjoy it because of the massive population imbalance. Definitely needs to change for this event to be a hit. And I can assure you, if it is changed, this will be an amazingly awesome event.

*Based off of the Town House, which gives 156 pop in 4 tiles. 25(156/4) = 975.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Actually, why not take away the population, add negative happiness, and boost something (whether goods, FP, or the boost). That would make it much more of a balanced building, fitting into its lore and everything.

DeletedUser10057

i like very much this event,
only sad by the final reward of the book buried, 3 fragments of a upgrade it´s seems very low
do i must do 5 books (25 missions) for only one upgrade for a bulding that i don´t even have?
don´t seems right
i also prefer if the prize for the missions of the books (not the final reward) were candies

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
So far, enjoying the mini-game event (like archeology) and find the addition of the book quests a nice addition.
As several others have mentioned:
1) either remove population and replace with 2 random troops (my preference) or balance pop with equal amount of happiness;
2) And in either case, it really should not be called "abandoned". Maybe if it was filled with a bunch of ghoul squatters that could cover population. If adding happiness, well, ....I suppose Stephen King would find it a happy place..... Or just call it "Accursed Asylum"
3) Yeah, doing additional book quests for fragments is a let down. Let's have a decent reward for making the extra effort.
4) Attack boost is great; I certainly am looking forward to getting that.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9666

I do not think the Asylum is really abandoned. The lights are on. :)

The book mini-quests are interesting. Too bad the very weak rewards ruin the excitement about this new feature for me. I might do 1-2 to see how it works and abandon the rest.
Perhaps it is not too late for Inno to do some magic and turn these... not so desirable stuff into something... enchanting?

DeletedUser7624

@Zarok Dai - just to make sure: if I can get each book more than once does it mean I will 100% get each book at least once during event or it is possible that (assuming I will complete all quests and collect daily candies) I could possibly NOT find 1 or more books which will lead me to being unable to claim libratlrian special prize!
Thank you!

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
@Zarok Dai - just to make sure: if I can get each book more than once does it mean I will 100% get each book at least once during event or it is possible that (assuming I will complete all quests and collect daily candies) I could possibly NOT find 1 or more books which will lead me to being unable to claim libratlrian special prize!
Thank you!
As I assume the books generate randomly, there is a good chance that not everybody (even with max effort without buying candy for diamonds) will have the chance to get all the books... If the rewards for the individual book questlines were more enticing, it would be a good reason to invest diamonds to get more book quests...

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
The golden book story is the only one that gives decent rewards so far... 2 fp for quest 3 and a one-up kit for quest 4.
Quest 5 gives the Mad Scientists Lab, but that is only so-so...

I personally would like to see candy (maybe about 20) instead of the coins/supplies packages or some candy (maybe 50-100) additionally to the current quest 5 rewards...

Last edited:

qaccy

Emperor
there's no such thing as "more attack % not being worth it% ;) i have 850% on my main server now and look forward to seeing it reach 1000% in a few weeks/months ;)

Sure there is; I think it's a good question to ask. Sure, having more is 'better' but at some point, increasing that number doesn't really do much in exchange for the space you're giving up. What's the difference between 850 and 1000% if it still takes you the same number of attacks to kill something?