• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Hall of Fame - produces prestige in stead of power

DeletedUser1418

Problem description.
Since introduction, the guild ranks exploded as the Halls of Fame awards both prestige points and power-points, instead of power-points only.
The problem is the additional awarded prestige points. By game design prestige is calculated by the accumulated power points from acquired sectors cross GvG provinces and the prestige bonus awarded from your guild level. The building should clearly award just the power points, meaning helping the guild to level faster.

Is there a reason why it gives prestige as well? It now runs on the production servers and there is mass anger about this... :mad:

DeletedUser2752

It does not produce prestige directly:
The Hall of Fame gives power to the guild. Prestige is calculated by total power gained plus any bonus prestige from your guild level, so if you do not collect from your Hall of Fames (or if it isn't motivated as it normally was), you don't gain the power that you potentially gained before and thus loose power.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

why Prestige is included ??
it is simple:
because
Prestige = power generated by a guild at that day + guild prestige bonus

so more power = more prestige

hall of Fame only give "Guild Power"
it gives Guild Power. but where in the game I can find the word "only" :confused:

conqueror9

Regent
Thanks

i do not know
Prestige = power generated by a guild at that day + guild prestige bonus

i alwasy treat it as
Prestige = guild prestige bonus

my mistakes

thanks

DeletedUser1418

It does not produce prestige directly:

Though I agree (as a player) it should not give prestige, the Hall of Fame is working as intended and therefore this is not a bug.

Sorry Byeordie, this is defo a bug. The building should produce power and advance the guild level bonus only, not both guild level and ranking. To award prestige for owning a hall of Fame is not the intention of this building.

On our National servers this is pointed as an error by our game mods that out, so therefor, please change the status to confirmed.

Note also the icon indicators:
Powers are indicated by a crown icon (you will find this in guild level),
Prestige points are indicated by a victory laurel, which is rewarded in 2 ways. 1) guild level bonus, and 2) calculated poweres held on GvG

DeletedUser2752

Cool, then will just wait for the change-log before officially changing it

EDIT: Change-log goes up, bug goes down ;) Glad that's over with :)