• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

GvsG future

• Thread starter DeletedUser9717
  • Start date

DeletedUser9717

Hello all,

I am a frequent reader of beta forum, a player on Spanish servers and I know that people here have a deep knowledge about FOE.

For that I would like to know your impressions about what is going to happen with GvsG. I know that almost a year ago (I do not remember the exact post) it was published that "All eras map" would be the last GvsG map on been released, something which gives a clear image about the plan for GvsG since Inno.

However related with GvsG, at least in my community, there still are a lot of complaints about:

- What to do with goods from Artic Future in onwards. There are stored in the guild treasure without other use than unlocking guild expedition levels and new maps for GvsG would be a good solution for that. Furhtermore, new maps for fighting are highly demanded in the Spanish community (I do not know in others... but I suppose it is similar).

- The improvement of GvsG. Even after the announcement of the "end of the GvsG map" improvements, there are a lot of new suggestions in the threat of "New ideas and suggestions" and they involve the highest amount of participants (even when there is no response for Innogames in that sense).

Then, considering that Innogames has been/is working in new features (the reconstruction mode, the settelments, etc.) and has paid attention to other demands by the players (neighborhood by eras) do you think that Inno could reconsider its posture in GvsG and add new features or modified it, or making suggestions about that it is a waste of time?

Regards!

DeletedUser8859

However related with GvsG, at least in my community, there still are a lot of complaints about:
  • No solo en comunidades que usan el español.
  • Not only in Spanish communities...

Then, considering that Innogames has been/is working in new features (the reconstruction mode, the settelments, etc.) and has paid attention to other demands by the players (neighborhood by eras) do you think that Inno could reconsider its posture in GvsG and add new features or modified it, or making suggestions about that it is a waste of time?
  • Muchos jugadores / gremios buscan mejoras en GvsG, pero todo luce que no hay desarrollo planificado en esa direccion.
  • Many players / guilds look for improvement in GvG, but it seems that there no further development is directed there.

shad2389

Viceroy
pls watch this
Please watch this ... especially at timestap 20:00
This is all he said :

Will GvG (Guild versus Guild) will be sometimes also avaible for mobile devices?

- Good question, exciting question!
In fact a topic in which we are looking right now.
That NOT means that we implement it right now!
But we think about it, because we say
"Hey, we have this feature on browser"
It's a feature which have both sides. Good things and bad things.
At least the last years were feedback that we have many space to optimize it.
And now we looking into it and say:
"Hey, which parts we can optimize?"
Without loosing the essence of the feature.
And are we able to do that on mobile?
Because there are special requirements, also technical requirements where we are looking into right now.
So, I cannot say "Yes, it will come!"
But I will say: "Yes, it's a topic where we are active looking into!"
And where we see that there are demands to build a feature where guilds can fight on mobile devices.Besides the Guild Expeditions.
And I'm sure that something will come next year in this direction.
- Oh, I'm very excited about this!

So ... i all this there was no defenite Yes an No ... so in this we need to wait and see .. maybe they just make it happen and surprise us ...

DeletedUser7731

HELLO
On all worlds the same concern, the gdg interested less and less people, for x reasons.
Personally, I think that it should be replaced by cards that are part of a reset every year, which could revive its interest.
Not to mention a possibility for mobile players to participate.
Delete the daily cacul, prohibit the relapsed recovery, have a minimum of players share guild to participate.
With a monthly or yearly gain.
A good reset of guild warfare would probably be a plus for foe is the players.
Best regards

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
HELLO
On all worlds the same concern, the gdg interested less and less people, for x reasons.
........ have a minimum of players share guild to participate.
you counted?
I do not see that on .fr
And why ban a guild with 1 player alone?
He has only difficulties and no advantage.
On .fr I am alone for 2 years, no one blames me.

rather remove the ridiculous spearfighter, and the endless battles against champions.

DeletedUser7731

HELLO
Yes I play on x worlds, my main fell-drangir (f).
I think the game is based on caring, trading etc, guild war at the bass was good for creating fun for many.
Most of the guilds with can of players try to make lachés occasions to make points to a classification which does not mean anything more.
By forbidding the gdc to the small guilds that will force them to grow is to give a meaning to the gdg, not ??
The gdc could come back to the center of the game as it started, by changing it, and as we are on beta.
I think that this will serve all the ideas of all and all its participants from all countries, could give a revival.
Best regards

DeletedUser4911

and remove the autoclick thing on the gvg..

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-12-24 - It is strictly forbidden to use bots or scripts.
Asking for such a 'program' is also forbidden :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

shad2389

Viceroy
if you use bots and get caught you'll get banned from game

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-12-24 - quote has been deleted.

DeletedUser8859

rather remove the ridiculous spearfighter, and the endless battles against champions.

I understand the spear fighters issue... but what about champions? What is the problem to set an army using Champions only? Please explain.

DeletedUser8859

Many players / guilds look for improvement in GvG, but it seems that there no further development is directed there.

So, I cannot say "Yes, it will come!"
But I will say: "Yes, it's a topic where we are active looking into!"
And where we see that there are demands to build a feature where guilds can fight on mobile devices. Besides the Guild Expeditions.
And I'm sure that something will come next year in this direction.
- Oh, I'm very excited about this!

Well, we wait and see. Hope they design something to fix some of the issues and revamp in a way the GvG.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
I understand the spear fighters issue... but what about champions? What is the problem to set an army using Champions only? Please explain.

Guilde A: secteur 10-10 ----------> 8 x 8 champions,
Guilde B: secteur 10-11 ----------> 8 x 8 champions,

Guilde A: 79 combats contre 10-11 (avec Rocket Troop) , Guilde B: 79 combats contre 10-10 (avec Rocket Troop) (1 défense restante dans chaque secteur).

Guilde A: 79 combats contre 10-11, Guilde B: 79 combats contre 10-10 (reste 1 défense dans chaque secteur).

Guilde A: 79 combats contre 10-11, Guilde B: 79 combats contre 10-10 (reste 1 défense dans chaque secteur).

-----------> Des millions de points pour les joueurs sans perdre de secteur.

Translation:
Guild A: sector 10-10 ----------> 8 x 8 champions,
Guild B: sector 10-11 ----------> 8 x 8 champions,

Guild A: 79 fights against 10-11 (with Rocket Troop), Guild B: 79 fights against 10-10 (with Rocket Troop) (1 defense remaining in each sector).

Guild A: 79 fights against 10-11, Guild B: 79 fights against 10-10 (rest 1 defense in each sector).

Guild A: 79 fights against 10-11, Guild B: 79 fights against 10-10 (rest 1 defense in each sector).

-----------> Millions of points for the players without losing sector.

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-12-25
Please provide an English translation when you post on the Beta-forum in another language!

DeletedUser8859

So two (2) guilds fight each other for a sector from the other guild, but stop fighting at battle 79 so the sector is not lost/conquered. The whole issue was to gain battle points for ranking, not to win a sector.

But, what difference it makes using 8 Champions vs any other units combination as Defense Army?
Defeating a Champion gives a little more battle points than a Regular Heavy or Light Unit?

As I see it the problem is not to set an 8 Champions Defense Army, but the agreement of the two guilds to do 79 Fights and then stop and not finishing the sector at battle 80. What would be the solution?
  • Program a rule that would not allow to use 8 Champions?
    • Would not work, guilds would set a DA of 7 Champions + a Fast units or Heavy Unit and you would see the same scenario.
  • Force the guild to continue battling until battle 80?
    • But what if a guild attack with the intention of winning the sector, but in the process the guild notices they cant win? The solution would force the guild to continue battling and losing units without the option of withdraw from battle field.
    • Sometimes you attack a sector just to see how fast is the other guild to notice the siege and react. The rule would force to continue until battle 80 when your intention was only a test.

Mithrandir

Merchant
I find it amazing the amount of complaints from players about spears etc, the answer is simple if you want to take and hold sectors, then be prepared to defend them. You can't just take sectors and expect others to ignore just because you do not want to give the time to defend or maintain your holdings.
GvG is a game within a game and in effect requires attention and action daily, if you are not prepared to do that, then please don't come crying to the forums because some of us do and therefore make headway.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
What would be the solution?

My first thought was that the defending side should loose as many points as the attacker side wins - but that would not work as the defending side is a guild while the attacking side is an individual. That led me to thinking that GvG fights could just be excluded from giving points for the individual rankings.

Also, giving up sectors could come with a punishment.

Luke Stark

Marquis
Why bother since the one You get the proof is the one who does not want this to hit the light of day ;)

as Mithrander wrote, why even bother ;)

DeletedUser8859

Also, giving up sectors could come with a punishment.
  • Guild lose ranking points those sectors were providing.
  • Guild lose goods invested in conquer them.
  • Guild lose units assigned to DA's in those sectors.