• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: GvG: Maps stops updating at some point (looses Sync) [32360]

Andi47

Overlord
Reproduction Steps:
1.) be on the GvG map (no matter which era) to guard it some time (YES, people are doing this during wars with other guilds)
2.) after some time (sometimes after a few seconds, sometimes after minutes) the map looses sync, i.e. no more updating.
Result: the guard player doesn't see any hostile siege - and he won't see when the guild looses one or more sectors despite constantly staring on the map.
Expected: the map should stay in sync with the server no matter how long someone is staring on the map.

Issue Description (9.5/10): When a GvG era map is open, after some time it falls out of sync (from this point, nothing, what happens on the map, is visible on the screen: no hostile siege, no blimps when someone is fighting against sieges or against the sector deff, and nothing to see when the guild looses a sector). It is next to impossible to tell, what causes the "out of sync", because when staring on the map while (seemingly) nothing happens, it is impossible to see whether the map is still in sync or not.

Note: As hostile sieges are not visible due to this bug after some time, I would consider this as a MAJOR (because game-deciding) bug!

Player:
World:
Operating System:
Browser Version:
Viewport Size:

1.116.a60268bec6 (13.12.2017 10:43), Andi47 (868769), de8, de_DE, WIN 28,0,0,126, Windows 10, Chrome/63.0.3239.132, 1920x949, OpenGL (Baseline Extended) (336 MB VRAM)

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: YES. I REPEATEDLY reported this on .de server (respectively "bumped" the respective thread) and to support since last SUMMER - and finally got fobbed off by the support with the answer that I should not have great hopes that this will be fixed soon :-(

Therefore my last hope is reporting it here on beta.

Andi47

Overlord
I see that I did report this not only in the .de forum and to the .de support, but also here - TWO months ago. And that thread does not even have an "investigating" tag.

So: "we should not make us big hopes that this gets fixed soon" on .de servers, no answer here - ¿are the developers even aware of this bug?

Sorry, but this one is not just annoying, it is GAME DECIDING:
  • the attacker can easily conquer sectors despite one or more guildmates of the defender guarding the map (and not seeing the siege due to the bug)
  • and on the other hand the defender (if he somehow becomes aware of a siege) can easily kill the siege and fill up the defense while the "quick finger" of the attacker is still waiting for the siege slot to become empty (which he never would see because of the bug) - for quickly replacing the siege
In the meantime all our GvG fighters are FED UP with this bug!!

@Zarok Dai or @NormaJeane - sorry for double posting (with a timely distance of almost exactly 2 months) - can you please merge the threads and REPORT the bug to the developers?

edit: corrected typo / wrong word

Last edited:

Amy Steele

Regent
Hi Andi, thanks for raising this issue again, and apologies that we did not get to it with your old thread on this same issue, which I will now archive.

Thanks for your patience so far, and my apologies again. It may take some time to investigate/reproduce this issue, but we will get there :)

Amy Steele

Regent
Not only can we reproduce this issue, but it is indeed already forwarded some time ago. Unfortunately it's proving to be rather a complex issue to resolve, so it may take some time yet before this can be fixed

DeletedUser7779

Would be great if Inno could prioritize that bug . It's become apparent in the past 1-2 months or so and is extremely annoying!
Not only that GVG maps lose sync after some time, it also happens that they're out of sync even on first map load. Some guildies on live server can't even see when we're under siege and also GVG log doesn't update in real time occasionally.

I understand it's not easy to fix, so how about stop working on events for a few months and focus on that? ;)

NorMags

Baronet
I don't think this is fixed, or it has returned. Had several guildmembers who did'nt see the siege or battles being done, had to go to overview and back in, then they could see the sectors had been taken.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
Thx for your reply Andi47!
I have moved this thread back to the general bugs forum and to investigating.

Anyone else encountering the same issue: please report with all relevant info you can supply!

Andi47

Overlord
It seems to happen especially (but not exlusively) around daily calculation. In my main world (.de8) we just had the case that the sectors weren't even "assigned" to the correct guilds in the display.

BTW: GvG is HEAVILY BUGGED since YEARS (with a DOZEN known LONG-STANDING bugs) - any chance that the developers will take care about these bugs in the next five or six years????

Cardena

Squire
It does not only happen around recalc. Sometimes (Hours before recalc) when I am putting an army in the sector it does not show the army in the sector, I will have to leave and reenter before seeing the army in the sector.