• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: GvG: Automatic selection of previous army - even if the units are wrong era (e.g. Mars units on Tomorrow Era map)

Andi47

Overlord
Well... maybe this is more a design flaw than a bug. And I also considered to put it in the Ideas forum, but changes to GvG are on the "Do not suggest"-List, so the bugs forum is the only place to put this one:

I think most players who are playing GvG on a regular base, have seen similar situations:
1.) I'm in Mars age, so when fighting in GE or GBG, I use combinations of Mars Era units + Rogues. And after a number of these battles I often end up with a half-dead Mars Era army. (and yes, in most cases I don't remove the remaining units from my selected army)
2.) a bit later in GvG, few minutes before calculation in Tomorrow Era. It's a psychological game with a neighboring enemy guild: Release the sector a few seconds before calculation and try for a "Daily"? Or quickly deff it up a few seconds before calc - and go for attack on the neighboring enemy sector (which has a shield and just a one deff army before calc, so we have to wait until calc) a few seconds after calc? When acting too early, the enemy might react adequately and spoil our tactics, so it's all about acting quickly in the last few seconds.
3.) one day our guild decided to quickly deff up a few seconds before calculation. So I had our sector open, removed the Mars units from my selected army, and selected Tomorrow Era units for deff. Then I had an eye on the countdown and the finger (or rather the mouse pointer) on the button...
4.) A few seconds before calculation, I put my units into deff....
5.) ...and quickly select new Tomorrow Era units. But the button to put the deff army in stays gray.
6.) Aaaargh, a Mars Era unit autoselected into my army which is supposed for Tomorrow Era!! (in fact, that happens after 4.), but I just see it now)
7.) quickly deselect the Mars unit and select a Tomorrow unit and pushed the button to set the deff army
8.) already in hurry for a third deff army, I quickly select "any" Tomorrow Era units (no time to make sure to select good ones), but...
9.)
Aaaargh, again a Mars Era unit autoselected on Tomorrow Era Map!!
10.) deselected Mars Era unit, but too late to set the third army - time is up

--> same happens (but with other era units, e.g. when setting siege and then wanting to select a suitable army for fighting) when after fighting in Tomorrow Era we continue e.g. in Colonial Era - and then maybe in a third era.

Suggestion for the unit autoselection (autoselect unit types of previous army) in this case:
If the previous army contains "wrong era" units, either
....autoselect only the units of the "previous army", which are suitable for the current map
or
...when autoselecting, replace with same type of unit, but correct era; e.g. replace Fast Mars Era unit with Fast Colonial Era unit (and Mars Champion with Colonial Champion, etc.) when being on Colonial Era map.
or
... when the last army just went into Siege or deff army, autoselect an army of the same type which I just set into siege or deff (as long as I have enough suitable units in stock), no matter what I deselected for subsequently selecting my siege or deff units.

1.167.1967bb48966 (01.12.2019 19:54)

Last edited: