• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guilds

hades8840

Squire
Is there a search function for finding a guild I am looking for one and all the ones listed in the section for me to find a guild are all 1 one man guilds I dont seem to find a search function where I can type the name of a guild to have a look at it ..seems odd not to have one or did I just miss it

frogmoor

Farmer
I apologise if this is something that is asked a lot in the forum but it has just occurred for me so would like to ask people's opinions. My own understanding of guild membership is that, no matter how relaxed the guild, a basic level of membership manners is to visit daily (unless access to game is limited by circumstance-holiday, illness whatever...) and to contribute whatever one can to guild activities such as GE and GBG. This helps guild cohesion and shares the load when earning rewards that all members benefit from. There was discussion in the guild I have just left (for feelings of discomfort with the following issue) about this where it was made known that only half of the guild were taking part, contributing and indeed, visiting daily. So, my questions are: how does one find out what the level of participation is? Why would someone join a guild and not expect to take part in the activities as a trade-off for the benefits of being a member? And any number of issues arising from same, about which people may have ideas. I have personally become a guild of one for the time being, is this a viable position to play from, does the game support small guilds? I will probably join another guild in time but the whole thing was a bit too close to the politics of real life for relaxation time and don't really need that in-game...

Arya66

Squire
Some guilds don't care about that stuff. They mainly exist just to have a guild. If GE, aiding and that stuff matters to you, find a guild that requires it.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
how does one find out what the level of participation is?
Guild Description is usually the best indicator of what is expected of members.

Why would someone join a guild and not expect to take part in the activities as a trade-off for the benefits of being a member?
Finding a perfect fit for the level of support you provide/expect is rare. So usually someone will try to find a guild that meets their minimum expectations. Things they don't really want to do they'll either do anyways because they value the guild or hope for some tolerance if their contribution in other areas is valued.

Some things that you might wish were required wind up often not being so because it's painful for the leadership to enforce it. Things like trade etiquette, aid requirements, etc are a major headache if you want to enforce rules. Most guilds therefore just don't have such rules. Others have them but don't really enforce them.

And any number of issues arising from same, about which people may have ideas. I have personally become a guild of one for the time being, is this a viable position to play from, does the game support small guilds? I will probably join another guild in time but the whole thing was a bit too close to the politics of real life for relaxation time and don't really need that in-game...

A 1 person guild is viable for many things but is far from a perfect solution.

There are no activities that are outright blocked from you.

You can't get the boost of a championship win from GE unless you have at least 3 people, but you can still do GE (and unlock it easier than an inactive larger guild).

You will find GBG to be more challenging without people to share the burden- but that's not entirely a bad thing as you will be naturally insulated from the lack of parity at the top of the standings - it might even feel like a good system to you if you never find your way to diamond.

Guilds are often the best option to get support for levelling your great buildings (usually by 1.9 these days). You can find global threads instead often - but it's more work to do so.

How does one find out what the level of participation is?
  1. Guild Description should state the expectations for level of participation.
  2. Second option: Check for official messages from the Guild Leaders to detail what they expect form the members.
  3. Third option: Ask directly to a Guild Founder or Leader.
Why would someone join a guild and not expect to take part in the activities as a trade-off for the benefits of being a member?
  1. Well, some players just jump from one guild to another one just to check trades, invest at GBs, profit from guild benefits at Town Hall and then move on to a new one. They may settle at a guild for just minutes or a few days, until they find one that suits them.
I have personally become a guild of one for the time being, is this a viable position to play from, does the game support small guilds?
It can be done, but things will be harder vs being part of an active guild.​