• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Vs. Guild Improvements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Mithrandir

Merchant
Hi folks

What is plainly obvious here is

1/ Devs did not listen to us in the first place
2/ Although the title of this thread is GvG Improvements, we have seen none, in fact we have seen the return of older bugs
3/ From a great number of comments here, a portion of players want a "shoot fish in a barrel" aspect in the game i.e. GE and GbG, whilst others require a more real time interactive element such as GvG

If GvG was fixed then the game would hold enough elements to keep a majority of players happy.

What has upset a lot of players is the Dev's constant lack of input into GvG, and now with the statement of:

"In terms of what the future holds for GvG, we have made a number of changes outside of the GvG Timers changes that we will keep, and have had a positive impact on the overall performance and user experience of the feature. We will, of course, continue to address bugs found in GvG, but our main focus in terms of feature changes, or changes to the overall functionality of GvG will be refocused as our Development team shifts its efforts towards other upcoming features."

This only smacks us in the face, because there has been no positive impact on the feature and they are now saying there will be next to no input into GvG in the future.

Moderator note - removed comments regarding the Development Team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
I have deleted a number of posts that were not appropriate to the discussion. If you wish to report a player or Guild then please do so via the Support System, but do not discuss here.

dpghost

Steward
By going back to one reset a day and a 24 hours shield time, there is a clear advantage to those players native to the server timeframe
If that was the dev's intention - good to know

shad2389

Viceroy
They did try it on active servers. EN had it since Sep 25th. It’s been on a live server for 2 months.
yea you did but befor taking the changes away you could have tryed to change the reset times to fit player needs , you could have tryed as times 8 am , 3 pm , 11 pm those were the times where i was in Québec Canada playing on en server but for ppl in UK
one of those resets for ppl in UK it was in midle of night for UK ppl

DeletedUser10047

yea you did but befor taking the changes away you could have tryed to change the reset times to fit player needs , you could have tryed as times 8 am , 3 pm , 11 pm those were the times where i was in Québec Canada playing on en server but for ppl in UK
one of those resets for ppl in UK it was in midle of night for UK ppl
One of the nice things about trying it out on the EN server is that it is international. Lots of Canadians, Australians, Europeans, etc. In other words, there are people who are online at every time of the day.

shad2389

Viceroy
One of the nice things about trying it out on the EN server is that it is international. Lots of Canadians, Australians, Europeans, etc. In other words, there are people who are online at every time of the day.
could say same thing about all servers but vast majority sleep in midle of night if they would have used 8 am , 3 pm , 11 pm as times for resets am prity sure more ppl would have been on at those times rather then having 1 of the resets in midle of night

DeletedUser8908

1 add checkbox to not confirm action is GREAT EVOLUTION
2 dont authorize to use bronze units is GREAT EVOLUTION (it was too abused)
thank you for that.
3 Keep 24h protection and calculation. this is the right period to open and close sectors.
people work the journey. and it takes 4h to reform a soldier. so impossile te reput defenses in sectors every 4h 8h 12h..
it will be killed all strategy, and intelligent game. only student and people dont work could come and take every sectors in gvg.
sectors will not have 80 defenses but only 10. each time. this is bad, really.
parents will come back from work, and see all theirs sectors broken.. even if they are the best.. this is not logical, not correct.
so change 24h re calculation is BAD EVOLUTION
4 put 8 iron units, and have 8 martien units loooooooooooooooooooool that is CHEAT GAME !!
Are you serious ????? this is not the same age, the same size of barraks, the same cost. it is impossible to transform an iron unit on futur unit !!
so BAD EVOLUTION of course.

that is my opinion. i play gvg during 4 years now. please dont denaturate the gvg. it is so precious.
this is the place of group tactic, group spirit, group preparation, this is the best place to play in FOE. 4h recalculation will become a SINGLE place.
only best players who dont work will profit, and all others good players in gvg will desert it. omg, dont do that. please.

DeletedUser8303

As it is now only people that can be on at reset dominate everything. I see on several servers guild drop sectors secs b4 reset and retake them after locking everyone else out. While having lots of land that no one owns. They don't want it but don't want anyone else to have it either. If you allow more reset per day or fix it were when you drop a sector you cant take it back for 24 hours not just at reset. Or Make rotating Landing zones this would fix a lot of the issues with GVG and get a lot more guilds involved. A lot of guilds that gave it up because of this will get back involved. If some of these smaller guilds actually have a chance you can get more people interested in GVG. If that is what you were trying to do. If you are trying to kill it then just keep doing like you are. Since Battle Grounds started i have seen even more guilds leave the GVG battlefield.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
In terms of what the future holds for GvG, we have made a number of changes outside of the GvG Timers changes that we will keep, and have had a positive impact on the overall performance and user experience of the feature. We will, of course, continue to address bugs found in GvG, but our main focus in terms of feature changes, or changes to the overall functionality of GvG will be refocused as our Development team shifts its efforts towards other upcoming features.

This forms part of our most recent announcement on GvG.

Sl8yer

Regent
I believe we have the same word in French and English about this which is ostracism !

Perhaps you should have used that word.

Face it. Not to critisize you in any way, but you are hard to follow in English. Had to read it several times to figure out what you are trying to say. Screen shots would have made it easier, but you did not make those. You are talking about silver and gold arrows. Arrows are white, not silver or gold. Background is colored, but I would describe those colors as grey and orange. You come with statements from French Support. Those are all volunteers. Not really a good and reliable source.

DeletedUser9541

I wonder if the Developers can monitor the Virtual Goods supply and will determine if changes are needed to allow players to produce goods of the previous era, since the vast majority of players moved to Space Age Goods production, but GBG now requires huge quantities of Virtual Goods for negotiation.

Mithrandir

Merchant
When a siege is down the arrow no longer get gold so that we can put another siege : please correct the bug, This is detrimental to the quality of the game. So stop develop new feature. Concentrate on delivering existing feature with a convenable level of playing.
This bug is years old and never been addressed, same as s siege hanging on the last pip.

Last edited by a moderator:

podkap1970

Emperor
since few weeks, you did change something in the GvG Event-Log, i was hoping it was only temporary, but its on live servers now too
you can't see the names in the Event-Log anymore, you can't see who placed a siege or replaced a def, or who is attacking or who release a sector, which is really importent for an active GvG guild
can you please look in this?, or is this the next step for deactivating GvG? ;)