• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Vs. Guild Improvements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

lotjer

Farmer
Reduce Point Farming Profitability
To combat farming ranking points with Champions, once a sector is freed, all units that were placed there will be replaced with random, NPC units of the sector's age. In the All Age Map, the units will be replaced with units from the highest age.

Too bad for the Point Farming, but quite nice that we can just fill it up with Rogues and get highest age units. Even Iron Age players can put Mars units on a sector for instance. Makes it easier for recruiting one type of unit and harder for other Guilds to attack a sector. Interesting :)

Logain Sedai

Baronet
I like these changes, this makes the GvG more interesting.
However, there is one point I did not understand, that the Confirmation Checkboxes

To improve the overall user experience and enable people to quickly place siege and defensive armies, we'll add a "never see this again" checkbox. This also makes the overall experience more consistent with other aspects of Forge of Empires and gives you the benefit of being able to interact with GvG faster without having to spend time needlessly clicking away message windows.

Can you explain what this is ?

About the removal of bronze age units, I would have liked to take thing further and prevent players from putting a full rogue defense. I guess it must be too complicated to allow a maximum of 4 rogues (which seem fair to me).

Mr.Quib

Squire
Wow, never thought this would ever happen. :confused: Shame it took this long, but amazing to see these issues are finally getting resolved :)

Zarok Dai said:
You will remember that during the announcement of the Guild Battlegrounds (embed link)
Please embed link :D

Andi47

Overlord
Bug Fixes
Finally, we plan to address several bug fixes specifically impacting GvG, to improve the quality of the feature. These bugfixes will be detailed in future changelogs.

FINALLY!!!!!!! :)

After the 2nd or even 3rd anniversary of several bug reports it's about time!

MonkeyDCapo

Baronet
Have I understood that correctly? In the future, you can fill sectors with iron time units or agents, after giving up, will it be Mars units? That would mean that in the AllAge no "little" guilds can come more. Then you can call it "only last age".

And you do not need to give up any sectors to earn points. Friendly Guild and then besieged each other.

DeletedUser7021

Will it still be possible to siege each other with champions endlessly?
Then the 'Point Farming' will still be possible.

DeletedUser10112

Have I understood that correctly? In the future, you can fill sectors with iron time units or agents, after giving up, will it be Mars units? That would mean that in the AllAge no "little" guilds can come more. Then you can call it "only last age".

weel. mine interpretation is that only aplies to sectors with champions. but you still only can put future troops on the future map. in the all ages you can put colonial trops and a mars age troop. they will all be converted do mars troops. but randdom ones. not likely you can defeat them without casualties. the ideia is to reduce the farming not ended it

Will it still be possible to siege each other with champions endlessly?
Then the 'Point Farming' will still be possible.

well that´s a fact. baby steps. enjoy the small improvement. more to come i hope

Teak

Steward
Additional Recalculation Timers
Probably the biggest change we plan to implement is that we're going to change the daily calculation to a 4-hourly calculation. Within this the Guild Power, Guild Ranking, GvG Support Pool bonus and sector protection will be recalculated. However, Guild Level, HQ relocation and GvG Sector freedom grants will remain on a 24-hour timer.
Holy moly Guys...
You just complelty killed GvG... the Farmes will just get your sectors at 2am ... and there is nothing you can do to save anything ...
There will be mayhem... Every 12 or 8 hours ok... but every 4h...

There will be no tactics... just a big brawl to get points...

To combat farming ranking points with Champions, once a sector is freed, all units that were placed there will be replaced with random, NPC units of the sector's age. In the All Age Map, the units will be replaced with units from the highest age.

So I place 20 archer ranges and fill a sector and get Mars units :D:D...
I can fight units without using my Alca :D
Good job guys :D

Last edited:

shad2389

Viceroy
4-hourly calculation
+

Too bad for the Point Farming, but quite nice that we can just fill it up with Rogues and get highest age units. Even Iron Age players can put Mars units on a sector for instance. Makes it easier for recruiting one type of unit and harder for other Guilds to attack a sector. Interesting :)
guess guilds will find ways around this and continue farming
use goast guild + 4 hour recalc and it will be eaven worst i fail to see how this will fix problem of point farming
and having good allys and goasting will be needed for small guilds to eaven try to take AA sectors

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
will the protection stay at 24:00
So protection ended every 4:00 depending on the time of the fighting.

DeletedUser7531

and again, only the attacker has the advantage.

You have already changed a lot, which makes it almost impossible for the defender to defend his territory.

With these changes, they only have advantages again.
Do we need to make no effort in the GVG and the nocturnal guests can let off steam

unbelievable :( against this change!

DeletedUser7531

it's a joke
Sectors are then only 4 hours protected. can not be re-secured, because you can only release every 24 hours and the HQ can then also every 4 hours from another guild push
Congratulations

Teak

Steward
... So I can jump with another alibi guild accross half the map and get every fully deffed sector.
This will last for about 4 weeks and every map will be a farming fest...
No tactics. Wasted units and goods for any guild who tries to get sectors.
and the nocturnal farmers wil celebrate ;D
any guild who tried to be "successful" will be farmed

Players will invade your sectors for 5, 10, 20 goods... you figth them back 4 hours later and have to pay 200 to 800 each good... and 4 hours later it starts again :D:D... just wow