• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Guild vs Guild Future

agramer66

Steward
Remember the beginning phase of GvG? When we were able to join in attack (siege) as well as in defense (attacking siege army)? Put it back in, it will improve the chances for smaller guilds as two or three guilds could work together.
Take out the delay between setting sectors free and being able to retake them, the point farmers found other solutions, and it prevents a lot of tactical decisions..
Somewhere up there I read a really good idea: Let us define 4 (or even just 2, still a big help) favorite armies to be used in GvG session (after relog, they are deleted as favorites and can be changed)

agramer66

Steward
Something needs to be done about the AA map, one guild in our world has 66 sectors... because medals are so easy to come by through GB's.

make it require some different resource that is not totally unlimited like this. Or expand the map.

Take a few sectors from them repeatedly, even they will eventually run out of medals...

qaccy

Emperor
Whether you like it or not, the release of the All Ages map was Inno saying that GvG development is suspended indefinitely. If you don't want to read that announcement for what it is, you're kind of just in denial about it at this point. GvG has been swept aside in favor of GE until such time that Inno decides they're able to make it work the way they want it to. Whether that time ever comes, we don't know until it happens. They could even have been working on it for all these months, and they're just not ready to mention anything about it yet until it's completely done.

There is a simple way to improve GvG which I've suggested on other threads about the subject, and that is to remove the focus away from reset by making protected status last a fixed 24 hours instead of until recalc.
This would have the effect of spreading GvG action throughout the day instead of 90% of it happening in a 30 minute period. I don't know much about how computers and servers work, but surely this would ease the strain on them that we now have at recalc.
If the same 24 hour timer was applied to freed sectors being retaken and the option to free a protected sector was removed this would cut down on the champ farming, making it take 48 hours to cycle a sector (24 hours before a sector can be freed and another 24 hours before it can be retaken) instead of the current 24 hours. It wouldn't stop champ farming but it would half it at least.

DeletedUser6015

The GvG Is dead from the beginning, let's see what you get as a reward from there, 1% of what we spend on troops, goods and real time....
Do well the accounts of what you bury there, to earn so little....

There is a simple way to improve GvG which I've suggested on other threads about the subject, and that is to remove the focus away from reset by making protected status last a fixed 24 hours instead of until recalc.
This would have the effect of spreading GvG action throughout the day instead of 90% of it happening in a 30 minute period. I don't know much about how computers and servers work, but surely this would ease the strain on them that we now have at recalc.
If the same 24 hour timer was applied to freed sectors being retaken and the option to free a protected sector was removed this would cut down on the champ farming, making it take 48 hours to cycle a sector (24 hours before a sector can be freed and another 24 hours before it can be retaken) instead of the current 24 hours. It wouldn't stop champ farming but it would half it at least.

this is actually worth trying in a test on beta imho. it would change the way gvg is played dramatically though, because then you cannot be sure anymore when attacks are bound to happen (especially when your shield is alrd gone). it might also make it more fair to play as well.

DeletedUser8059

I was just wondering what the future for guild vs guild will be within forge of empires.

One of the greatest aspects of the game is death, because of the lag en army management issues. Inno is creating all these new additions to the game. But we never hear anything about Guild vs Guild. So i hope we can get some clear info on this.

When i make support calls: The answer is "we know of all the issues, but guild vs guild is not something we can fix easily". Has to do something with rebuilding the code. Next to that it is not on the prio list of innogames.
We also hear rumors saying guild vs guild is going to be removed.

So can we get a official reaction on this part of the game, or is someone able to tell me where to find some information about this somwhere else?

Allot of players that love guild vs guild are quitting at this moment, including some friends en guild members that helped and formed our guild.
Its just weird, that a game developer for so many games is just ignoring this part of the game en cant solve performance issues on servers....
(this is how it feels to allot of players)

Also any other reactions are welcome about this and how you look at this.

Ylokmor
Would be nice if they wipe the maps clean after 6 months so we could all start over would give more reason to do GVG. As you would have new compettition on the maps.

bigharris

Farmer
my guild on live servers is a gvg guild we prefer the reset time it allows us all to be there at set time and plan our attack we are a small guild 15 members only 7 of us battle gvg and we wipe bigger guilds with 60/70 members with high ranking of the map its all in the planing we dont hold onto sectors we release them save goods we bring life back to gvg all we want is the laging to stop and a working chat its the only way to comunicate during battle there is a few things that i would like changed
1st- when u land after your battle zone in to were your seige is instead of having to scroll around screen looking for your seige wastes valable time it does once you got your first sector
2nd- damaged troops once a troop is damaged and you replace them move them to the standby window theres nothing worse than all your rogues displayed are damaged yet the ones in standby are healthy but you cant select them
3rd- while in battle you get pop up saying somebody else has defeated this battle then you have to refresh its only right that troops should not be lost or damaged
4th- when a guild is wriped of the map they should not be able to reland for a period of 48 hours has punishment for not defending good enought
i do have many more ideas but i will leave it at that

ps-please when you release html5 on test select me me me me i HATE flash

SirSmithy

Squire
my guild on live servers is a gvg guild we prefer the reset time it allows us all to be there at set time and plan our attack we are a small guild 15 members only 7 of us battle gvg and we wipe bigger guilds with 60/70 members with high ranking of the map its all in the planing we dont hold onto sectors we release them save goods we bring life back to gvg all we want is the laging to stop and a working chat its the only way to comunicate during battle there is a few things that i would like changed
1st- when u land after your battle zone in to were your seige is instead of having to scroll around screen looking for your seige wastes valable time it does once you got your first sector
2nd- damaged troops once a troop is damaged and you replace them move them to the standby window theres nothing worse than all your rogues displayed are damaged yet the ones in standby are healthy but you cant select them
3rd- while in battle you get pop up saying somebody else has defeated this battle then you have to refresh its only right that troops should not be lost or damaged
4th- when a guild is wriped of the map they should not be able to reland for a period of 48 hours has punishment for not defending good enought
i do have many more ideas but i will leave it at that

ps-please when you release html5 on test select me me me me i HATE flash

That's why GVG is dead. The purpose of GVG is to keep sectors to gain points for guild level progression and not to take and release the sectors. This kind of playstyle is called ranking point farming.

Good job making GVG dead for the others! Keep up the good work! ;)

DeletedUser8127

Meaningful is only a rebalancing - GvG points get out of the ranking and the senseless take and release of the sectors stops. Some players have several hundred million ranking points and 80% of them are only fighting through senseless GvG. 8 heroes to defend the sector and re-occupy = 1 million ranking points. Players who are not so in battle noise never have a chance to achieve good rankings in the ranking list. This is not fair and balanced and is demotivating. For everything, there is a ranking list - medals, legendary buildings - so why not for GvG points / fights?

GvG can remain as it is - but the points are NOT included in the ranking list.

DeletedUser

Something needs to be done about the AA map, one guild in our world has 66 sectors... because medals are so easy to come by through GB's.

make it require some different resource that is not totally unlimited like this. Or expand the map.
why doesn't your guild have 66 sectors ?

medals can't be the factor because the are almost unlimited :rolleyes:

They have over 100 million. No chance.
if you have no chance it can't be because of the medals

your guild sure also has over 100 million too

:rolleyes:

Would be nice if they wipe the maps clean after 6 months so we could all start over would give more reason to do GVG. As you would have new compettition on the maps.
would be nice if they wipe the GBs after 6 month :cool:

DeletedUser5791

GvG is too hard and too costly a project.
They have just been letting it linger/rot/die as it is.
Unless FoE is completely rewritten (and with flash dying, one can certainly hope FoE will be rewritten), you should not expect any major improvement.
And even so, my guess is that it would still be too costly.

Yes. I agree with that. GvG is was a tiny mistake to project it on this kind of flash programing, and they know it. :) That is why they came out wth expeditions, to make people busy with something else and more happy. :p
But in any way, there could be some tiny improvements which they could do....even now...
1.remove all flash icons when battling, remove all those icons when a battle finishes, this is slowing it down really. We dont need to count them nor see them. To make it faster!!! those little shields and swords jumping,you know? this can be removed... And the game will be less permanently freezing. All those nonsense graphics things might be removed to make it faster.
2. The All Ages Era must be improved, that we can choose which units would be loaded, not all, and then it will be faster, cos now it loads all units and it takes a second or two to load, and this second can be a win or loss... :)
3. When one team is with 5 players and the other one with only 2 players online battling, this one with 2 players can win, but needs to reload the siege army more times, cos usually those with 5 players are faster. That way it would be ok. But now it it that those with 5 players obstruct the system by making it freezing for those with 2 players. I dont know exactly where is the mistake but this must be done to improve. Cos the team with 2 players sees all those tiny swords jumping and jumping and this is really annoying. I dont know why it cannot be porgrammed that we dont see nothing, only how many of our siege is away and then noting at all, no blinking no flashing, nothing, just pure fights!!!
Simply, to program it that way that regardless of a computer system you use, it will be the same for all (notebooks, classic PC, linux, windows, internet connection) to make it fast, as fast as possible, that everyone can play. Thus - remove all flashing or i dont know what exactly... :)

lol

why doesn't your guild have 66 sectors ?

medals can't be the factor because the are almost unlimited :rolleyes:

Because of quicksieging. Unless you have a fast connection in this game, so that you replace quicker than they siege and siege quicker than they replace, you've no chance _at all_ in GvG.

If you remove the goods restriction, and the units restriction (with alcatraz everyone has thousands of rogues), this is what GvG becomes - a contest of 'who has the quicker connection'. Not much fun at all.

Macha

Squire
maybe gvg will be like the treasure hunt....not enough players are using it so it will be removed

After all these years I see many have not understand the basic problems of GvG.
The costs in units or goods is something considerable as well as the game speed but the main problem has to do with the players as human beings.
For how long do you think a person can program its real life arround the daily calculation?
Talking that into consideration then it is logical to consider how many goods or units somebody is willing to spend on GvG and for how long when that person cannot be on line at the daily calculation.
For me GvG is a failure that Inno does not want to admit.
Yes,it did had some fun in the begging but there has been a long time since then.
A lot of players had been tired and quit not to mention the thousands cases of quitted players which passed their accounts to others.
If Inno wanted to be honest with its self it could have easily discovered that many of the accounts still active in GvG comes for the same IPs.

Yes GE is now the great aspect and if Inno had some vision about the game a GvG map in the same format GE was designed would have been the next logical step.
Why?
Because it is accessible from many devices and not only PC
Because you don't have to worry about the daily calculation.
Because you don't have to worry if a lunatic will attack you in the middle of the night and cost you tons of goods and defence units.
Because of no fake siege ability just for fishing ranking points
Because it is a matter of willing of each player to progress in it
Because it will force old players to "restart". Many companies had "restart" as a motto on their advertisng campaings but Inno couldn't understand why.

For that reasons and thousands others I can think of
PLEASE REMOVE THE GVG FROM MULTIPLAYER MODE AND MAKE IT A PERSONAL MAP

Last edited:

DeletedUser7951

The multiplayer mode is what makes it fun, without it there is little need for GvG. You already have the GE and campaign map + neighbours to fight solo. Although it is in need of some changes, making it a solo project is not the answer.

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
First of all
I apologize for my english is an automatic translator
this is also the reason
that I have not written my opinion so long
I will not comment on the messages
of the players
I want to do a public appeal
to the designers of the game
stop the improvements upgrades
with the chairs tables and taverns decoration it is beautiful
but the fun interest offering a limited end time
The players we play for years FOE
we worshiped him Guild vs Guild
yes many stopped
You forced them to stop
because they did not see any upgrades
for 1-2 years
to relate to some
important development
on the map Guild vs Guild
No other part of the FOE
he can not replace him map Guild vs Guild
Thanks

The text in Greek
Καταρχας θελω να ζητησω συγνωμη για τα αγγλικα μου
ειναι απο αυτοματο μεταφραστη
αυτος ειναι και ο λογος
που δεν εχω γραψει την γνωμη μου τοσο καιρο
Δεν θα σχολιασω τα μηνυματα των αλλων παιχτων
Θελω να κανω μια δημοσια παρακληση
προς τους σχεδιαστες του παιχνιδιου
σταματηστε τις βελτιωσεις αναβαθμισεις
με τις καρεκλες τραπεζια ταβερνες και την διακοσμηση Ομορφα ειναι μεν
αλλα η διασκεδαση - ενδιαφερον που προσφερουν εχει περιορισμενο χρονο ληξης
Οι παιχτες που παιζουμε χρονια ΦΟΕ
λατρευαμε τον χαρτη του πολεμου των συντεχνιων
ναι πολλοι σταματησαν
Εσεις τους αναγκασατε να σταματησουν
γιατι δεν ειδαν καμμια αναβαθμιση εδω και 1-2 χρονια να αφορα σε καποια σημαντικη εξελιξη στο χαρτη του πολεμου των συντεχνιων
Κανενα αλλο τμημα του φοε δεν μπορει να τον αντικαταστησει τον χαρτη του πολεμου των συντεχνιων
Ευχαριστω

Last edited:
The multiplayer mode is what makes it fun, without it there is little need for GvG. You already have the GE and campaign map + neighbours to fight solo. Although it is in need of some changes, making it a solo project is not the answer.
Campain map and GE is very limited.
Neighbours?????????
I havn't been attacked for years.
Kind of logical if you think of how many Shrine of Knowledge (or other assets which need to be motivated) the players have in their cities.
Yes,you are correct.
It may be a solo project concerning the battles part but on the other hand if goods are required in order to progress then it is also a team effort and only active guilds can progress.
After all guilds original purpose was to be a group of people helping each other and for sure was not to be a group of people acting like gangs,which is mostly what is happening on the servers on GvG maps.