• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Guild vs Guild Future

DeletedUser5803

I was just wondering what the future for guild vs guild will be within forge of empires.

One of the greatest aspects of the game is death, because of the lag en army management issues. Inno is creating all these new additions to the game. But we never hear anything about Guild vs Guild. So i hope we can get some clear info on this.

When i make support calls: The answer is "we know of all the issues, but guild vs guild is not something we can fix easily". Has to do something with rebuilding the code. Next to that it is not on the prio list of innogames.
We also hear rumors saying guild vs guild is going to be removed.

So can we get a official reaction on this part of the game, or is someone able to tell me where to find some information about this somwhere else?

Allot of players that love guild vs guild are quitting at this moment, including some friends en guild members that helped and formed our guild.
Its just weird, that a game developer for so many games is just ignoring this part of the game en cant solve performance issues on servers....
(this is how it feels to allot of players)

Also any other reactions are welcome about this and how you look at this.

Ylokmor

DeletedUser5429

GvG is too hard and too costly a project.
They have just been letting it linger/rot/die as it is.
Unless FoE is completely rewritten (and with flash dying, one can certainly hope FoE will be rewritten), you should not expect any major improvement.
And even so, my guess is that it would still be too costly.

DeletedUser5803

Yes expecially the rewritten part because flash is dying indeed. And i know this post is a cry in the dark probably, but hey of nobody does it.

The crashes and unit selection issues are the worst.

Crashes
  1. When the defending army is beaten by another player. Why not have a popup asking to start next fight or quit or something, or go back to the sector immidiatly,...
  2. When the attacking army is defeated. Also crash or reloading and then you need to go all the way to GVG again.
  3. The more people that join on the map defending or attacking make the game very slow. We have seen sectors destroyed while sitting present with like 6 to 7 people to defend, unable to do hardly anything about it because of the crashes or bad unit selection with units jumping back and in.

Unit selecion

I wish you could use the filters better in this part.

1. Make an attacking army you like to fight with your favorite or something. wich you can reuse as long as you have enough of those units. like 1 to 4 favorite armies you can save.
  2. If you choose an era of units that it sticks on that era and you can only choose those units, while fighting in all ages for instance, till you change it again.

BRUDAN

Merchant
A position should be taken with regard to gvg so that we do not spend all the treasury goods, since the GES that supports the treasury only from the AF and OF not used.

Lionhead

Baronet
Starting with this, I´ve seen 3 different GvG-threads in this Game Discussion part of the forum since tuesday.
In my opinion it´s a clear sign that FoE-players really wants this aspect of the game, but more importantly we want it to be taken care of so it´s enjoyable and fun.
I hope these threads are passed along, and I´d love to see some response from IG-employees on the matter. Not just the excuses, but some sort of official statement as to wether this will be dealt with in the future, or "We at IG no longer see GvG as an instrumental part of the game". Or just something inbetween, but with a fairly accurate timeframe as to when this will be dealt with.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7779

I agree 100%, what got me playing FoE for so long is GvG and Im in a GvG fighting guild...if all the issues (not only lag but MAINLY) are not going to be addressed, i guess our members are just going to quit, including myself.
I stopped playing at recalc a few months ago, but last week Saturday i was in the mood so here what happened:

I was supposed to release 2 tiles in FE at 15 secs before recalc. I did. It even showed me the goods we got back. Logged back after recalc - tiles were not released. So the game had at least 15 secs lag and didn't register my drops....:mad:

Now, I logged in 3-4 mins after reset (lag!!), tried fighting. It took me 1 additional min to load corresponding map, then another minute to load army screen. And exactly when i thought i'd be finally able to fight and hit the auto button, i got an 'internal error' becoz guildmates had just take the sector....

I was pissed, but oh well we had more fights to do, so i patiently reloaded game, waited for another minute to access GVG, then another one to open map and one more to load army and then i got the damn internal error again.

This happened a few more times...So basically in 14 minutes, i was able to do exactly 4 fights....

WTH happened Inno? Just about an year ago i was one of the fastest siegers on server and now i could barely load the map..:(

trayk

Steward
Honestly the future is the APP. GvG will not function in the APP as it is. I love GvG and what it was. When it first came out it was the bomb!! Over time the whiners cried enough to get horrible changes made. The result is what we have now. :(
TBH, I would just as soon see it removed from the game and GE expanded exponentially.

DeletedUser

The end of GvG would be a disaster.
In no way the GE is a replacement for that.
I think I speak for my entire live guild that the game will lose all it's real sensation if GvG would end.
Filling GB's, constantly play events and playing the GE isn't that exciting at all and above all more of a solo experience than something fun for the entire guild and guild interactions.
Our guild plays the GE for the honor and prizes but not particularly because it is so exciting.
Without GvG the game is not dynamic at all.
Sometimes in the weekends I can enjoy the GvG (access to my computer).
Makes me wonder too.
Our guild doesn't accept souly app-players anymore: they want us at least to chat (socialize) with them and help in one way or the other with the GvG.
How much longer will the app be (for diamond players) a more expensive and more crippled version of the PC game to the point guilds avoid us?
This app is launched and advertised as a full game experience!
Also I get questions like:"didn't you read my profile text"?
No, I have not, I need to say, I can't read them but I can write one :confused:
It is pretty weird having to say that honestly.

podkap1970

Emperor
The end of GvG would be a disaster.
In no way the GE is a replacement for that.
I think I speak for my entire live guild that the game will lose all it's real sensation if GvG would end.
Filling GB's, constantly play events and playing the GE isn't that exciting at all and above all more of a solo experience than something fun for the entire guild and guild interactions.
welcome to FoB (Forge of Boredom)
i tell you, leave the game more earlier as later :)

DeletedUser

We also hear rumors saying guild vs guild is going to be removed.

We have also heard these rumors, and that is all they are, rumors. While it may be true that at this time GvG is not planned to be integrated into our app, we have no plans to remove GvG from the game.

So can we get a official reaction on this part of the game

The responses you have received through Support are very much official reactions, and what you were told was correct. My stating the same here would also be an official reaction.

One of the greatest aspects of the game is death, because of the lag en army management issues.

The cause of this is known, and it is being looked into as to what the best solutions may be.

Unless FoE is completely rewritten (and with flash dying, one can certainly hope FoE will be rewritten), you should not expect any major improvement.

We have been working for some time to get rid of Flash and move to another technology.

DeletedUser7059

We have been working for some time to get rid of Flash and move to another technology.

Hip hip HURRAAAY! :D
I wrote about new technology, like html5 long and long and long.... time.

To the toppic:
GvG hass been killed by changes maken becoase whinning players. Without removing this bad changes, GvG will never be as goog as once was.
If it should stay like is now.... i am for removing GvG. Now is it just player pointfarm. That kill this function.

DeletedUser5955

i also mentioned about other programmers languages that can be used
look for instance on heroes of might and magic online - 0 flash only C#, html5 and other, look at the graphics there (twice or more better then here in foe)
even due to big world many optins etc it runs smoothly.

so I agree remove flash or atleast programme it way better(yes it is possible)
and about gvg? idont play it cos its pointless - when giants takes some placement there is no way of getting anyhthing out of gvg.

terim

Merchant
Three years for migrate:

"Adobe is planning to end-of-life Flash. Specifically, we will stop updating and distributing the Flash Player at the end of 2020 and encourage content creators to migrate any existing Flash content to these new open formats."

tbh, i wouldn't mind if it would mean no new (extra) content for e.g. 2-3 months if that whole time can be dedicated to convert the whole game to html5; from the looks of it, only the front-end part would need to be redesigned (plus some additional programming), the backend and graphics can simply be reused :) have seen this done with other games too, you just need the time to finish it :)

DeletedUser7228

GvG does need updating, some things are not fair if you consider the real life events of sieges. Sector support is okay, but 8 armies equalling 80 is not. In a true historical siege, the advantage went to the sieging army. They could surround and castle and starve them out and into submission. Lets get things in line.

How long is it going to take to get this to the ipad? they say its been coming, but its been three or more years and nothing has been done.

Something needs to be done about the AA map, one guild in our world has 66 sectors... because medals are so easy to come by through GB's.

make it require some different resource that is not totally unlimited like this. Or expand the map.

DeletedUser7942

I think the main reason why players may feel GvG will be gone one day is simply mobile, I mean the whole reason for GE was to give mobile players something to do that made them feel they were contributing something to the guild and so guilds who GvG felt mobile players could provide some value to the guild. At the same time GE came out FoE stopped Innovating in GvG. What are players supposed to think?

And more and more we get too many mobile only players in the game not even aware of what GvG is, and too timid as well because the draw to this game has been from the focusing more and more on other stuff besides the fighting aspect players get the impression this is some sort of happyland to build stuff, play events and chat with some friends then wake up the next day to see their Palace plundered shocked someone "stole" their stuff. Really I wish Inno offers different servers for those who want to War and those who want to playplay wheel spin for shiny bold animations and toys.

server type - Copy.PNG

But GvG will never die and here's why. There are three things that give guilds a unifying purpose; GvG, GE and to some extent PvP, ultimately though to seek glory and pride through global rank. Of those GvG gives guild members more of a sense of accomplishment than GE ever can because when they contribute, although still an AI, they are up against other guilds, something is at stake which provides a sense of excitement as their efforts can be laid to waste by someone else destroying their siege or taking their sectors but when victorious how very glorious. In GE you compare scores with other guilds.

I think though eventually GvG will change to something similar that can offer the same things GvG now can that both Mobile and Browser can do but it aint GE.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7779

Something needs to be done about the AA map, one guild in our world has 66 sectors... because medals are so easy to come by through GB's.

make it require some different resource that is not totally unlimited like this. Or expand the map.
I agree with you, although expanding the map won't really change anything, fat guilds will get even fatter and champ farmers will have even more room to farm.
Why not simply change medal cost to AF and OF goods? (yes both, 1st siege would cost 5 AF and 5 OF, 1st defense slot will cost 30 of each, etc). When next era is released cost will be increased to all 3 types.
I realize that would make all the medals useless, but better useless medals than useless AF/OF goods rotting in inventory.

Lionhead

Baronet
I agree with you, although expanding the map won't really change anything, fat guilds will get even fatter and champ farmers will have even more room to farm.
Why not simply change medal cost to AF and OF goods? (yes both, 1st siege would cost 5 AF and 5 OF, 1st defense slot will cost 30 of each, etc). When next era is released cost will be increased to all 3 types.
I realize that would make all the medals useless, but better useless medals than useless AF/OF goods rotting in inventory.

Not a bad idea.
I would still prefer that IG reverted to age-specific GvG maps.
How about 1st siege would cost 5 AF, 5 OF AND 25 Medals etc. etc.?