• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Guild Tech tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldra

Marquis
Reason
This idea goes in the same way than guild perks. Work as a guild in a no battle way
Details
The idea takes things that exist in the game and the guild perks in rebuilding. For this reason, i think this is not a DSNL.
Balance
The impact will be decided by every guild.
Abuse Prevention
No abuse
Summary
The idea can be implemented in parts, because its a big work.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
No
This idea is to create a copy of the tech tree for the guilds. To make this, it needs a new window on guild, generate a duplicate of the tech tree, and change some names, pictures and bonuses.
When you enter in the guild tech tree, to investigate, you will need goods and resources (add the option to give coins, supplies and special goods to treasury), but it will be 10 times what it needs in player tech tree. Example: to investigate granary (HMA) you will need 40000 coins, 80000 supplies, 790 lumber and 110 salt). That "10 times" will be applied to all guilds, no matter how many players they have. Can be modified to change the difficulties to investigate depending on eras. Only guild foundators can use the guild goods to investigate.
Investigations that gives expansions should be changed for investigations that gives the bonus of the GB of that era. I will explain this better.
The investigations with expansions that cant be changed by GB (all ages until SA have more than 3 tech expansions) can be changed by unblocking the cloudy lands of continent map in CE, PE, PME, CE and FE. The others can give expansions to players. In this new parts of the continent map, we can get the 5th good of lower eras and other normal bonus as goods/coins or supplies.
The buildings investigated, will give double of resources. This means that all the investigations done, will make player buildings better. Good buildings will produce 20, 40 and 80. Military buildings will produce two normal troops. Can be showed posting a x2 in every image production. Population, hapinees will be duplicated too.
Gb can be showed like guild perks was. All of them with 10 levels and only the basic bonus. Special bonus can be changed by guild perk bonus. To unblock a GB you need to pay 10 times the cost to build them. Example: galata tower need 1000 copper, 1000 gold, 1000 honey, 1200 alabaster and 800 granite. To upgrade to level 1, it will need 200 fp. That fp could be donated like guild perks does it, but it will need a new window showing pf donations.
The bonus given by GB wont be x2. It will be the same bonus, but changing the specials.
Observatory: Guild goods and guild perk
Oracle of delphy: supplies and happiness
TOR: Guild perk for expedition
Tower of babel: Goods and population
Zeus: military boost
Colosseum: Medals and happiness
LoA: Gods and guild perk
Aachen: Military boost and coins
Hagia Sophia: PF and happiness
Galata tower: Goods and guild perk
St Mark: Goods and guild perk
Notre Dame: Supplies and happiness
Saint Basil: Military boost and coins
CDM: Military boost and pf
Deal Castle: Military boost and medals
FDresden: Goods and happiness
Capitol: Supplies and population
RAH: Goods and guild perk
Chateau: Coins and guild perk
Alcatraz: Happiness and military guild perk or random troops of the guild era
Space needle: Coins and happiness
Atomium: Happiness and guild goods
Cape Canaveral: pf
Habitat: Coins and population
Innovation: Pf and population
Lotus temple: Coins and happiness
Voyager: Supplies and guild perk
Truce tower: Supplies and guild perk
RFP: Goods and guild perk
Arc: Guild goods and guild perk
Gaea Statue: Happiness and medals
AO: PF and guild perk
Seed Vault: Supplies and guild perk
Atlantis: Goods and guild perk
Kraken: PF and guild perk
Blue galaxy: Medals and guild perk
Terracota army: Military boost
Himeji: Supplies and guild perk
Virgo: Coins and guild perk
Star Gazer: Goods previous era
SC: Special goods and guild perk
FI: Guild perk for settlements
AI core: Guild goods and guild perk
Levels over 10 can be added, but paying in every level the cost of the goods needed to build it. The military bonus would be showed in the townhall with the icon of guild. The resources will be added to the townhall.
The resources used to investigations, will give power points to the guild.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Arya66

Squire
Sounds like you put a lot of thought and work into this, But: What is good/helpful for one person, will do nothing for another.
Easily abused. A Founder can do what they want to help themselves or a favorite mate, while doing nothing to help another.
Not everybody has FPs or other resources to spare. It would be a few mates doing all the work (like Guild Perks).
I'm pretty sure there is some of this on the DNS list.

Goldra

Marquis
It will fundamentally alter the game.
It also makes the game much easier to play - too easy.
I dont think game will become easier. The production of the top players is based on event buildings, that wont be affected by this. And this tech tree wont be completed in a few days. Maybe eras until AF will be easy, but first, you will have to take BA goods.

Sounds like you put a lot of thought and work into this, But: What is good/helpful for one person, will do nothing for another.
Easily abused. A Founder can do what they want to help themselves or a favorite mate, while doing nothing to help another.
Not everybody has FPs or other resources to spare. It would be a few mates doing all the work (like Guild Perks).
I'm pretty sure there is some of this on the DNS list.
Every investigation will help all guild players. If your guild foundator only thinks in one or two players, is not a good foundator.
Big players can help little players. Thats why i asked a new window for pf donations.

Thunderdome

Emperor
The production of the top players is based on event buildings, that wont be affected by this.
That's why. It's not inclusive for everyone to partake in, just only those who are able to "afford" such thus spreading the gap between top player and average player a little bit wider. It is also another fight waiting to happen as guilds will concentrate on getting those who can afford such perks while putting everyone else out --or-- nitpicking on those who are struggling to make ends meet (much newer players).

Day in and day out, I always think like I am a new player because while I can get between 180-250 fp and around 800 goods a day at my level of game play, I remember those times where I began to put my first hut, my first hunter, my first spearfighter barracks, and my first lumber mill (yeah, I get lumber each time, lol) as well as having to wait until it was time to harvest (oh, the 10 hours for the 10 fp, lol).

It also makes the game much easier to play - too easy.
Probably for those that already had amassed so much through their game play life. For lower players, they will be struggling.

Not everybody has FPs or other resources to spare.
Agreed. I can see a few "power tripped" players rising out of this as it will widen the gap between them and the rest of the player base.

Dessire

Regent
there are some mobile games that applies similar things to motivate player to contribute to their guilds and no leave them, features like donations to X technology of the guild to earn some points and those points can be spent in a guild shop. or according to your level of contributions you can increase your ranking in the guild and have acces to more useful things in the guild shop. I don't see why those types of systems can't be applied to the game.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
While potentially interesting conceptually, I think it belongs to an era long gone by. Doubling the effectiveness of "regular" buildings would still not lead to them being used much beyond "until better event buildings are won".

lizNdarcy

Farmer
I agree that I do not see a real value to implementing this idea. But I do agree that a great deal of effort was put in to developing it.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I also feel the game misses a cooperative feature for building something up - more than just collecting power for guild level. But I fear this implementation is not the way to go.

Such a feature would need to make sure that a single player can not reach the same progress as a bigger guild.
the approach of the guild perks was OK, the benefits were just too meager in comparison to what was invested.

I could imagine something like:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
We should also think about defining the word guild.
Because it is clear that to create one, at some point we are alone.
But that some create a guild to benefit from the advantages instead of remaining alone without a guild is an aberration.
Why don't various guild perks or effects activate once the guild has X members?
FOE is a cooperative game where playing alone must be an assumed choice but to the detriment of the advantages that a collective game can offer.

Goldra

Marquis
Im glad to see that my idea has started a discussion and people agree that guild system need something more, in the way of cooperation.
What guild gives us we see in the townhall, and the difference betweem a low level guild vs a big level guild is little. As bigger you are, that difference becomes smaller.

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
Thank you for your suggestion. I used to have a similar idea some years back, but the game changed quite a bit since then.

As most votes are against, we will not forward the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.