• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Ranking Overhaul

Owl II

Emperor
I wasn't aware there were servers quite so active :) All of the US ones I've paid attention to are between 50-60 diamond guilds total. And have been at that number roughly for some time.
I don't think it's an activity indicator. Just a lot of small guilds. Everyone prefers to cook in their own small pot and sluggishly pick at this agribusiness. Because there is no reason to strengthen and expand. Very low bar to stay afloat

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I don't think it's an activity indicator. Just a lot of small guilds. Everyone prefers to cook in their own small pot and sluggishly pick at this agribusiness. Because there is no reason to strengthen and expand. Very low bar to stay afloat

That low bar is there on all servers. I've made it to platinum in a guild of 1 - and I'm sure I could make diamond now and then in one if I put all my effort into it.

The rank and file of guilds has always been such - it's just when it was only GvG for rankings, the guilds that do nothing largely went unnoticed - it was like they didn't even exist because they didn't GvG. Where now they comprise all of gold and below and probably a good half of platinum.

They're not all guilds of 1 either - some are guilds of 80 that just aren't active.

I'd say if you have twice the active guilds (and thus twice the diamond guilds) you probably also have twice the active players :)

Owl II

Emperor
That low bar is there on all servers. I've made it to platinum in a guild of 1 - and I'm sure I could make diamond now and then in one if I put all my effort into it.

The rank and file of guilds has always been such - it's just when it was only GvG for rankings, the guilds that do nothing largely went unnoticed - it was like they didn't even exist because they didn't GvG. Where now they comprise all of gold and below and probably a good half of platinum.

They're not all guilds of 1 either - some are guilds of 80 that just aren't active.

I'd say if you have twice the active guilds (and thus twice the diamond guilds) you probably also have twice the active players :)
Well... This is the old world. And we have far fewer worlds than you . So maybe you're right