• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Ranking Overhaul

thelegend88

Squire
Hello everyone, in this thread I wish to hear your opinions on existing guild ranking system and propose changes.

So far the dominant factor to determine guild ranking is GvG. It is a feature played by only small percentage of players and a feature which many players who are otherwise highly active don't even have access to since their game is limited only to the app - platform which has more and more users but they are unable to participate in GvG.

On other hand GBG is something all have access to, there are many great GBG teams who are active many hours a day and invest a lot of effort into it yet they are not even close to top 10.

Ranking should be adjusted in a way GBG performance has much more weight in creation of guild rankings and GvG prestige should be reduced so that rankings actually reflect the effort of a team as a whole, not just a few players active in GvG pushing their guild to top 10 while remaining 60 members barely come online once a day, majority of which not even saw how GvG even looks like since it is not available to all.

Agree or disagree, but I think current ranking system stems from times when GBG was not around and it was not properly adjusted when GBG was released, therefore it is not balanced and does not reflect the current situation.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I have no idea what should be considered for a rating that reflects guild activity, but I think ONLY for the sake of fairness depending on the medium you're playing with, GvG should no longer be taken into account in all areas (whether it is the guild ranking or the individual ranking via the taking into account of fights carried out).
Thus, if Inno does not wish to adapt this facet of the game to everyone or to remove it, it would no longer impact players who CANNOT participate in it.

However, it is sad to see that the results in guild expeditions are not taken into account nor the number of members, yet so difficult to convince and keep.

Since donating resources to the treasury earn points for each player individually, why are stocks not included in the guild ranking?

Finally, the guild ranking could also be influenced by some GB that currently offer support pool ...

Agree or disagree, but I think current ranking system stems from times when GBG was not around and it was not properly adjusted when GBG was released, therefore it is not balanced and does not reflect the current situation.
You are right.
  • Current guild ranking system was set before GBG was released.
  • The guild ranking system has not been changed/adjusted after GBG was released.

Owl II

Emperor
Hello everyone, in this thread I wish to hear your opinions on existing guild ranking system and propose changes.

So far the dominant factor to determine guild ranking is GvG. It is a feature played by only small percentage of players and a feature which many players who are otherwise highly active don't even have access to since their game is limited only to the app - platform which has more and more users but they are unable to participate in GvG.

On other hand GBG is something all have access to, there are many great GBG teams who are active many hours a day and invest a lot of effort into it yet they are not even close to top 10.

Ranking should be adjusted in a way GBG performance has much more weight in creation of guild rankings and GvG prestige should be reduced so that rankings actually reflect the effort of a team as a whole, not just a few players active in GvG pushing their guild to top 10 while remaining 60 members barely come online once a day, majority of which not even saw how GvG even looks like since it is not available to all.

Thank you for initiating this discussion. I don't understand why no one has done this yet. My opinion: 1. The fact that the guild ranking is tied to a feature that has access only 5% of players according to the devs,have this perfect and absolute nonsense. 2. It's pity, but GBG does not have criteria to which it would be possible to tie the guild ranking. Currently, at least

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
It's pity, but GBG does not have criteria to which it would be possible to tie the guild rating. Currently, at least
The GBG have an influence on the ranking since it is currently 19 times the league points!

Owl II

Emperor
The GBG have an influence on the ranking since it is currently 19 times the league points!
Only formally. Absolute numbers are not important for the ranking. 5 points or 50 thousand it doesn't matter. The important thing is GBG ranking does not allow you to do the main thing. Try to guess what? Yes! that's right. You can't arrange the guilds. Because everyone has 18,000.

thelegend88

Squire
I know prestige from GBG also counts and how much it comes from GBG. So a guild just over level 60 with 1000 LP and no GvG sectors will have some 19k prestige while number one ranked guild will have around 40k prestige. Assuming they are level 80 and also have 1000 LP it means they get around 800 more prestige from their guild level which is negligible and it means GvG accounts for well over 50% of their (prestige) ranking.

GBG should be given more prestige points, GvG should bring less.

thelegend88

Squire
However, it is sad to see that the results in guild expeditions are not taken into account nor the number of members, yet so difficult to convince and keep.

GE should also count. Every good trophy +100 prestige, every silver trophy +50.

As you now see guilds focused only on GBG, just taking in as many as members as possible to have stronger impact but don't care which place they going to take in GE.

Number of Players should not be taken in account for ranking. A Guild of 40 members can do more encounters at GE and GBG than a less active guild of 80 members.

If taken in any way it should be a nominal ranking point per guildmate.

Last edited:
Finally, the guild ranking could also be influenced by some GB that currently offer support pool ...
But why? Would you really want your guild mates to waste space on deals/basils??

It'd be nice to be able to get support pool from other buildings instead of those two giant eyesores. SOH?

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I think there is a lack of guild GMs who contribute little or nothing individually.
The skill, which has been useless for years, remains the reserve of support (Obs, Basil, Deal).
As much as this skill is made useful by interacting with guild points.
I prefer Inno to improve existing things than to create new ones that are sometimes even more useless (nod to the flying island)

Owl II

Emperor
Support pool is an anachronism at the current attack values. It's a pity this is not the biggest stupidity in the game. Dуal and Basil are friends of Colosseum. Obs has an impact on the growth of the player's ranking. But doing the same for the guild is not a good idea, I think. This is a reason for extort and any abuse. Replacing the support pool with power would be a good idea, however. But no one will do it. No one will change the bonuses existing GB

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
You can't take away the ranking from GvG as that's really the only "reward" it offers - the ability to show off as the top guild.

But at the same time I'd agree GBG does not do enough to differentiate prestige from performance - what with ~30 guilds at any point in time having the max 18000 prestige, and another 30 within 1800 of that (something easily made up for with *1* GvG map).

One simple thing I think could help would be to include the "1000-overflow" for the last season in the prestige contribution. So a 1000 guild that won an 8 team 1000 group last season and would be at 1175 but gets reduced to 1000 gets their prestige calculated using the 1175 value for 21150. There would be at most 4 of those guilds any given season and it'd allow for a more meaningful balance in the direction of "GBG matters too". This wouldn't keep accumulating to present a reasonable limit - only the previous season's overflow would count.

Owl II

Emperor
We can't. But developers can it. Agree, it is unfair 95% of players are not involved in the formation of the guild ranking.

Any changes to the GBG will only make sense once this swamp called the Diamond League is removed

thelegend88

Squire
You can't take away the ranking from GvG as that's really the only "reward" it offers - the ability to show off as the top guild.

Actually that is not correct, GvG provides guild power besides the prestige.

Ability to show off as a top guild is kind of strange as only small percentage of total players are able to contribute towards that achievement. Less than 5% of total players do GvG, and also it is a feature not available to the most of our community. So it can't represent the genuine ranking.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
4? 8 on my server this season. And amount of diamond guilds increases every 2 weeks

There's 8 diamond groups, but only 4 of those is 1000-diamond - and it's more or less stable of late not continuing to grow.

Owl II

Emperor
There's 8 diamond groups, but only 4 of those is 1000-diamond - and it's more or less stable of late not continuing to grow.
101 guilds in diamond league are on my server right now. 55 of them have 1000 LP. We had 98 diamond guilds last season. It's still growing

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
101 guilds in diamond league are on my server right now. 55 of them have 1000 LP. We had 98 diamond guilds last season. It's still growing

I wasn't aware there were servers quite so active :) All of the US ones I've paid attention to are between 50-60 diamond guilds total. And have been at that number roughly for some time.